MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ACL Sinfonion
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next [all]
Author ACL Sinfonion
mdoudoroff
Buyakasoundman wrote:
According to PC, their order came in on Friday and is being sent out this week. It’s not their full order and probably only enough for the early (January) preorder makers. I’m hopeful ACL will be on point meeting supply after the initial deluge of orders has been met.

Thank you for checking! Very exciting! hyper
mrerdat
Just got a shipping email from PC. Super stoked! Gonna calibrate my analog oscs' cv tracking in the meantime...
StoneAgeOfTheFuture
Can confirm I received an email from Perfect Circuit stating that mine is being shipped out with 'Priority Mail', which is apparently 1-3 days. Once received, I'll post pics and video asap. Sooooo excited! applause SlayerBadger! twisted
Thank you, Mathias and ACL!
mdoudoroff
For the record, I got my shipping email, too!

It’s been a long wait since October 2017.
monads
Yeah mine is on the way as well from PC. Should arrive today since I'm local w00t
STD
Pre-ordered in March with PC, still no word...
jdee
Starting to get the hang of it.

cioaudio
jdee wrote:

I'm beginning to sense why mine hasn't arrived yet, and why my ep420 case took so long to arrive wink

But seriiously, if many folk have bought 2, that first 90 won't go very far. Here's hoping ACL have another batch on the go.
Keltie
cioaudio wrote:
jdee wrote:

I'm beginning to sense why mine hasn't arrived yet, and why my ep420 case took so long to arrive wink

But seriiously, if many folk have bought 2, that first 90 won't go very far. Here's hoping ACL have another batch on the go.

My understanding is that the first run is planned at 200.

I guess ACL wanted the first few dozen out of the door ASAP. No doubt the others will be along soon

Hang in there!
StoneAgeOfTheFuture
How many of you guys and gals have between 8-16 voices? Just wondering out of curiosity if those who ordered 2 Sinfonions require 2 at this time, or are just planning to expand.
cioaudio
StoneAgeOfTheFuture wrote:
How many of you guys and gals have between 8-16 voices? Just wondering out of curiosity if those who ordered 2 Sinfonions require 2 at this time, or are just planning to expand.

Good question. I considered carefully and decided I'd be hard pressed to use all the channels of one Sinfonion even though I have a Supercritical Synthesizers Demon Core Oscillator with expander (16 voice) and can control several hardware MIDI synths using expert sleepers ES-6/7 with silentway CV to MIDI (8 voices). So I may have the voices but not the musical need. I may be wrong but I certainly couldn't justify two initially.

And I'm almost glad mine hasn't arrived yet because I'm so busy with other projects I've only managed to power the rack up for about 30 minutes in the last 2 months. Hopefully I can clear many of those projects in the next couple of weeks because if the Sinfonion arrives they may not get done until next year.
-S.L-
w00t >>> Some Techno Jazz

Fairly quick patch, just using the 4 voices from Mutable Instruments EDGES because why not? (bass, lead, arp and one extra slower note pattern) + 4 different simple waveforms using the Assimil8or as VCO for the chords section.

So 8 voices on this one. Manually changing modes and transposition using Pressure Points which leads to chord progressions.
Using Matthias trick for the lead with the Ribbon Controller, didn't patch my clock divider here to have more rhythm variationnon the lead, was lazy hihi

Kick / Hats samples from Assimila8or.

Random sequences using one Doepfer sequencer for the bass and one Qu Bit Octone for the layer notes.

Arp is internal of Sinfonion. Enveloppes triggered by Numeric Repetitor because it's the most funky gate and pattern generator out there.

There are millions of thing I didn't do on this video such as changing melody on the fly with the buttons for example, octave switches etc... only what you can do in one minute demo meh
mdoudoroff
StoneAgeOfTheFuture wrote:

When I got my WMD Performance Mixer, I thought I’d never use all the channels. Ho ho ho. I now have the expander, too, and still use all the channels.

