MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

affinities
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author affinities
odditymedium
q. if i like ciat-lonbarde, what else will i like?

a.
lorre-mill
buchla
benjolin
blippoo
... anything else? fishin around for others
PLNB
Bugbrand
Bastl (standalone stuff with Pete from Casper electronics)
MengQi
Mrozonium Grackler (might be no longer in production).
Verbos electronics
Summa
folktek
ClausF
PLNB wrote:

Never heard of that, is there a link?
Thanks!
PLNB
ClausF wrote:
PLNB wrote:

Never heard of that, is there a link?
Thanks!

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=186920&highlight=
chrisdermo
There's the mroztronium Trzypsy now too!

Electro-lobotomy does some great boxes I'm sure he'd probably do with bananas if you asked.
cebec
Serge
odditymedium
can anyone do a tldr of serge for me please

why is it special, how is it like c-l
The Grump
cebec wrote:
Serge

I'd like to know more about this too, please.

Folktek seems like it should play with CL stuff well, particularly the CQ when using fingers to bridge stuff, but I've yet to confirm this.
merlatte
I don't have any Serge stuff myself (a bit too rich for my blood and I have zero DIY skills), but it is a fairly important part of electronic instrument history that's worth looking into at least a little- Peter B even gives Serge a shout-out, alongside ARP and Buchla, early on in the Plumbutter manual. The following quick paragraph from serge-fans.com seems like a decent summary, but I'd also include that Serge billed/bills itself as "Synthesizers for the People" and offered DIY kits to make electronic instruments more affordable compared to Buchla, Moog, etc in the 70's. Anyways, that paragraph:

"As Moog was a powerful East Coast influence that inspired ARP and Polyfusion, Buchla was the West Coast influence on Serge. Several Buchla designs, including the use of touch sensitive nontraditional keyboards, sequencers, random voltage generators, function generators, and matrix mixers found their way into Serge's repertoire. But that's not to say that Serge is merely a Buchla clone. Serge made many unique contributions, including the wave multiplier module, and some ideas were taken to new heights. Serge's oscillator designs have extraordinary accuracy and stability, especially considering their discrete nature. His philosophy of allowing the easy interplay of audio, control, and trigger signals, combined with the use of banana plugs, makes these systems wonderfully flexible."
Hainbach
Serge is banana, is more easily available than Buchla, sounds like pure electricity and has a very pleasing and logical aesthetic.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1