MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ACL Sinfonion
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21, 22, 23  Next [all]
Author ACL Sinfonion
cackland
-S.L- wrote:
amazing screaming goo yo

i'm getting two as well hihi


Assuming the will run independently or can they be chained?
-S.L-
they can be chained Master/Slave

But independently should work too, obviously hyper
cackland
Oh damn! With a system like yours, I can see why you need it.

What are you going to replace with 2 of these?
-S.L-
cackland wrote:
Oh damn! With a system like yours, I can see why you need it.

What are you going to replace with 2 of these?


i'm not replacing anything w00t I just add !
cackland
Even bigger case / more cases in time then wink
Milanski
mdoudoroff wrote:
Some potential high density oscillator options with at least four voices.

1010music Synthbox (26hp, four full voices)

Qu-bit Chord 2 (14 hp, four independent drones in one particular operation mode)

Blue Lantern Poly Phobos (24 hp, four independent drones)

Flame 4vox (29 hp, four independent drones)

Flame VCDO-4 (prototype, 12 hp, four independent drones)

Doepfer A-111-4 (18 hp, four independent drones)

Studio Elecronics Quadnic (12 hp, four independent drones)

Synthesis Technology E370 (54 HP, four independent drones)

4ms Spherical Wavetable Navigator (26 hp, six drones mixed to one stereo output)

Supercritical Synthesizers Demon Core w/Expander (20 hp, four drones mixed to one output)


I have 3x Doepfer A-110s, was gonna get a fourth to keep it analogue but at 32hp, that's simply dim. Just realised the 2hp VCO is an analogue Curtis voice and at 8hp for 4, it's pretty much a no-brianer...
-S.L-
good luck with the tunning with the tiny pots. I sold my Pico VCO for that reason, it's almost impossible to have precise tuning, so with four at the same time....
nano_granny
mdoudoroff wrote:
Some potential high density oscillator options with at least four voices.

1010music Synthbox (26hp, four full voices)

Qu-bit Chord 2 (14 hp, four independent drones in one particular operation mode)

Blue Lantern Poly Phobos (24 hp, four independent drones)

Flame 4vox (29 hp, four independent drones)

Flame VCDO-4 (prototype, 12 hp, four independent drones)

Doepfer A-111-4 (18 hp, four independent drones)

Studio Elecronics Quadnic (12 hp, four independent drones)

Synthesis Technology E370 (54 HP, four independent drones)

4ms Spherical Wavetable Navigator (26 hp, six drones mixed to one stereo output)

Supercritical Synthesizers Demon Core w/Expander (20 hp, four drones mixed to one output)


I'd like to hear the Sinfonion with the Synthesis Technology E370 particularly on the default bank B wavetable as I own one. Mathias, do you have an E370 you could hook up and give us a demo please.?
mdoudoroff
nano_granny wrote:


I'd like to hear the Sinfonion with the Synthesis Technology E370 particularly on the default bank B wavetable as I own one. Mathias, do you have an E370 you could hook up and give us a demo please.?


Me too. If ACL would ship me my Sinfonion, I’d be happy to make you that demo. Mr. Green
titanlegions
-S.L- wrote:
good luck with the tunning with the tiny pots. I sold my Pico VCO for that reason, it's almost impossible to have precise tuning, so with four at the same time....


They are much harder to accidentally knock out of tune though, I had to give up with quad STOs for that reason. I get more worried about the ribbon cable origami required for multiple 2hps next to each other.
StoneAgeOfTheFuture
I use the Pico VCO as my bass (I may add the Erica Double Bass, but I digress). I personally find that the Pico VCO isn't hard to tune if you're gentle and fine-tune it by lightly brushing against the knobs with the texture of your fingertip. However, if all 4 are right next to each other, it may be possible to accidentally knock one out of tune while tuning the others. But that's up to you and how you design your rack.

It may be unlikely that you'll want to separate your chord VCOs, but it could be easier to access the knobs. This is one reason why I'm using the Quadnic for chords - Same hp as 4 Pico VCOs, but bigger knobs and more waveforms and functionality.
cackland
titanlegions wrote:
-S.L- wrote:
good luck with the tunning with the tiny pots. I sold my Pico VCO for that reason, it's almost impossible to have precise tuning, so with four at the same time....


