MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Powering multiple Red units
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Powering multiple Red units
emenel
Hey all.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried powering multiple Red units with a daisy chain like you would do on a pedal board. As long as the 12v supply has enough power I don't see why it would be an issue... but I thought it would be good to ask before trying it smile

Thanks!
jimmie
I do it with a PTDelay and a COFilter, using the supply came with them and a splitter cable. No problem whatsoever thumbs up
chrisdermo
Yeah, has worked fine for me. I think I've done 1 5fw + 2 x 3fw cases daisy chained off one 1A 12v wall wart before, which would be actually just a little over 1A according to the ratings written on the power inlets. Didn't have any noise issues or anything.
BugBrand
Yes, it is fine.

Best to join 0V sockets with a banana cable if you're wanting to patch CVs between them.

Note also that some early 3&5FW cases had the DC input marked at 0.5A - typical is actually 0.3A max (rarely actually takes that). But I tend to suggest over spec'ing DC supply anyways.
shred
BugBrand wrote:
Yes, it is fine.

Best to join 0V sockets with a banana cable if you're wanting to patch CVs between them.

Note also that some early 3&5FW cases had the DC input marked at 0.5A - typical is actually 0.3A max (rarely actually takes that). But I tend to suggest over spec'ing DC supply anyways.


For connecting 0V, say between Chirper and PTDelay, would you just take a single banana cable and go from one black jack to the other?

Also, for interfacing with other formats (Euro for instance), would you need to connect 0V between both? Or could you connect 0V on the Chirper and using the 1/4" jacks carry that to the PTDelay? (for distributing cv from Euro to Bugs. hopefully that makes sense!)
BugBrand
shred wrote:
For connecting 0V, say between Chirper and PTDelay, would you just take a single banana cable and go from one black jack to the other?


Yes

Quote:
Also, for interfacing with other formats (Euro for instance), would you need to connect 0V between both? Or could you connect 0V on the Chirper and using the 1/4" jacks carry that to the PTDelay? (for distributing cv from Euro to Bugs. hopefully that makes sense!)


All machines should share common 0V - I would still suggest the banana between bug gear and then a two wire interface cable to euro/whatever.
shred
Thanks, Tom!

Another question if I may, please forgive me if it's dumb.
If using a format jumbler, can I stack bananas from the 0V on the jumbler with one going to Chirper and the other to PTDelay? Or do the two units also need to be connected by a cable?
BugBrand
shred wrote:
Thanks, Tom!

Another question if I may, please forgive me if it's dumb.
If using a format jumbler, can I stack bananas from the 0V on the jumbler with one going to Chirper and the other to PTDelay? Or do the two units also need to be connected by a cable?


Yes, that's fine.
(no need for third cable between Chirp & PT)
shred
roger that. thanks! SlayerBadger!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group