MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Minipops 120 volume issue
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Author Minipops 120 volume issue
Reese P. Dubin
Just did the Unipulse mod on a MP120
Super easy and straightforward

The Minipops is functioning perfectly. Strong punchy sounds.
The drum voices when triggered via MIDI are very quiet. approx 50% volume compared to internal patterns.
Have tried every combination of values in the configuration program, the minipops 120 configuration file on the site is not recognized and only appears as text. I used the parameters in the text in the configurator, low volume at every setting.
Now the odd thing to me is, that if I play a preset pattern then also trigger via MIDI, the MIDI sounds are full volume consistent with the internally triggered notes. Stop the internal sequencer and the MIDI triggered sounds drop back down 50% volume.

Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks, very interested in this developing for the 808.
Reese P. Dubin
OK I just self discovered a "FIX" for this that I didnt see mentioned anywhere.
You have to have a 'blank pattern' playing to achieve full volume
Defeat the selectors so no pattern is active, press start and there you go.

If there is some way around this I would love to hear it.

Awesome thing this unipulse.
tubbutec
Hi,

yes it is very common with these drum machines. When stopped, they enable some kind of 'mute' circuit. So when triggering them via uniPulse, they need to be started, but no pattern selected.
This is so common we forgot to mention it in the manual for the mp120, will add it
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Page 1 of 1