MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Joystick/Touch
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Joystick/Touch
Art
It's the favorite module of mine in fact. Very flexible in routing and can create continuous, moving, changing sound easily. SlayerBadger!
BugBrand
otoskope wrote:
I think you could just make more of the old one. It's the best joystick controller I've ever used. ...

The only thing is that I found the pads a bit difficult to calibrate, so I put insulation tape on top of them, and in that way I achieved the most controllable pressure response. Especially the soft levels were hard to produce before. So, as you did in Rev.3 of the CTL1, putting lacquer on top, would help.

Nice -- though I do think I want to use a new joystick unit.

Good point on the touch plates.

I will try to do a prototype as I have 5 joystick units for prototyping...

Of course, I will be redoing the design to bring it up-to-date but the basis is firm.
otoskope
Good to hear - just don't remove any features!
The current joystick (the actual stick and its base) has worked for me, but I could see that a little more friction could be good. Just don't add springs - would totally destroy it for me.
/Palle
BugBrand
Yeah, hear you! The new type is lovely and, yes, unsprung.
a100user
otoskope wrote:
Just don't add springs - would totally destroy it for me.
/Palle

Agreed
rpc
If you’re gauging interest, I’d be interested in a BugBrand joystick.
I have an Intellijel Planar v1 with adapter cables which has some useful functions such as vector mixing, trigger button, unipolar/bipolar switches, and motion sensing to gate. Wish it was banana/frac.
jjsynth
Count me in.
radams
BugBrand wrote:
Yeah, hear you! The new type is lovely and, yes, unsprung.

Tom, can the new joystick fit in old CTL2’s
BugBrand
I doubt it..
(If you have an issue with your old joystick - eg. excessive floppiness (that wasn't meant to sound dodgy!) - I do still have some of the old ones)
rico loverde
In for one!!!
BugBrand
Well, prototype ordered...
chrisdermo
yeah!! nanners
DickMarker
Out of interest, how high does the joystick protrude from the module panel?
BugBrand
DickMarker wrote:

About 1.5"
DickMarker
BugBrand wrote:
DickMarker wrote:

About 1.5"

Ta very much.
chrisdermo
DickMarker wrote:

That could be a line from some seriously geeky pillow talk. lol
DickMarker
chrisdermo wrote:
DickMarker wrote:

That could be a line from some seriously geeky pillow talk. lol

My girlfriend has already discovered the fecund world of synthesizer sexual innuendo but we haven't touched on joysticks yet!
chrisdermo
DickMarker wrote:
we haven't touched on joysticks yet!

Saving that for the wedding night!
otoskope
BugBrand wrote:
DickMarker wrote:

About 1.5"

Should be added that you can easily unscrew the stick for packing. Will the new one have detachable stick, as the old one?
BugBrand
otoskope wrote:
Should be added that you can easily unscrew the stick for packing. Will the new one have detachable stick, as the old one?

Unfortunately not - that was a nice feature (& I think my stick design was quite nice - I got that part made custom.)
otoskope
Oh, that will complicate things when going on tour or travel with the system :( Are you sure you cannot find a way to remove the stick temporarily?
batchas
otoskope wrote:
Oh, that will complicate things when going on tour or travel with the system :( Are you sure you cannot find a way to remove the stick temporarily?

If no, then maybe mount it inverted when travelling. Sorry I miss the words in english. Rear on top I mean. No idea how high is the rear though.
Hopefully my comment is not too stupid. Just thinking out loud and spontaneously...
rpc
BugBrand wrote:
Well, prototype ordered...

Looking forward to hearing more. smile
wednesdayayay
I would indeed love a dual joystick setup for ciat lonbarde wiggling!
I'd be in for at least 1
batchas
Stick of joy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GtU4ywCdas
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 2 of 4