MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ACL Sinfonion
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22, 23, 24  Next [all]
Author ACL Sinfonion
titanlegions
Supermathi wrote:

If I have a voice with three VCOs then I usually just tune one of the with the tuner in order to get a correct absolute pitch. The other two I tune by ear by simply turning "fine tune" until all beating has gone (or that much beating/detune that you like for reasons of making the sound fatter)

Yeah that's what I do as well, and repeat across all the voices.

Supermathi, do you have any tips or tricks with the Sinfonions for oscillators that are used in drones or kick drums etc, things that it would be nice to keep in pitch with everything else but you don't want to change melodically?

I was wondering about something like being able to set a constant output voltage that is stored per preset or something like that. I originally thought about using the chord root but I think it would be too variable.
Supermathi
-S.L- wrote:
I tune everything by ear perfectly, but i use a FREE app called Pano Tuner to at least have a C on the first VCO. All the rest is by ear or, you could use indeed the TUNE option from the Sinfonion !

In my opinion the main advantage of having a tuning module in Eurorack (like that from L-1) is that your are able to tune (or check your tuning) live without anyone hearing that.
Supermathi
titanlegions wrote:
Supermathi wrote:

If I have a voice with three VCOs then I usually just tune one of the with the tuner in order to get a correct absolute pitch. The other two I tune by ear by simply turning "fine tune" until all beating has gone (or that much beating/detune that you like for reasons of making the sound fatter)

Supermathi, do you have any tips or tricks with the Sinfonions for oscillators that are used in drones or kick drums etc, things that it would be nice to keep in pitch with everything else but you don't want to change melodically?

I was wondering about something like being able to set a constant output voltage that is stored per preset or something like that. I originally thought about using the chord root but I think it would be too variable.

Hm. You could allow all 12 semitones in that channel. And have a constant input voltage that matches your required output pitch. Then you get at least a quantisation to the semitone.

This can be extended by not plugging in any pitch input (which give 0V) and assign "Ch _ Pre Trans" to one of the knobs. So with that knob you can statically pitch around the voice in semitones.
titanlegions
Supermathi wrote:
titanlegions wrote:
Supermathi wrote:

Hm. You could allow all 12 semitones in that channel. And have a constant input voltage that matches your required output pitch. Then you get at least a quantisation to the semitone.

This can be extended by not plugging in any pitch input (which give 0V) and assign "Ch _ Pre Trans" to one of the knobs. So with that knob you can statically pitch around the voice in semitones.

Good suggestions, thank you. Will have to see if I can spare the channel... I guess I could always add some more cases at the top and a third Sinfonion wink
Mr. Roboto
To be honest, this thread seems to become mor and more a thread for Sf Betatesters. As long as nobody else got his device I would like all you Betausers to only communicate internaly. What‘s the point of letting us, all the loyal customer, know about all tiny issues you detected?

Will drop ACL a note about this thread...
titanlegions
I have beta tested for the Sinfonion in the past but have not discussed that here at all and not would I. Now I have received the Sinfonions I preordered normally from Schneidersladen, as I’m sure other customers have and will very soon.
Keltie
Mr. Roboto wrote:
To be honest, this thread seems to become mor and more a thread for Sf Betatesters. As long as nobody else got his device I would like all you Betausers to only communicate internaly. What‘s the point of letting us, all the loyal customer, know about all tiny issues you detected?

Except that there’s a bunch of users, myself included, who are not beta testers, have our units and are discussing our first impressions, and having a direct conversation with the designer about it, too. No doubt in future this will be the thread where people share tips, queries, discussion going forward about potential FW developments etc etc.

I’m sorry you don’t have yours yet, no doubt it will be along soon, and I understand your sense of frustration, but at this point, this is an entirely straightforward product / module thread, just like all the others. If you think your retailer hasn’t dealt fairly with your pre-order, that’s a matter between you and them.

What do you thinks gonna happen? ACL will petition the mods here to delete because you don’t have your module yet?

Good luck with that.
BlackDoors
Also not a beta tester, I’m just a customer.

All I did was preorder from a retailer and receive a module. I hope everyone else’s preorders are fulfilled soon!
-S.L-
Mr. Roboto wrote:

I feel your frustration. But I personally have shared my personnal impressions and suggestions directly to Supermathi via email rather than here as I didn't see the point (back then) to talk about stuff that nobody would have understand unless you have the unit in your hands.

Just like mentioned above, this is the topic about the Sinfonion, that you or some haven't got yours yet isn't our fault. We are not going to wait that every single customers have their unit to start talking about it hyper
jdee
I’m not a beta tester either seriously, i just don't get it

Bought both Sinfs from my local modular store here in the UK.
Mr. Roboto
Ah, O.K., from a previous comment I got the impression that nobody got their device yet, sorry.

I apologize for my maybe a little bit too harsh comment. And yes, I‘m a little bit frustrated. Didn‘t want to upset anybody. cool

So, to all „real“ customers/users please have fun and share your experience with your new beauty with all of us. applause
Yaitw
I would like to share my frustration with all you people who have gotten their Sinfonion and have not posted a video of some melodic goodness yet evil
There's only so many times I could watch denoises great patch Dead Banana
Keltie
Never mind
-S.L-
Mr. Roboto wrote:
Ah, O.K., from a previous comment I got the impression that nobody got their device yet, sorry.

I apologize for my maybe a little bit too harsh comment. And yes, I‘m a little bit frustrated. Didn‘t want to upset anybody. cool

So, to all „real“ customers/users please have fun and share your experience with your new beauty with all of us. applause

I gotmy sinfonion 2 or 3 weeks before official release, but I PAID for it too, no discount, I'm also a real customer !

I'm getting another one soon (if they ever got stock) hihi
aze_007
I have also ordered and received mine. Do I now have to post something? hihi
jdee
Yaitw wrote:
I would like to share my frustration with all you people who have gotten their Sinfonion and have not posted a video of some melodic goodness yet evil

I'm sharing my initial experiments on my instagram: jonpauldavies

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0wST4PhbwS/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B08tZIchmab/

Nothing to impressive yet....Just finding my way around.
cackland
jdee wrote:
Yaitw wrote:

Nice system you have there. smile
batch
Word on the street (i.e., Dan at Detroit Modular) is that they will be arriving in the U.S. on Tuesday and shipping out to people with preorders same day. Would guess Perfect Circuit will be getting theirs around the same time.

Given this am hoping to have one by this time next week. Can’t wait!!!
matttech
jdee wrote:
Yaitw wrote:

Nice demos!! thumbs up
Yaitw
Yeah man!.
That house patch rules SlayerBadger!
Mr. Roboto
aze_007 wrote:

For sure! Mr. Green
goiks
can anyone tell me how deep the module is? i couldn't find it in modular grid, the acl website, or the manual.

edit: found it at retailer websites, 25mm.
monads
aze_007 wrote:

I should've ordered from Germany or the UK d'oh!
Hoping USA sellers receive their stock soon.
tokidoki
Received last week. Great module. Just one question concerning the Autogates. You have the assign out 1 for channel one and the assign out 2 for channel 2. What do we do for channel 3 ? Could we imagine to add this function for Gates 1 or 2 ? Or another solution ?
Buyakasoundman
According to PC, their order came in on Friday and is being sent out this week. It’s not their full order and probably only enough for the early (January) preorder makers. I’m hopeful ACL will be on point meeting supply after the initial deluge of orders has been met.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22, 23, 24  Next [all]
Page 19 of 24