MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Maris Enzo a new synth guitar pedal.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Maris Enzo a new synth guitar pedal.
dkcg
Kinda surprised I didn't see anyone post this thing. Maybe we're all busy playing real synths. lol

sduck
I wonder how that compares to the Boss SY-300 - seems like a similar product. I'm sure there's some pretty big differences.
GovernorSilver
User demo from another forum:

[s]https://soundcloud.com/betaplane/enzo-jam[/s]

User explanation:
All tracks (except the drum loop) were created on the Enzo, or were existing presets.
I just looped in ableton and added layers.
I made the first pad patch you hear,
there is an arp patch (preset 15 I think)
two bass patches I made (a synth bass and then I layer just the dry pitch shifted)
And a few of the lead type patches from presets (10 and one other one)

and a little dirty guitar at the end for refernce.
GovernorSilver
sduck wrote:
I wonder how that compares to the Boss SY-300 - seems like a similar product. I'm sure there's some pretty big differences.

No LCD display, 2 footswtiches, Meris size/format, need MIDI controller to access max number of presets, use expression pedal, etc.

OTOH, costs about half as much, and seems to take much less effort on the tweaking side to get good sounds. I listened to a walkthrough of the SY-300 factory presets and most of them sounded gawdawful to me.

Also, can function as a pitch shifter/filter/delay pedal when synth is turned off.
smetak
Watched this when uploaded about a week ago - very detailed ins and outs of the box by Alderete and his sidekick:

dkcg
If I were not a synth user and only had guitar equipment, I'd be all over this pedal.

But I feel like the pedal is one big giant overlap with the gear I own. I am curious about latency. If it feels like a short slapjack, or if it is near imperceivable. The tracking seems pretty tight, would have been nice if that tracking info could have been sent out through midi.

The pitch shifting seems really useful. But for now, it all sounds a big generic in comparison to the synths I have.

Guitar only players will probably be all over this thing tho.
GovernorSilver
Rather than be an alternative for my proper synths - granted my collection is pretty modest compared to many MW members - I could probably use Enzo to extend what I can do with a solo guitar performance.

However, first I want to keep improving my unaccompanied guitar playing - or at least further develop ideas for unaccompanied guitar - before adding Enzo and Infinite Jets as enhancements/extensions to the guitar. I can play solo versions of a couple of Christmas carols and stuff like that ok, but I still have a lot of room for improvement.

I like how Steffan uses the Enzo, but I don't have his creativity for composing and playing ambient/post-rock type guitar stuff.

I sure wouldn't get it just to use like another fuzz pedal - that would be a waste of money, imo, as I already have two nice self-oscillating, pseudo-synthy fuzz pedals for noise freak fun.
GovernorSilver
Steffan/ThePedalZone's demo. Not as chatty as the other video, thank goodness, and some nice musical ideas sprinkled about. He also has a little fun running a drum machine app, Pocket Piano, etc. through it.

smetak
On the Pedal & Effects clip, couldn't really notice any latency - seems to track quite well.
GovernorSilver
One indication of the tracking is the relative ease with which one can play with decent groove - slow tracking guitar synth stuff is notoriously difficult to groove with.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnnXYh8HGUk/?utm_source=ig_embed
fredguy
GovernorSilver wrote:
One indication of the tracking is the relative ease with which one can play with decent groove - slow tracking guitar synth stuff is notoriously difficult to groove with.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnnXYh8HGUk/?utm_source=ig_embed

Thanks, just when I thought I was done with pedals that clip pushed me over the edge. I've had a number of synth pedals that sounded ok solo wanking but were useless trying to groove, especially with a live drummer.

I'll post a clip jamming with a drum machine after mine arrives. Rockin' Banana!
GovernorSilver
Electric violinist takes a crack at the Enzo. She does a walkthrough of most of the functions, including the "Dry" mode that gives you filter, pitch shifter, and delay without the synth. She also gets a bit into using it as part of a beat production, and shows a bit of how well it tracks faster playing:

smetak
"Hi, my name is Bad Snacks"....?!?!?!
GovernorSilver
smetak wrote:
"Hi, my name is Bad Snacks"....?!?!?!

It's one of those things that kids do these days, that us older guys are better off not thinking about too deeply.

We had a drummer in our local scene who had "Snacks" as part of his nickname, also in the under-30 set. Might be a hip-hip culture thing. Haven't seen him around of late, because he started playing with a big-name act.
GovernorSilver
BTW, she has another video featuring the Organelle as a processor.
smetak
At 51, can't really connect - nice video though.
GovernorSilver
Ignoring that she's a young beat producer with a quirky name... (as if Automatic Gainsay and Cuckoomusic weren't also weird names for Youtube personalities)

I thought the general walkthrough was very useful, especially for me as an electric violin player myself. Also the part about the Dry mode - she was able to get a decent faux string section sound using the pitch shifters and delays. It's a just-the-facts demo/review featuring a violin that I was looking for. I don't have as much use for 30 min. videos in which a couple of guys chat on and on and maybe play with the pedal for 10 out of those 30 min.

I've had my share of experiences with pedals that are great for guitar, but not so good for violin. So it's reassuring to see and hear a video featuring the violin instead of guitar.
fredguy
w00t
GovernorSilver
Ah so guys here are not accepting of young women using pedals and other gear. I'm out.
Shrigg
GovernorSilver wrote:
BTW, she has another video featuring the Organelle as a processor.

Can you post a link to that one? I couldn't find it
mg05
Hey Fredguy,

I understand GovernorSilver.

GovernorSilver wrote:
Ah so guys here are not accepting of young women using pedals and other gear. I'm out.

But I want to say this to you:
It's not nice what you've posted here!

1st actually this thread is about the Meris Enzo pedal and video examples featuring the Meris Enzo. Not about how people are looking. Why did you post her picture here?

2nd everyone will look stupid when you stop the video in the right moment.
It's really unfair to do this and to this to her, it's kind of mobbing. Do you feel provoked or offended by this video of Bad Snacks?

If it was meant fir fun I don't get the joke of your posting, man. Probably there is none.
Shrigg
I agree it's a ridiculous insult. Her review video was good and she is a talented player/producer.
fredguy
Enzo arrived today.

Amazing tracking in mono mode with a strat. I was able to get it a little confused with fast runs but clean playing with palm muting was gold. It also tracked slides and bends much better than expected. Stoked to try it with a lap steel.

Poly and arp modes haven't provided the same instant gratification.

Everything I was after in a synth pedal. Audio to follow.
smetak
By far, the best demo I've caught on the Enzo:

Chevron87
This is one cool sounding pedal.

I like the idea of a pedal turning my guitar in to a synth!
Homepage Englisch
Could anyone comment on its arp? How does it behave?
c0ntr4d1ct10n
Homepage Englisch wrote:
Could anyone comment on its arp? How does it behave?

I'm interested in how this works as well - how does it know what scale to arpeggiate with? Does it do this based on previous notes played?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 2