MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

reverse power question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author reverse power question
jwm
do the mk2 modules have reverse power protection?

i can't find anywhere saying that they do...but last night i did a little case rearrange, flipped on the power and noticed, hey, crap, everything else is lighting/booting up like normal but my piston honda mk2 isn't powering up...then i thought oh whoops i forgot to plug it in..powered the case off...pulled out the honda and had a dead banana moment when i realized the ribbon was plugged into the honda upside down. freaked out for a second, plugged it in the right way and powered the case back on and it just came to life! seems to work ok...seems to track ok...sounds ok...

have i been spared by the synth gods? does my piston have 8 lives left?
mt3
jwm wrote:

i can't find anywhere saying that they do...but last night i did a little case rearrange, flipped on the power and noticed, hey, crap, everything else is lighting/booting up like normal but my piston honda mk2 isn't powering up...then i thought oh whoops i forgot to plug it in..powered the case off...pulled out the honda and had a dead banana moment when i realized the ribbon was plugged into the honda upside down. freaked out for a second, plugged it in the right way and powered the case back on and it just came to life! seems to work ok...seems to track ok...sounds ok...

I don't believe they do, but count yourself lucky. Usually it's the power supply that explodes up in smoke, taking a module along with it.
screaming goo yo
Infinity Curve
mt3 wrote:
jwm wrote:

I don't believe they do, but count yourself lucky. Usually it's the power supply that explodes up in smoke, taking a module along with it.
screaming goo yo

Pretty sure the MK2's have reverse protection - it's the MK1's you have to watch out for. Fried a Bionic Lester brand new out of the box plugging it in backwards.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 1