MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ACL Sinfonion
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next [all]
Author ACL Sinfonion
TemplarK
Supermathi wrote:
Hi all,

I've just uploaded another demo of "Sinfonion Music" to Soundcloud. Sequencers are just used for a simple bass line and for the melody theme - both quantized with the Sinfonion into the correct chord situation.

This has been recorded in one single stereo track without any overdubbing nor any effects. The only editing in the DAW was for trimming the start.

Two linked Sinfonions control more than 20 VCOs.

[s]https://soundcloud.com/zarkuun/sets/melodies[/s]

AWesome! What VCO/filter are you using for the arabian sounding lead that comes in around 0.50 damn epic patching!
bkbirge
Supermathi wrote:
Hi all,

I've just uploaded another demo of "Sinfonion Music" to Soundcloud. Sequencers are just used for a simple bass line and for the melody theme - both quantized with the Sinfonion into the correct chord situation.

This has been recorded in one single stereo track without any overdubbing nor any effects. The only editing in the DAW was for trimming the start.

Two linked Sinfonions control more than 20 VCOs.

[s]https://soundcloud.com/zarkuun/sets/melodies[/s]

What a great sounding tune, thanks for sharing.
Supermathi
TemplarK wrote:
AWesome! What VCO/filter are you using for the arabian sounding lead that comes in around 0.50 damn epic patching!

This is a Mark Verbos Complex Oscillator with Sync+AM enabled and some Modulation in the Wavefolder - mixed with a Cwejman VCO-6 modulated pulsewave. The filter is a Cwejman MMF-6.
-S.L-
@supermathi , it would be super great to have a super video of you doing one of you super demo razz

what we hear is amazing, would be also amazing to see how you play those lead, is it by hand on a keyboard or using something else like whatever random gate generator etc...

applause
StoneAgeOfTheFuture
-S.L- wrote:
@supermathi , it would be super great to have a super video of you doing one of you super demo razz

Agreed! I would love to see a new demo video of the new Sinfonion design. We know the general usage of this module, but I read that there's been other upgrades in addition to the updated layout.

Can't wait!
ben_hex
Interested to see how this is developing and coming together. Also curious about ACL modules in general. screaming goo yo
Supermathi
Hi guys,

ACL is working hard on the finalization of the module. Meanwhile here is another teaser - a further improvisation. This time the lead voice starts with a chromatic quantization, which is reduced to an alterated scale as time goes by.

The reverb is done by a Bricasti M7 cool

[s]https://soundcloud.com/zarkuun/improvisations-5[/s]
-S.L-
Supermathi wrote:

ACL is working hard on the finalization of the module.

I like the sound of that very much MY ASS IS BLEEDING

Most anticipated module ever in my case we're not worthy
gummyboy
gummyboy wrote:
Sorry if this has been answered. I can't find it.

Can you CV control "inversion", "voicing", or "diatonic" like Harmonaig?

It looks like I can do the "diatonic" manually with the pad on ACL Sinfonion.

Big thanks!!!

Please anybody???
mdoudoroff
gummyboy wrote:
gummyboy wrote:

Big thanks!!!

Please anybody???

Sinfonion doesn’t appear to work quite the same way as Harmonaig. You can definitely specify different inversions of pretty much any chord or scale, and you can switch between them.

Here’s a link to a draft version of the manual, which is well worth studying:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/download.php?id=30097
Supermathi
gummyboy wrote:

Big thanks!!!

Hi Gummyboy,

the Sinfonion has indeed a different concept of chord structures than the Harmonaig - a much more flexible one also.

1. Chords do not need to be constructed of 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th. As a matter of fact you can use any intervals you like. Eg. 3rd, 5th, 7th and 9th (e.g. when you bass lead plays the root). Or you could play root, root, root and root - all four voices unisono - just for a dramatical musical change. These note selections can be controlled via CV either by selecting one of 16 button presets or by using the chord progression sequencer and us CVs for controlling thing. Also in a future firmware there will be a function for directly choosing an interval selection via CV. Also there is a gate input for randomly shuffling these selections.

2. There is a parameter called "Spread". Spread is the distance between the lowest and the highest played chord note - measured in semitones. When you select spread to be 2.5 octaves e.g. then your four chord notes well be evenly spread into that range. Spread can be controlled via pot and/or CV. The spread (in combination with the inversion) is much more flexible than just drop 2 or drop 3 voicings and allows tons of different chord layouts at just one turn of a button.

3. Inversion: Here you have five settings: root, 1st, 2nd or 3rd inversion or "free". The chord is always built upwards from the note that is read from the input pitch CV "Chords IN". In free inversion mode the chord will start with the lowest selected chord note that is just above the input pitch. The fixed inversions will force this to be the first, second, third or forth chord note (which might or might not be root, 3rd, 5th and 7h). So when you set inversion to "free" then you can control the actual inversion (and overall pitch) with the pitch input CV.

