MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ACL Sinfonion
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next [all]
Author ACL Sinfonion
mdoudoroff
applause

cioaudio
Another superb video
batch
Any update on when these might start shipping?
cioaudio
the stores who have ordered suggest June
Innerself2007
Probably a question more for Detroit Modular but does anyone know why its says "Out of stock" on their order page for the Sinfonion? It used to have a pre-order button.
I see I can pre-order at Perfect Circle, any other U.S. stores to pre-order?
Looking forward to this one.
monads
They probably took down the ''pre-order" after accounting for their initial batch of shipment being sold out. Perfect Circuit normally keeps pre-orders open and fills them as batches become available/order preference from line in the queue.
Innerself2007
monads wrote:
They probably took down the ''pre-order" after accounting for their initial batch of shipment being sold out. Perfect Circuit normally keeps pre-orders open and fills them as batches become available/order preference from line in the queue.

OK good to know, thanks for the info
Innerself2007
Just placed my order with Perfect Circuit!
Looking forward to this one!
obust
Hi Supermathi !

Great work on the Sinfonion. I am looking into Quad VCOs to play the chords. I saw that you recommended the Doepfer A-111-4 quad VCO.

Supermathi wrote:
Just got my A-111-4 Doepfer quad VCO. Awesome module and a perfect match for the CHORDS section of the sinfonion...

However, I have been lurking at 4ms SWN (Spherical Wavetable Navigator) and wondered if it would be a good match with the Sinfonion.
Aside from the fact that only 4 voice out of 6 would be used when paired with the Sinfonion, I think that the spherical wavetables is a great way to expand what the chords can do and is orthogonal to the Sinfonion controls. This echos @mdoudoroff previous comment:

mdoudoroff wrote:
Supermathi’s video makes me pine for a compact quad oscillator built around DCOs, with only one tuning control that sets the base frequency for all four oscillators, four 1v/o jacks, and only as many additional controls/ins/outs as really add value for the chordal context. A fully digital quad wavetable oscillator might make sense here, with an emphasis on low harmonic content waveforms? Maybe even optional sub octave added in? Perhaps some internal output rotation/mixing to make patch management more conveniently flexible?

The A-111-4 is a good value, and it has the sum outs, which is nice, but I think there’s a growing niche market for something even more focused (not just because of the Sinfonion).

Do you see any potential functional conflict between SWN and Sinfonion ?
mdoudoroff
obust wrote:
Aside from the fact that only 4 voice out of 6 would be used when paired with the Sinfonion, I think that the spherical wavetables is a great way to expand what the chords can do and is orthogonal to the Sinfonion controls.

If the SWN works for 4 voices, I don’t see why you couldn’t use all six with the Sinfonion: perhaps four with chords and the other two with the other Sinfonion channels.

obust wrote:
Do you see any potential functional conflict between SWN and Sinfonion ?

I would certainly want to verify that you can truly disable the quantizer in the SWN and operate each voice like a standalone, independent oscillator. From the documentation, it appears you can, but I’m not all that familiar with the SWN.
mdoudoroff
Some potential high density oscillator options with at least four voices.

1010music Synthbox (26hp, four full voices)

Qu-bit Chord 2 (14 hp, four independent drones in one particular operation mode)

Blue Lantern Poly Phobos (24 hp, four independent drones)

Flame 4vox (29 hp, four independent drones)

Flame VCDO-4 (prototype, 12 hp, four independent drones)

Doepfer A-111-4 (18 hp, four independent drones)

Studio Elecronics Quadnic (12 hp, four independent drones)

Synthesis Technology E370 (54 HP, four independent drones)

4ms Spherical Wavetable Navigator (26 hp, six drones mixed to one stereo output)

Supercritical Synthesizers Demon Core w/Expander (20 hp, four drones mixed to one output)
Carl Licroy
It is not a single module but as I already owned a Pitsburgh Modular SV-1, I just bought the Double Helix after buying Instruo Harmonaig. The 4 voices sounds really well together. I patch them through 4 Manhattan Analog DTM when I want to mix different waveforms.
StoneAgeOfTheFuture
obust wrote:
I am looking into Quad VCOs to play the chords.

I'm going with the Studio Electronics Quadnic

Edit: Ah - I didn't notice I was beaten to it! wink
Mike_123
Is there a way to quantize channels 1-3 all within one octave? I like the use of chord scales, which is the Sinfonion’s focus, but I also like just working with scale tones of one octave like a typical quantizer.
Der Mann mit der Maschine
Mike_123 wrote:
Is there a way to quantize channels 1-3 all within one octave? I like the use of chord scales, which is the Sinfonion’s focus, but I also like just working with scale tones of one octave like a typical quantizer.

Hi Mike, I'm not sure if I've completely understood your question. But the Sinfonion in the first place very much behaves like a typical quantizer. The main difference is that it has a more musical way of selecting allowed notes (based on logical scale steps rather then absolute note values). And of course it has tons of more flexibility.

I've worked with different quantizers before and read specs of many others (like Tiptop Quantizer, Penrose, Intellijel, etc.). The Sinfonion can easily do almost 100% of their features and much much more.

Restriction to quantizing everything into one single octave could be an interesting feature to implement. But it's nothing that I've seen in any of the "typical" quantizers so I might got your question wrong...
Mike_123
Supermathi wrote:
Mike_123 wrote:

Hi Mike, I'm not sure if I've completely understood your question. But the Sinfonion in the first place very much behaves like a typical quantizer. The main difference is that it has a more musical way of selecting allowed notes (based on logical scale steps rather then absolute note values). And of course it has tons of more flexibility.

I've worked with different quantizers before and read specs of many others (like Tiptop Quantizer, Penrose, Intellijel, etc.). The Sinfonion can easily do almost 100% of their features and much much more.

Restriction to quantizing everything into one single octave could be an interesting feature to implement. But it's nothing that I've seen in any of the "typical" quantizers so I might got your question wrong...

Ok thanks. I was able to watch another youtube video and figure it out. Just pre-ordered this beast!

Sinfonion is a very innovative and sophisticated module! Congrats.
StoneAgeOfTheFuture
Supermathi - Anymore footage of the pick and place machine working?
StoneAgeOfTheFuture wrote:

The pick and plache machine is finally up and running! ACL told me that the module will probably delivered around June or July to the retailers. Thank you all for your patience so far! we're not worthy
titanlegions
Wow that's good news, thanks for all the hard work sir applause
-S.L-
Supermathi wrote:
StoneAgeOfTheFuture wrote:

The pick and plache machine is finally up and running! ACL told me that the module will probably delivered around June or July to the retailers. Thank you all for your patience so far! we're not worthy

now we are talking w00t
... and while you are patiently waiting, here is another tune, crafted by two Sinfonions cool

[s]https://soundcloud.com/dermannmitdermaschine/melodies-3[/s]
-S.L-
amazing screaming goo yo

i'm getting two as well hihi
Jaypee
I thought my needs for sequencing CV/modulating CV would be over with the recent addition of a Cirklon, but I'm not that sure...! w00t
mdoudoroff
Jaypee wrote:
I thought my needs for sequencing CV/modulating CV would be over with the recent addition of a Cirklon, but I'm not that sure...! w00t

Yeah… the argument Sinfonion makes is that quantizing at the sequencer can be too far early in the chain. If you want to carefully program everything in your Cirklon, press play, and then just sit there and drink coffee while it runs, that’s one thing…
bkbirge
How's manufacturing coming along? This still looking good for a June release?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next [all]
Page 13 of 27