They are much harder to accidentally knock out of tune though, I had to give up with quad STOs for that reason. I get more worried about the ribbon cable origami required for multiple 2hps next to each other.


I find MN pots are not that stiff, hence why they are easy to knock / move. I prefer a more solid pot, holds its position much better.
Supermathi
nano_granny wrote:
mdoudoroff wrote:
Some potential high density oscillator options with at least four voices.

1010music Synthbox (26hp, four full voices)

Qu-bit Chord 2 (14 hp, four independent drones in one particular operation mode)

Blue Lantern Poly Phobos (24 hp, four independent drones)

Flame 4vox (29 hp, four independent drones)

Flame VCDO-4 (prototype, 12 hp, four independent drones)

Doepfer A-111-4 (18 hp, four independent drones)

Studio Elecronics Quadnic (12 hp, four independent drones)

Synthesis Technology E370 (54 HP, four independent drones)

4ms Spherical Wavetable Navigator (26 hp, six drones mixed to one stereo output)

Supercritical Synthesizers Demon Core w/Expander (20 hp, four drones mixed to one output)


I'd like to hear the Sinfonion with the Synthesis Technology E370 particularly on the default bank B wavetable as I own one. Mathias, do you have an E370 you could hook up and give us a demo please.?


Alas - I have none confused I just can repeat that I'm quite happy with my Doepfer A-111-4s. Tuning is really no issue here. There are really stable and track wonderfully precise. A good base for playing in just intonation. The controls are a bit fiddly, but there is not much to control once it's tuned anyway.

I feed the sums of triangle, square and sawtooth to a crossfader to I can morph around between these waveforms as I like.
mdoudoroff
StoneAgeOfTheFuture wrote:
This is one reason why I'm using the Quadnic for chords - Same hp as 4 Pico VCOs, but bigger knobs and more waveforms and functionality.


Not only that, one Quadnic costs less than two 2hp VCOs and costs 40% of one A-111-4. For chords, seems like it might be a no-brainer. It’s a bit of a strange module with abysmal marketing. The demo videos are poor and the documentation sketchy.

I’m also eyeing Chords 2 in its quad oscillator mode, but that costs $100 more.
nano_granny
Supermathi wrote:
nano_granny wrote:
mdoudoroff wrote:
Some potential high density oscillator options with at least four voices.

1010music Synthbox (26hp, four full voices)

Qu-bit Chord 2 (14 hp, four independent drones in one particular operation mode)

Blue Lantern Poly Phobos (24 hp, four independent drones)

Flame 4vox (29 hp, four independent drones)

Flame VCDO-4 (prototype, 12 hp, four independent drones)

Doepfer A-111-4 (18 hp, four independent drones)

Studio Elecronics Quadnic (12 hp, four independent drones)

Synthesis Technology E370 (54 HP, four independent drones)

4ms Spherical Wavetable Navigator (26 hp, six drones mixed to one stereo output)

Supercritical Synthesizers Demon Core w/Expander (20 hp, four drones mixed to one output)


I'd like to hear the Sinfonion with the Synthesis Technology E370 particularly on the default bank B wavetable as I own one. Mathias, do you have an E370 you could hook up and give us a demo please.?


Alas - I have none confused I just can repeat that I'm quite happy with my Doepfer A-111-4s. Tuning is really no issue here. There are really stable and track wonderfully precise. A good base for playing in just intonation. The controls are a bit fiddly, but there is not much to control once it's tuned anyway.

I feed the sums of triangle, square and sawtooth to a crossfader to I can morph around between these waveforms as I like.


Oh well, it's a shame I'm not within driving distance of you. I would have loved for you to put it through its paces. Thanks for the reply Mathias.
gummyboy
mdoudoroff wrote:

4ms Spherical Wavetable Navigator (26 hp, six drones mixed to one stereo output)


This is my choice!!!!!
mdoudoroff
Supermathi wrote:
In one situation I even use an external CV for changing just the root note. This is created by a Doepfer A-173-1 micro keyboard, which is directly patched into the ROOT CV jack (http://www.doepfer.de/A1731.htm).


