MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Birdkids ”Raven” ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author Birdkids ”Raven” ?
etherline
cityz3n wrote:
We did it!

Hooray! I was dreading going down the back of the sofa looking for loose change. I think noetic might have sold his sofa.
AntonWoldhek
woie
noeticsound
etherline wrote:
cityz3n wrote:
We did it!

Hooray! I was dreading going down the back of the sofa looking for loose change. I think noetic might have sold his sofa.

And I couldn't be happier. I was starting to feel oppressed by the convention of sofa seating, like I'm obligated to sit on it.

Well, it can torment me no longer. I'm free. I AM DELIVERED! And so much more floor space. They don't tell you that when they design your interiors. razz
noeticsound
MaartenV wrote:
Just made a sequence on the RAVEN prototype just now, must say, it sounds amazing!! Hopefully it gets funded indeed, its really worth it.

Maarten, I love the sound of this demo!

It strongly reminds me of Sakamoto's Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence. Your melody is much more expansive, possibly generative, but the implied harmonic motion is similar. Is that coincidental?
chaosick
noeticsound wrote:
MaartenV wrote:
Just made a sequence on the RAVEN prototype just now, must say, it sounds amazing!! Hopefully it gets funded indeed, its really worth it.

It strongly reminds me of Sakamoto's Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence. Your melody is much more expansive, possibly generative, but the implied harmonic motion is similar. Is that coincidental?

I haven't seen this film but I know that Takeshi Kitano is in it, in a cheesy role (apparently?) His own films are brilliant ,and speaking of music, he has one of the best composers around doing the music in many of them, Jo Hisashi.
MaartenV
noeticsound wrote:
MaartenV wrote:

yeah kind of based on that harmony for this demo indeed!
birdkid
MaartenV wrote:
noeticsound wrote:
MaartenV wrote:

yeah kind of based on that harmony for this demo indeed!

@noeticsound - Maarten has that sequencing magic I rarely hear anywhere else..

Anyway sorry I didn't have time to reply yesterday yet, we were on the move all day, and I'm taking care of Julius the Pug (or vice versa, depending on the outlook).

So we were noodling on the same prototype DivKid had in his studio, this time in Utrecht at Maarten's place.

Sequence is by Maarten, I'm just knob twiddling. There is some distortion going too hot into the digital inputs of the streaming software, mind you it's software side, the unit is really clean, too clean gain staging for my taste even, can't wait to go back to Vienna and add some overharmonic distortion past 3 o'clock on the VCA. To be fair, the task, engineering team set here for themselves with the early proto, was to get predictable measurements respective our simulations, they did, now it's up to me (the modular, knucklehead) to set the response ranges and overall sonic behavior to let's call it *taste*, the XL version already had a lot of tweaking of ranges before I flew out to Den Haag, but the 42hp versions were developed earlier and held back for measurements Dead Banana

Oh, yah, we made it past 100% funding I think.. just sidenote we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy w00t w00t w00t w00t w00t w00t SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! applause applause applause applause applause
birdkid

Other than about 7k still missing from people not having their Credit Cards covered at moment of pledge withdrawal, we can call it a success w00t

Gonna keep you guys & girls updated in the next days and then it's off to the lab hyper
AntonWoldhek
oh god. kickstarter doesnt put a reserve on the cc until due date. sigh...
birdkid
AntonWoldhek wrote:
oh god. kickstarter doesnt put a reserve on the cc until due date. sigh...

Yeah, but it's not affecting backers or campaign outcome - y'all safe just on the record thumbs up
cityz3n
Ok. My card was charged today!
MaartenV
Play Him Off, Keyboard Cat. Play Him Off, Keyboard Cat. Teh forumcats stormcat Forumcat #2
yay! awesome we made it!
birdkid
MaartenV wrote:
Play Him Off, Keyboard Cat. Play Him Off, Keyboard Cat. Teh forumcats stormcat Forumcat #2
yay! awesome we made it!

Yay! Tomorrow, Kickstarter will send us the final list of Backers and Fulfillment lists. SlayerBadger!

Multiple Skype conferences with engineering and lots of feedback from early testers - check.
Bug Fixes List crossed - check.
Production Slots reserved for February - check.

