MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ACL Sinfonion
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19, 20, 21  Next [all]
Author ACL Sinfonion
Groove_Addict
Supermathi wrote:
nano_granny wrote:
mdoudoroff wrote:
Some potential high density oscillator options with at least four voices.

1010music Synthbox (26hp, four full voices)

Qu-bit Chord 2 (14 hp, four independent drones in one particular operation mode)

Blue Lantern Poly Phobos (24 hp, four independent drones)

Flame 4vox (29 hp, four independent drones)

Flame VCDO-4 (prototype, 12 hp, four independent drones)

Doepfer A-111-4 (18 hp, four independent drones)

Studio Elecronics Quadnic (12 hp, four independent drones)

Synthesis Technology E370 (54 HP, four independent drones)

4ms Spherical Wavetable Navigator (26 hp, six drones mixed to one stereo output)

Supercritical Synthesizers Demon Core w/Expander (20 hp, four drones mixed to one output)

I'd like to hear the Sinfonion with the Synthesis Technology E370 particularly on the default bank B wavetable as I own one. Mathias, do you have an E370 you could hook up and give us a demo please.?

Alas - I have none confused I just can repeat that I'm quite happy with my Doepfer A-111-4s. Tuning is really no issue here. There are really stable and track wonderfully precise. A good base for playing in just intonation. The controls are a bit fiddly, but there is not much to control once it's tuned anyway.

I feed the sums of triangle, square and sawtooth to a crossfader to I can morph around between these waveforms as I like.

I’m wondering what do you use to crossfade and what filters goes great with it ?
f33d
how does the sinfonion interpret negative voltage at the "quantization-inputs". I am thinking about a CV-mixer pre Sinfonion Quantization Inputs & if it should be able to invert, but if all relevant octaves are in the positive range I would only need attenuating mixers (not attenuverting).
I found in the manual that most CV-ins can deal with -10/+10 & that in the first example one could put a LFO into the quantization-inputs, but what sense does it make of, say -9V in terms of octave.
I probably missed it in the manual.
Thanks!
(btw already pre-ordered also) cool
Supermathi
f33d wrote:
how does the sinfonion interpret negative voltage at the "quantization-inputs". I am thinking about a CV-mixer pre Sinfonion Quantization Inputs & if it should be able to invert, but if all relevant octaves are in the positive range I would only need attenuating mixers (not attenuverting).
I found in the manual that most CV-ins can deal with -10/+10 & that in the first example one could put a LFO into the quantization-inputs, but what sense does it make of, say -9V in terms of octave.
I probably missed it in the manual.
Thanks!
(btw already pre-ordered also) cool

Negative CVs are handled as they should, I guess. If you send -2V for example then the output roughly will also be -2V -- which is of course very low for a normal VCO.

What you would do in such a case is using the octave switch for transposing up a few octaves and of course the builting per-channel attenuator that can be set to the fixed ratios of 1:1 (normal), 1:2, 1:3 and 1:5. The last setting basically means 5V per octave. So sending in an LFO that swings between -5V and +5V will result in a range of two octaves (from -1V to +1V). Switch up the octave by one or two and you are in very musical range.
monads
-S.L- wrote:
Supermathi wrote:
-S.L- wrote:
at the same time nobody ever gave exact release date so don't be surprised.

if you look at Mathias videos from Superbooth, he's mentionning a potential release around july/august.

Scientists recently have discovered that right in Berlin there is a vertex of deformation in the time space continuum. This means that for example a time span of 1 month could be stretched into 2 months or even more as you get nearer to the center of that nonlinearity... help

ok see you in October Sinfonion MY ASS IS BLEEDING

You're probably correct regarding Dead Banana
Supermathi
Hey guys,

for a change here is some good news: The first Sinfonion of the series production has been built - right in Berlin on ACL's brand new pick & place machine and reflow oven:

Music by Stefan Lewin from ACL. Please enjoy...
mdoudoroff
Hurray!

