MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Maker, first module - quark = the ultimate tok!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author New Maker, first module - quark = the ultimate tok!
jahreed
new maker with a cool and extremely flexible product:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/other-unknown-end-times-quark

it's a super rimshot/woodblok/plik-plok/tik-tok

End Times Modular:
QUARK

jam packed with function including external signal option through it's gain and filter stages smile

http://endtimesmodular.com/
tenembre
"End Times"?

I wouldn't want to be associated with right-wing christianity by having a module with that name on it in my rack.
jahreed
tell it to the band - the rapture!
evs
Haha, in german „Quark“ is a special sort of fresh cheese...
hawkfuzz
tenembre wrote:
"End Times"?

I wouldn't want to be associated with right-wing christianity by having a module with that name on it in my rack.

That's not exclusive to "right wing christians".

Module sounds really cool. Easy and diverse.
TemplarK
jahreed wrote:
tell it to the band - the rapture!

awesome band btw
cptnal
Limited edition of 50? End Times? Perhaps they expect to sell out before the end of days, so no need to manufacture any more. (hides)
Zymos
hawkfuzz wrote:
tenembre wrote:
"End Times"?

Seriously, there's nothing inherently Christian about the concept, much less "right wing".
Looks like a cool module!
Jumbuktu
May I be permitted a little grumble about many new modules on Modulargrid? Like many, this one seems to ignore the field for manufacturer/designer, so it just appears as 'other/unknown' - but the designer name is in the module name! Makes it impossible to find all the modules by a particular manufacturer/designer.

Does look like an interesting module though!
Misk
I love those clicks and pops!
electricfence
I got to try one of these in person a few weeks ago, and, along with the clicks and pops, you can also make a pretty nice kick with it.

I don't tend to go in for stand-alone drum modules, but I wound up buying one because when you feed it an audio-rate trigger, you get some great distortion, and if you also feed another audio signal into the audio input, you get some really fun results. So I'm using it more as a "character" module that can also be used for rhythm-related duties, and I love it.

It's pretty versatile for the size and price, and I could really see having a pair of these in a rack (if not for the impending doom of humankind, obviously).
Zymos
There's only 50, and you want to hog 2 of them?!?!

Not cool man, not cool at all. I'm going to think twice about sharing my end of the world Funyums with you.
End Times
Thanks for checking out the Quark! Glad you dig it. Let me know if you have any questions. Also, modulargrid provides a drop down of manufacturers with instructions to choose “other/unknown” if the manufacturer is not listed. Dont know yet how to get added to the list. But this is our first module. If you are looking for other modules we make, there are none yet.

Cheers
MARK27
If you named this after Quark the bartender, I will buy it on that basis alone.

Alien
tenembre
Zymos wrote:
hawkfuzz wrote:
tenembre wrote:
"End Times"?

Seriously, there's nothing inherently Christian about the concept, much less "right wing".
Looks like a cool module!

2nd Google hit for "End Times" is the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. Items 4, 5, 6, 8 and 11 are also links to Christian eschatology. As for right-wing, well, which American political party do you think the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association supports? Hint - his daughter thinks 9/11 was God's punishment for secularism.

But sure, it could be a reference to general eschatology, if the larger context is ignored. I don't care to live in ignorance, myself.
Zymos
Then maybe Wikipedia can help with your education, instead of basing your "knowledge" on the frequency of searched phrases....

PS, you might want to give the "no politics" rule some consideration.
nolongerhuman
Zymos wrote:

PS, you might want to give the "no politics" rule some consideration.

This.

It seems like some people (especially newer members) are reaching for literally anything to drag posts into random, pointless, political black holes.

The module seems pretty cool actually. One small thing I noticed, how thick is the front panel? It looks crazy thick in the demo video.
End Times
nolongerhuman Front panel is 3mm thick. Glad you think the module is cool!

Cheers
MARK27
tenembre, I'm actually right there with you on the anti-xian and/or anti-religion reflex, but you should know that the "no politics" rule is very strict here on MuffWiggler for sincere, pragmatic reasons that have been proven valid, time and time again.

I see that you are relatively new to the forum, so I'll just have to ask you to please believe me; if political discourse was permitted in MW in any substantive way, half of this forum would stop talking to the other half, or more likely, would only do so in a manner so adversarial and venomous that the unique knowledge possessed by these same members could not be exchanged, disseminated and archived as comprehensively as it has been for the past decade.

When I first joined, I honestly thought the "no politics" rule was misguided, ignorant and ultimately impossible to maintain. In fact, I maintain that my initial criticisms of the "no politics" rule are absolutely valid in regard to improving our little corners of the global socio-political system, as well as the greater evolution towards a more just human society. The only difference is that as one develops a deeper understanding of the unique social mechanisms that have evolved here on MW, new, unconsidered factors quickly become part of this "larger context" equation.

I have watched so many potentially valuable MW threads disintegrate into pointless bickering and name-calling. It frequently gets ugly enough that the admins are required to lock the threads under the "no politics" mandate, precluding the inclusion of any subsequent useful information. I have watched exchanges of seriously esoteric knowledge LOST due to some obtuse, but provocative comment that triggers an absolutely predictable spiral of increasingly obnoxious attacks and accusations between three or four established ideological camps. Anyone who has been here any length of time has witnessed this.

So it is no surprise that the vast majority of the primary stake holders, financial supporters, as well as founding and active members came to the same unavoidable conclusion:
For MuffWiggler to continue to be the largest, most extensive repository of esoteric information about modular synthesis on the internet, we must avoid all political commentary and innuendo.

We must to save our snarky political wit for other places on the internet. We have to bury part of our ego and not express ourselves, even when (especially when), some provocateur manages to sneak in some socio-political douchebaggery to an otherwise useful, informative thread.

One of the hard truths around here is that in order to cultivate an effective exchange of modular synth expertise, we will be invariably, occasionally interact with those on the opposite end of the socio-political spectrum. In fact, we all know that in real life, many of us would fucking hate each other.

As such, those of us who have remained active on MuffWiggler for any length of time have all decided, directly or indirectly, that this library of modular synth knowledge and expertise is valuable enough to merit momentarily withholding the suppression of our personal convictions and socio-political identities as we each add our own minuscule contributions to its collective authorship.

Fine print: I have tried to make as few generalizations about my fellow Wigglers as possible. I have tried to describe some particular social dynamics on this forum as neutral and diplomatically as possible. If any of you feel that I have grossly misrepresented you or your viewpoints, or are offended byI sincerely and humbly apologize.
Multi Grooves
Wait... So I'm confused; does Billy Graham use clouds or not?
Multi Grooves
Double post
Multi Grooves
Module looks fun. Love the size. Anything been shipped to any UK/EU dealers?
End Times
Multi Grooves We are currently only selling direct through Reverb.
snadge
tenembre wrote:
"End Times"?

Calm Down!

Module looks interesting, is the reason for the limited run to try and scope interest?

If so good plan, best of luck @End Times. Guinness ftw!
Multi Grooves
Thanks and good luck with the project.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3