Next up, Lab meeting in Vienna on the 20th/21st of Dec.
Whoever backed RAVEN - y'all gonna be happy campers when you read what we have in stock for you Mr. Green

whinger
Congratulations, that's great news.
birdkid
whinger wrote:
Congratulations, that's great news.

Thank you! w00t

We're deep into our lab extracurricular activities at the moment, I won't be able to keep up with the forum on a regular basis, but we're using our Facepalm channel to drop some hints regarding the progress, to be followed by an extensive, official, status update on the Campaign site sometime in mid January.

Facepalm Link

Oh and for those in the LA area, I'll be attending some key days (most likely 25th/26th of January) of NAMM 2019 as a spokesperson for birdkids, so get in touch if you wanna chat or just hug Play Him Off, Keyboard Cat. - if Chris of EQD is around, good coffee is possible even in Anaheim.
cityz3n
Wow!!!

I think I figured out the hint.

Happy holidays!
birdkid
cityz3n wrote:
Wow!!!

Happy holidays!

It has to do with Subs It's motherfucking bacon yo

Happy Holidays y'all!
cityz3n
birdkid wrote:
cityz3n wrote:
Wow!!!

Happy holidays!

It has to do with Subs It's motherfucking bacon yo

Happy Holidays y'all!

Woohoo!!! applause hyper applause

we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy

That with no extra hp. It’s a Xmas miracle!
birdkid
What happened so far (aka previously on LOST):

1. Campaign reflection and definition of streeeetchgoals.
2. Re-design, optimization and verification.
3. Production start.

Upcoming:

Calibration and dispatch of 1st batch to Early Adopters. w00t

As usual, I'm not on this forum much, and even less so than before as this year is basically a non-stop rollercoaster ride of exhibs, workshops and talks.
Do, send me a good ol' pigeon post, addy here.

And if nothing else, here's where you'll find the:

sounds
[s]https://soundcloud.com/birdkids/sets/raven-an-introduction[/s]

vids
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2tuVcl5u2EF3ZjprxfxmCw/videos

ye olde shoppe

birdkids official webshop powered by Big Cartel

socials
FB TWITTER IG

Rock on! Rockin' Banana!
Leverkusen
birdkid wrote:
chaosick
birdkid wrote:

3. Production start.

Upcoming:

As usual, I'm not on this forum much, and even less so than before as this year is basically a non-stop rollercoaster ride of exhibs, workshops and talks.

sounds

vids

ye olde shoppe

socials
FB TWITTER IG

Rock on! Rockin' Banana!

Looking forward to it. You've probably made more good demos showcasing different sides of it than any module I've ever seen, more manufacturers should follow your example. Most beautiful collection of patch sheets I've ever seen.
birdkid
chaosick wrote:
birdkid wrote:

3. Production start.

Upcoming:

sounds

vids

ye olde shoppe

socials
FB TWITTER IG

Rock on! Rockin' Banana!

Looking forward to it. You've probably made more good demos showcasing different sides of it than any module I've ever seen, more manufacturers should follow your example. Most beautiful collection of patch sheets I've ever seen.

Oh, thank you so much for the kind words thumbs up
The patch sheets are for TheBateleur series and 42hp System. But RAVEN will get the same treatment, just waiting for the final panels to arrive, and then we have some video material for you!

Tech specs are in too... How low can you go? 0.1Hz (in LFO mode).
cityz3n
birdkid wrote:

But RAVEN will get the same treatment, just waiting for the final panels to arrive, and then we have some video material for you!

Tech specs are in too... How low can you go? 0.1Hz (in LFO mode).

Yeah!!!
applause
birdkid
1460 holes per PCB.
666 elec./mech. components (YES, we had some, uhm help to make it sound THAT good twisted )
81 Testpoints.
3 Engineers.
1 SlimJim™ automatic testing system.

[/img]
chaosick
birdkid wrote:
1460 holes per PCB.
666 elec./mech. components (YES, we had some, uhm help to make it sound THAT good twisted )
81 Testpoints.
3 Engineers.
1 SlimJim™ automatic testing system.

[/img]

Sorry, I don't know shit about circuit engineering, but I'm curious about this help --> sound quality, particular in the current super pc-"it's all good," calm rhetoric that has invaded even eurorack modules, trying to mislead people that all oscillators are "good", it just depends on your "tastes, man," when your product is a clear proof that this is utter BS.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 5 of 8