MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

stereo panning on the cocoquantus
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author stereo panning on the cocoquantus
odditymedium
can i mix the stereo pan without an external mixer?
i.e right now its hard panned, but anyway to mix em?
Oldstench
Nope. Welcome to Ciat-Lonbarde.
chrisdermo
You can get stereo -> mono plug converters. But then you're left with something that will only play in one headphone if thats the way you're using it.
odditymedium
Oldstench wrote:

thanks. but why does peter do this? whats the reasoning
Oldstench
odditymedium wrote:
Oldstench wrote:

thanks. but why does peter do this? whats the reasoning

Don't know. He's a quirky fellow, I'd gather.

CL gear is unlike anything else. There's good and bad in that, for certain values of bad. Hard panned left and right channels is one of those values for some. The PB2 (maybe the OG PB as well? Don't know - never had one) does the same for the Gongues, AVDogs, and Deerhorn. Hard left, hard right.

Run it into a DAW or get a small mixer.
kozepz
Both the original cocoquantus and plumbutter uses 2 mono outputs.
elil
You could route the right channel into the left and the left into the right and attenuate to taste.
odditymedium
yeah thats what i'm doing now, but it feels wrong :-|

how do you turn it off? just unplug it? feels like a violation
Oldstench
odditymedium wrote:
yeah thats what i'm doing now, but it feels wrong :-|

how do you turn it off? just unplug it? feels like a violation

Just unplug it.
mrbloor
I use a stereo mini jack to mono jack summed cable on my Sidrax & Tetrax if that helps anyone. cable from babylon
Hainbach
Have you started to modulate the VCA? The resulting movement should explain why the stereo spread on Ciat-Lonbarde is part of its acoustic body.
papercutnoise
Hainbach wrote:
Have you started to modulate the VCA? The resulting movement should explain why the stereo spread on Ciat-Lonbarde is part of its acoustic body.

Had great fun earlier today running a Sidrax loop (recorded in to a Line 6 DL4) into the Cocoquantus and having various Quantussy outputs modulating the input and output VCAs. Repatching and playing with the chaos on the Quantussy brought out some hypnotic rhythmic variations. Definitely something I want to explore more!
drwiener
... when you plug another ciat instrument into it, it's stereo field is preserved.

for example the tetrax, sidrax, and deerhorn, all create amazing spatial pallets when performed.

Or if you plugged your PB into the coco, then you would have some instruments going to one delay and some to the other -- hence two delay settings for your drum machine.

I think the idea is that you will patch the instruments into eachother, and the panning/ seperation is preserved.... IE the inputs on the plumb split to both filters, and the inputs to the deerhorns do the same with the VCAs.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1