MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Natural aluminum rampage front panel
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Natural aluminum rampage front panel
izmond
I love my Befaco Rampage, but I would love it even more if the front panel was aluminum with black text rather than black with white text. Grayscale doesn't appear to have ever made one, What are my options here? I downloaded the front panel design software from FPE, but when it comes to recreating the panel in CAD (or whatever), I'm clueless. I live in Cincinnati and thought about just stopping by Metalphoto of Cincinnati to see if they could help me out, but I figured I'd ask here first. I know a lot of you have made your own front panels before, please advise.
euromorcego
Befaco is open source, so they might provide you with a suitable file that can be used as a template. It is not too difficult to make a panel in FPE .... if you have the exact measurements available. It won't be cheap, though, the panel is rather large with a lot of pots and switches.

You might also ask Julian here on the forum for an estimate of costs (http://thebeast.co.uk/?page_id=21). But there you also need a panel file to work with.

Depending on cost, i might also be interested in a non-black version of the Rampage (i am among the few people left who really like the silver/grey of classic doepfer & co).
julian
If there are a few people keen, I could look into a small silk screened run?

Edit: would you just want an inverse of the original panel? Id have to check with Befaco if that was ok with them, but it would be quite possible otherwise. Black print onto natural anodised.
izmond
julian wrote:
If there are a few people keen, I could look into a small silk screened run?

Edit: would you just want an inverse of the original panel? Id have to check with Befaco if that was ok with them, but it would be quite possible otherwise. Black print onto natural anodised.

That is what I was imagining. Just checked out your site, your stuff looks great. I am certainly on board. How many would you need to make it worth your time?
julian
I just came back to mention that I've just had a very positive response from befaco, and they have mailed me the files to do this work, with their support.

I am requested, by them, not to distribute the files or use them for other purposes, but creating an inverted panel has their support.

Re numbers -

Numbers influence unit cost. I can make a single part, but it would be too expensive. It would be nice to make a handful or more. Ten would be sensible.

Would anyone else be keen? I realise I will have to calculate costing, but this won't be totally crazy if I can make a few.
izmond
I'm obviously in, for 2 panels. Would there be a better way to reach more people about this? A new thread with a snappier subject line? Skywritting? Yard signs?
izmond
Also, might it be possible to make the smallest of adjustments to the file? The graphics around the two curve knobs is just a tiny bit too tight to fit a small skirted Thonk intellijel style knob without being covered (really only affects the top of the dial linear image and lines on either side). Not a deal breaker for me if you lack the permissions or desire to make these changes.
jamos
I'd like one too.
masterofstuff124
1 please.

SlayerBadger!
TheMentat
One for me too please!
julian
This is now on my to-do list.

I'll make a single batch and they will be availible on a first come first served basis.

I realise I also need to work out costing. I can't think they will be pocket change, but at the same time they obviously need to be affordable.
whoop_john
Julian, if you need any help reversing the artwork or anything, let me know.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1