I’ve got up to around twelve voices, more or less, but I only ordered one Sinfonion, partly due to cost and size. I figure if I need a second Sinfonion, later, there’s probably a way to get one. Regardless, I can certainly see the convenience of having more quantizer channels lying about, ready to go.

-S.L- wrote:
w00t >>> Some Techno Jazz

Fun!
monads
Have plenty of voices but only ordered 1 as well. Besides the cost/extra required hp figured I'd grow into the module and decide later if need another.
denoise
Hi,

I just uploaded a new video with the Sinfonion. It's amazing how quick ideas turn into life with it.

mdoudoroff
Superb, denoise! Thanks for sharing! applause

I’m particularly happy to see this one because it’s recognizably close to what I have in mind for my Sinfonion once it arrives.
tokidoki
The Sinfonion is such a pleasure to play with.
I wanted to share my first improvisations but Soundcloud refused my inscription so I tried Bandcamp and it was OK.
I don't know if Bandcamp is accepted on the forum. I'm not fluent in english but the Muffwiggler FAQs seems silent concerning Bandcamp.
I posted two of these improvisations and it's possible to hear them without paying. They are there only for the pleasure, I'm new with the Sinfonion, with Bandcamp and with the publication of my music.
So please, just take this as the pleasure to share.
These next weeks I'll try to jump in Youtube and post music and images.
For today that's all I can do.

https://bizingue.bandcamp.com/track/glasgow-412

https://bizingue.bandcamp.com/track/glasgow-418

Thank you for all the people who developed this module since 2017.
They give us electrical magic for our musical dreams.
denoise
tokidoki wrote:
The Sinfonion is such a pleasure to play with.
I wanted to share my first improvisations but Soundcloud refused my inscription so I tried Bandcamp and it was OK.
I don't know if Bandcamp is accepted on the forum. I'm not fluent in english but the Muffwiggler FAQs seems silent concerning Bandcamp.
I posted two of these improvisations and it's possible to hear them without paying. They are there only for the pleasure, I'm new with the Sinfonion, with Bandcamp and with the publication of my music.
So please, just take this as the pleasure to share.
These next weeks I'll try to jump in Youtube and post music and images.
For today that's all I can do.

https://bizingue.bandcamp.com/track/glasgow-412

https://bizingue.bandcamp.com/track/glasgow-418

Thank you for all the people who developed this module since 2017.
They give us electrical magic for our musical dreams.

hey tokidoki. thanks for sharing! it sounds great.
Can you please share a little more about your setup? how did you connected the Sinfonion to MIDI ?

thanks
NotHerbert
Pre-ordered from DM in late June, and got a shipping notice today, so there's still hope for late pre-orders.
denoise
I did actually get an ADDAC 222 for using VSTs with the Sinfonion but sadly I had to send it back for repair because I received a faulty unit.

-S.L-
Quick recording of a live jam. Friend of mine challenged me using Mutable Instruments Edges, which has a very specific retro game style sounds.

Drums Assimil8or triggered by Doepfer Trigger Sequencer and Four Bricks Rook.

batch
Got my shipping notice from Detroit Modular.
tokidoki
denoise wrote:
I did actually get an ADDAC 222 for using VSTs with the Sinfonion but sadly I had to send it back for repair because I received a faulty unit.

You asked about my MIDI link. Same as yours. I like this 222 very much, lots of great features, but we have already sent this module back in June for calibration and now it's again out of control. It works without prediction. A moment OK, then stops. Restarts but you don't know when and how long. I hope ADDAC will find how to fix this. They are great for service and this 222 is so unique in the Eurorack family.
Qmod
[s]http://bit.ly/301DV8d[/s]

on the 7th day he rested (after finally figuring out how to embed soundcloud)
Mr. Roboto
Just checked the Musicstore website and saw that they‘ve postponed the delivery date by another few weeks for the third time now. very frustrating
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next [all]
Page 20 of 24