How many minutes per unit on the machine?
batch
Woohoo! Can’t wait!
Milanski
It's been a long and painful wait but seeing this video has got me all excited!!
nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! Rockin' Banana!
monads
That's a pretty sweet video!!! Thanks Mathias!
SOPiiAC
If I preorder late in the game, should I expect to get one in the first batch? Thx
Supermathi
SOPiiAC wrote:
If I preorder late in the game, should I expect to get one in the first batch? Thx

Hi,

the first batch will be 200. My last information was that retails already have preordered way beyond 100....
StoneAgeOfTheFuture
Supermathi
Thanks for the update on Instagram. Super exciting! thumbs up
nano_granny
StoneAgeOfTheFuture wrote:
Supermathi

I don't do Facebook, what's the update please?
mdoudoroff
nano_granny wrote:
Supermathi

nano_granny
mdoudoroff wrote:
nano_granny wrote:
Supermathi

Much appreciated Martin, I fell out of love at first after the design change from Instruo to ACL, fickle I know, but time healed and just waiting for them to arrive in the UK.

Mathias, I'd also like to buy one of the Instruo prototypes if one was available? woah
Mr. Roboto
I‘m soo excited!

I already ordered and also payed (yes. I know: stupid me) a few weeks ago.
Don‘t have a problem with that as these guys are super-serious and super-reliable (had some support contact with them).

These guys are great and I‘m eagerly awaiting my first/batch Sinfonion Module.
f33d
I am getting ready for the Sinfonion. w00t
My plan is to play sampled, acoustic instruments with the Assimil8or and Sinfonion. I am wondering about the note of the sampled instrument, so that it fits the Sinfonion. Should I put a simple C3 or C4-sample into the sampler and that's it? Or I am missing something?
nanners
qual
f33d wrote:
I am getting ready for the Sinfonion. w00t
My plan is to play sampled, acoustic instruments with the Assimil8or and Sinfonion. I am wondering about the note of the sampled instrument, so that it fits the Sinfonion. Should I put a simple C3 or C4-sample into the sampler and that's it? Or I am missing something?
nanners

Based on 5.4 Tuning Mode section of the manual it looks like 0V from the output internally maps to C2, so loading in samples tuned to C should be fine for relative pitches and go for C2 if you want a match in absolute pitch.
f33d
thanks qual! thumbs up yeah, I saw it also in the manual but was not sure, thought of it kind of low, but there is probably a reason why C2.
"absolute" means that it would match all the visual representation, e.g. what octave etc?
qual
f33d wrote:
thanks qual! thumbs up yeah, I saw it also in the manual but was not sure, thought of it kind of low, but there is probably a reason why C2.
"absolute" means that it would match all the visual representation, e.g. what octave etc?

Yeah I mean matching octave. So if you put in a sample of a sine wave at 65.406 hz (C2) then play it with the Sinfonion output that corresponds to C2 it will output 0 volts and thus still be C2. If you loaded a sample of a sine wave at 261.626 hz (C4) then when the Sinfonion thinks it it outputting C2 (0 volts) your sample would still be playing at C4.

This is not necessarily a good or bad thing either way.

The manual also mentions:
In favour of the best possible accuracy the output range is limited to the musically
interesting range of -2 V to +8 V (10 octaves). We found this asymmetry to be most useful.

Perhaps some VCOs deal better with positive voltages rather than negative, or it may just be the inherent factors in the DAC and opamp part choice works best in this range.
Supermathi
qual wrote:

The manual also mentions:
In favour of the best possible accuracy the output range is limited to the musically
interesting range of -2 V to +8 V (10 octaves). We found this asymmetry to be most useful.

Perhaps some VCOs deal better with positive voltages rather than negative, or it may just be the inherent factors in the DAC and opamp part choice works best in this range.

Hi, It's really just because of musical reasons. Most oscillators are already very low at 0V. Feeding them -10V would make them 1024 times slower - which would be totally useless. For that and other reasons also sequencers tend to output just positive values. So most modules that accept V/Oct really expect rather positve values. We just added -2V to have some negative head room.

The DAC itself could be scaled from -10 to +10 without problems. But limitting it to -2 to +8 doubles the precision! And precision is always something you should go for wink
monads
It's got to be getting close to release soon now hyper
denoise
I'm currently beta testing the Sinfonion and I just uploaded a video to my channel:

I'm enyoing the Sinfonion a lot, and I'm planing to upload more videos soon!
mdoudoroff
Love it, denoise!!! applause
SOPiiAC
I just pre-ordered mine through DM and they said it was going to be shipping at the end of the month! It's peanut butter jelly time!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19, 20, 21  Next [all]
Page 15 of 21