MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Joystick/Touch
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Joystick/Touch
BugBrand
batchas wrote:
Stick of joy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GtU4ywCdas


Yeah, should be good with RadioMusic etc!

Here's a pic of the proto - I need to do a new panel as the touch-plates really need 0V around them (for actual touch) and not be covered by soldermask (hence the kludgey scraping..)
Other than a couple of minor design tweaks, the core is working well - but it'll take a while to actually receive the joystick production order.

lud
Looks perfect, can't wait!
chrisdermo
BugBrand wrote:
batchas wrote:
Stick of joy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GtU4ywCdas


Yeah, should be good with RadioMusic etc!

Here's a pic of the proto - I need to do a new panel as the touch-plates really need 0V around them (for actual touch) and not be covered by soldermask (hence the kludgey scraping..)
Other than a couple of minor design tweaks, the core is working well - but it'll take a while to actually receive the joystick production order.



Awesome! Love the new touchplate design too thumbs up

When you say 0v around them (for actual touch) - do you mean a second touchplate around it connected to 0v? I find with my CTL1 if I want a super strong response I touch the frame at the same time and it generally leaps straight to full CV - is that because the old REV1 CTL1s don't have that 0v point around the plates?
BugBrand
Yes, exposed 0V (and the touch plate itself) - both because, as you noted, touching 0V alters the sensitivity, but also because (guessing due to move to DCDC) there is some interference going on without 0V present.
chrisdermo
BugBrand wrote:
Yes, exposed 0V (and the touch plate itself) - both because, as you noted, touching 0V alters the sensitivity, but also because (guessing due to move to DCDC) there is some interference going on without 0V present.


Gotcha!
batchas
BugBrand wrote:
and not be covered by soldermask (hence the kludgey scraping..)

You give this to the people in the village where I live and they will love it hihi
They are all addicted to games where they scrap some scratchcards.

otoskope
So, Tom, is this circuit design different from he old CTL2? Because I always use it covered with tape, as I had problems getting a good dynamic range without it - it hit the maximum too fast for my taste. As it is now, it gives great control over gradual touch. Actually, it was my main controller for a series of improv gigs in the SF Bay area a couple of weeks ago.

BugBrand
Yeah, I'll probably sort one for you to test - basically the same circuit approaches, so we'll have to test to dial it right in correctly.
Kafgee
i would love a joystick for my little system applause
BugBrand
This is how it has turned out. Unfortunately the batch of PCB panels was bloody awful so will be remade once Chinese New Year holidays are over. Counting up today how many acceptable panels there actually are - unfortunately only a small handful from 75 PCBs (what an f'ing waste - actively looking for a new PCB panel supplier now)

otoskope
Sorry to hear about the PCBs - but it looks good. Very similar to the old one, function-wise. Different feel in the new stick?
BugBrand
The new stick is lovely!
(but not removable).

The PCB panels have been quite an issue in general the last year - far too much wastage. But these were the worst yet.
T. Jervell
Beautiful Tom! I really like the new design of the touchplates love
BugBrand
BugBrand wrote:
Counting up today how many acceptable panels there actually are - unfortunately only a small handful from 75 PCBs


OK - so there are enough 'reasonable' panels to do at least a small batch now. I'll do them at a £10 discount as the panels are less than perfect - a few minor/small blemishes or scuffs - typically quite hard to see unless you're really looking.
chrisdermo
BugBrand wrote:

The PCB panels have been quite an issue in general the last year - far too much wastage. But these were the worst yet.


GRRRR sad banana the design does indeed look awesome though w00t
lud
Love the new touchplate design too, beautiful module all round
lud
+ sorry to hear about the PCB panel woes, very annoying very frustrating
shred
looking great! thumbs up
Kafgee
I promise I won’t look nanners
batchas
BugBrand wrote:
This is how it has turned out. Unfortunately the batch of PCB panels was bloody awful so will be remade once Chinese New Year holidays are over. Counting up today how many acceptable panels there actually are - unfortunately only a small handful from 75 PCBs (what an f'ing waste - actively looking for a new PCB panel supplier now)

Yeah the last batches were horrible here too. I was stupid not ot order more than needed so I could have today a few ok in the pile, instead of nothing.

The Joystick / Touch looks good thumbs up
rpc
Love the new design. thumbs up
chrisdermo
My only reference point to compare to is a VCS3 I played with for a few hours last year, but these new joystick modules are ace! Good work Tom :-D

Are there any maintenance / care instructions for the stick we should be aware of? Would using a teeny tiny amount of some sort of lubricant on the gyroscope at the back totally wreck it's ability to stay in position?
BananaPlug
chrisdermo wrote:
some sort of lubricant on the gyroscope at the back

Wow! a gyroscope! That would be a first. hihi
chrisdermo
BananaPlug wrote:
chrisdermo wrote:
some sort of lubricant on the gyroscope at the back

Wow! a gyroscope! That would be a first. hihi


You know what I mean! The criss crossed metal slidey things. hihi hihi
BananaPlug
Yeah, I haven't ever needed to do anything to them but I'd think any kind of light greasy stuff that's safe for plastics would be okay.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 3 of 4
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group