4. Chord quality / scale: This parameter is the centerpiece of the Sinfonion and is shared between all quantizer channels, the chords and also the arpeggiator. It can be controlled via CV in may different ways. Also it can be sequenced with the builtin sequencer - which is itself highly CVable.

I hope that helped a bit...
bkbirge
Supermathi wrote:
Also in a future firmware there will be a function for directly choosing an interval selection via CV.

I'm still pretty excited to see what this becomes. However, instead of teasing non-existent features as future firmware updates maybe spend the time needed to get them into the initial firmware that you will release. Just my two cents, I'd prefer waiting longer for a solid working bug-free piece of gear than one that comes out sooner but doesn't do everything it is supposed to.
gummyboy
Supermathi wrote:

Hi Gummyboy,

I hope that helped a bit...

It helps but I want to see it in action. When is demo available?

Thanks!!!
mdoudoroff
gummyboy wrote:
It helps but I want to see it in action. When is demo available?

Thanks!!!

The ACL version seems to be only slightly augmented from the Instruo prototype:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aML1TB9-vg
Supermathi
bkbirge wrote:
Supermathi wrote:
Also in a future firmware there will be a function for directly choosing an interval selection via CV.

I'm still pretty excited to see what this becomes. However, instead of teasing non-existent features as future firmware updates maybe spend the time needed to get them into the initial firmware that you will release. Just my two cents, I'd prefer waiting longer for a solid working bug-free piece of gear than one that comes out sooner but doesn't do everything it is supposed to.

No worries, the firmware is already finished and up and running for a couple of months without any known bugs. Just waiting for the hardware. It's just the fancy interval-via-CV-seletion feature that came into my mind a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure if it is really useful, I just wanted to mention it here in order to get some feedback.
mdoudoroff
Supermathi wrote:
No worries, the firmware is already finished and up and running for a couple of months without any known bugs. Just waiting for the hardware. It's just the fancy interval-via-CV-seletion feature that came into my mind a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure if it is really useful, I just wanted to mention it here in order to get some feedback.

I doubt you’re going to get much useful feedback until the device is in some customer hands, or at least some beta testers’ hands.

In any case, there’s more than enough already in the Sinfonion to keep me busy for a long while.
-S.L-
hey i'm up for beta testing, since i'll buy it anyway hihi
Mal uns
not sure if this is already there... but... a CV and gate looper would be great. for using lets say a keyboard to play a little intermezzo and the sinfonion loops it. marked to trigger/clock points...
mdoudoroff
Page is up and some retailers, such as Schneidersladen are already taking pre-orders.

http://audiophilecircuitsleague.com/products/sinfonion.php

https://www.schneidersladen.de/de/acl-sinfonion.html

help
bkbirge
Let the salivation begin.
-S.L-
I WILL buy this 100%, but I won't pre-order anything before we have a raw idea of release date.

And the idea of chaining them (aka buying 2) is also in mind nuts
mdoudoroff
I imagine this massive unit is at least somewhat challenging to build, particularly if any of the components are hard to source right now. I’m curious whether they were able to just use one big PCB—as on many of their products—or whether it’s more complex than that. The screen at leastmight require it’s own support.
titanlegions
I imagine Schneidersladen's estimate of 4 weeks is a little optimistic, alas.
monads
The module looks pretty awesome. But before jumping on board....I want to wait for more demos (or manual) and check what modules I can maybe consolidate? Wondering how the chord/arp sections compare against the Flame modules: Chord Machine 2 and Arp 2013.
mdoudoroff
monads wrote:
The module looks pretty awesome. But before jumping on board....I want to wait for more demos (or manual) and check what modules I can maybe consolidate? Wondering how the chord/arp sections compare against the Flame modules: Chord Machine 2 and Arp 2013.

A link to the draft manual is available above, as is a pretty compelling video demo. It would be nice to have more video demos, of course.

The Flame Arpeggiator and Chord Machines seem like nice modules, and there’s some overlap—on paper—but in practice, I suspect they’re worlds apart. Most fundamentally, the Flame modules are islands to themselves, which is de rigeur for modular, but that makes them subject to the very problem that Sinfonion solves: you will be hard pressed to coordinate them together. You actually could use the Flame Arpeggiator (or any alternative) in conjunction with Sinfonion: you’d requantize the former’s output in the latter, bypassing Sinfonion’s built-in arp.

What makes Sinfonion utterly unique is that you can have a bunch of voices all playing together in the same scale—but each working that scale in unique ways—and then have them all turn on a dime. It also appears to be quite playable, but we shall see. Obviously, Sinfonion will not make sense for everybody.

In terms of consolidation, I currently lean heavily on my Ornament & Crime for quantization; I’ll be keeping it for its many other capable functions.

My main concern is that the whole Sinfonion project will get derailed before it reaches the market.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next [all]
Page 2 of 26