Supermathi, are you continuing to find the A-173-1 Micro Keyboard to be useful with Sinfonion? Have you found other use cases besides changing the root? (It sure doesn’t seem like a good tool to “play” an individual quantizer, although maybe transposition and octave offsetting, somehow?)
Supermathi
mdoudoroff wrote:
Supermathi wrote:
In one situation I even use an external CV for changing just the root note. This is created by a Doepfer A-173-1 micro keyboard, which is directly patched into the ROOT CV jack (http://www.doepfer.de/A1731.htm).


Supermathi, are you continuing to find the A-173-1 Micro Keyboard to be useful with Sinfonion? Have you found other use cases besides changing the root? (It sure doesn’t seem like a good tool to “play” an individual quantizer, although maybe transposition and octave offsetting, somehow?)


Hi,

I'm still heavily using the Micro Keyboard for changing the root note. I'm just thinking about trying out to changing the degree with it. Besides the two modes "Chords" and "Chords 2" the Sinfonion has modes like "Minor" that behave a bit different. For example in C minor if you select the second degree then the root note of the scale changes to D. If i would rearrange the scale in those modes in a way that an external CV for the degree would match the root note of the according scales then you could use the micro keyboard for changing the root note in a diatonic way.

Example: Select mode "C major". If you select D as root you would get "C dorian" instead of D major. The 5 non-scale notes would get some sensible substitutes. C# in C major could give you C#lydian or C#alt, for example. This would just be a minor tweak to these "diatonic" modes that would not harm much.

Summarized: with the micro keyboard you could then improvise diatonic chord changes very easily. Even a second micro keyboard could be handy smile
chaosick
mdoudoroff wrote:
StoneAgeOfTheFuture wrote:
This is one reason why I'm using the Quadnic for chords - Same hp as 4 Pico VCOs, but bigger knobs and more waveforms and functionality.


Not only that, one Quadnic costs less than two 2hp VCOs and costs 40% of one A-111-4. For chords, seems like it might be a no-brainer. It’s a bit of a strange module with abysmal marketing. The demo videos are poor and the documentation sketchy.

I’m also eyeing Chords 2 in its quad oscillator mode, but that costs $100 more.


Studio Electronics seems to have given up on eurorack all together. They seem content to do equally bizarrely-marketed things like re-releasing slightly modified updates of the Se-1x and boomstars at 1.5X-2x the used prices. Disappointing.
cioaudio
musicstore have delayed my delivery from June until July
danhill
cioaudio wrote:
musicstore have delayed my delivery from June until July


I ordered from Music Store, scheduled for July 13th cry . I am excited to play with the wonderful Sinfonion, it will replace my pressure points very frustrating

Modular Dan'Hill
-S.L-
at the same time nobody ever gave exact release date so don't be surprised.

if you look at Mathias videos from Superbooth, he's mentionning a potential release around july/august.
Supermathi
-S.L- wrote:
at the same time nobody ever gave exact release date so don't be surprised.

if you look at Mathias videos from Superbooth, he's mentionning a potential release around july/august.


Scientists recently have discovered that right in Berlin there is a vertex of deformation in the time space continuum. This means that for example a time span of 1 month could be stretched into 2 months or even more as you get nearer to the center of that nonlinearity... help
cioaudio
Supermathi wrote:
-S.L- wrote:
at the same time nobody ever gave exact release date so don't be surprised.

if you look at Mathias videos from Superbooth, he's mentionning a potential release around july/august.


Scientists recently have discovered that right in Berlin there is a vertex of deformation in the time space continuum. This means that for example a time span of 1 month could be stretched into 2 months or even more as you get nearer to the center of that nonlinearity... help


love If those scientists could use that extra time to update the power consumption on modulargrid it would be much appreciated
-S.L-
Supermathi wrote:
-S.L- wrote:
at the same time nobody ever gave exact release date so don't be surprised.

if you look at Mathias videos from Superbooth, he's mentionning a potential release around july/august.


Scientists recently have discovered that right in Berlin there is a vertex of deformation in the time space continuum. This means that for example a time span of 1 month could be stretched into 2 months or even more as you get nearer to the center of that nonlinearity... help


ok see you in October Sinfonion MY ASS IS BLEEDING
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21, 22, 23  Next [all]
Page 14 of 23
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group