MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Birdkids ”Raven” ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author Birdkids ”Raven” ?
goldi
Whoa how'd i miss this? What's the status, anymore kickstarter stuff happening?
scuto
chaosick wrote:
birdkid wrote:
1460 holes per PCB.
666 elec./mech. components (YES, we had some, uhm help to make it sound THAT good twisted )
81 Testpoints.
3 Engineers.
1 SlimJim™ automatic testing system.

[/img]

Sorry, I don't know shit about circuit engineering, but I'm curious about this help --> sound quality, particular in the current super pc-"it's all good," calm rhetoric that has invaded even eurorack modules, trying to mislead people that all oscillators are "good", it just depends on your "tastes, man," when your product is a clear proof that this is utter BS.

hmmm..... I thought it was a raven/devil-type joke with the 666?
chaosick
scuto wrote:
chaosick wrote:
birdkid wrote:
1460 holes per PCB.
666 elec./mech. components (YES, we had some, uhm help to make it sound THAT good twisted )
81 Testpoints.
3 Engineers.
1 SlimJim™ automatic testing system.

[/img]

Sorry, I don't know shit about circuit engineering, but I'm curious about this help --> sound quality, particular in the current super pc-"it's all good," calm rhetoric that has invaded even eurorack modules, trying to mislead people that all oscillators are "good", it just depends on your "tastes, man," when your product is a clear proof that this is utter BS.

hmmm..... I thought it was a raven/devil-type joke with the 666?

oh ,ha ha.
synonymist
goldi wrote:
Whoa how'd i miss this? What's the status, anymore kickstarter stuff happening?

+1

@birdkid, hello. Is it no longer possible to buy a new Raven?
birdkid
Hey friends, sorry I just couldn't muster posting here so soon after Mr. McGrath's passing. We owe him so much for making this interaction between us possible. But I guess it's up to us to keep the torch lit and carry it.

First off, @chaossick:
It's a very rewarding process to be able to build a chair from scratch, the entire process, even if you're a great carpenter is like falling in Love again and again.
Sure you can get an ikea one, and it's functional, but life is too short for just "functional" right? We're in it for the ride, not counting the mileage thumbs up

@scuto, oh it's not even a joke, we've all quietly gasped when the BOM (Bill of Materials) quantity added up on Excel ... must be doing something right.

@goldi and synonymist

The Kickstarter campaign ended in December 2018, but we've received many many emails from people regarding availability, we've also sent individual mails to parties who inquired regarding pre-order and a newsletter.

My advice is to get in touch via mail here.

Here's an excerpt from the functionality:
synonymist
birdkid wrote:
@goldi and synonymist

The Kickstarter campaign ended in December 2018, but we've received many many emails from people regarding availability, we've also sent individual mails to parties who inquired regarding pre-order and a newsletter.

Thank you. It wasn't easy (resistance to VPN, certain browsers, etc.), but I managed to load the contact webpage there in full and submit the contact form. smile
birdkid
synonymist wrote:
birdkid wrote:
@goldi and synonymist

Thank you. It wasn't easy (resistance to VPN, certain browsers, etc.), but I managed to load the contact webpage there in full and submit the contact form. smile

Dear synonymist, thank you! Just replied to your mail!
Curious to hear about the technical issues regarding the website, the form integration 3rd Party Plugin (Contact Form 7 WP) we're using has some issues with IE and Mozilla browsers, which browser were you using?
synonymist
birdkid wrote:
synonymist wrote:
birdkid wrote:
@goldi and synonymist

Curious to hear about the technical issues regarding the website, the form integration 3rd Party Plugin (Contact Form 7 WP) we're using has some issues with IE and Mozilla browsers, which browser were you using?

Hello. My pleasure, and thank you for your email reply (we're on our way!)

The incompatibility I encountered was on Mac OS with 1. VPN regardless of browser, and 2. Mozilla without VPN, wherein the required EU opt-in checkbox was not visible, and so the form could not be submitted.

Separately: I am among those who thinks that Raven's UI would benefit from larger type. I see your design challenge, the space constraint. Not a typography expert, I think that between abbreviation (like "opto" already in use) and a slightly larger font that perhaps was also proportionally taller, readability could be improved.

Attached here is a mockup of where my Raven will live. cool
birdkid
synonymist wrote:
birdkid wrote:
synonymist wrote:
birdkid wrote:
@goldi and synonymist

Hello. My pleasure, and thank you for your email reply (we're on our way!)

The incompatibility I encountered was on Mac OS with 1. VPN regardless of browser, and 2. Mozilla without VPN, wherein the required EU opt-in checkbox was not visible, and so the form could not be submitted.

Separately: I am among those who thinks that Raven's UI would benefit from larger type. I see your design challenge, the space constraint. Not a typography expert, I think that between abbreviation (like "opto" already in use) and a slightly larger font that perhaps was also proportionally taller, readability could be improved.

Attached here is a mockup of where my Raven will live. cool

Thank you dear Synonymist, I will investigate the VPN issue as soon as I can, Mozilla has been known to cause some issues with that 3rd party plug, but it has been reliable in terms of spam filtering and keeping submitted data safe. But I appreciate the technical report very much and will run it by the backend team.

Regarding the typeface and legibility, the good news: it's been done thumbs up
I stood by my promise, regardless of aesthetic choices, the type point has been increased from the Kickstarter campaign prototype to the current panels:

scuto
birdkid wrote:
@scuto, oh it's not even a joke, we've all quietly gasped when the BOM (Bill of Materials) quantity added up on Excel ... must be doing something right.

I believed you about the 666 components, and for me it was funny you tied it into getting "help" from a demon-type-thing. While I'm not into numerology, myself, it certainly is fun when coincidences like the 666 BOM(b) happen! SlayerBadger!
cityz3n
birdkid wrote:

This looks so good...
chaosick
birdkid wrote:
Hey friends, sorry I just couldn't muster posting here so soon after Mr. McGrath's passing. We owe him so much for making this interaction between us possible. But I guess it's up to us to keep the torch lit and carry it.

First off, @chaossick:
It's a very rewarding process to be able to build a chair from scratch, the entire process, even if you're a great carpenter is like falling in Love again and again.
Sure you can get an ikea one, and it's functional, but life is too short for just "functional" right? We're in it for the ride, not counting the mileage thumbs up

@goldi and synonymist

Here's an excerpt from the functionality:

Absolutely! And agree with you about posting..very sad.
synonymist
birdkid wrote:

I stood by my promise, regardless of aesthetic choices, the type point has been increased from the Kickstarter campaign prototype to the current panels:

Wow! Thank you, birdkid. w00t The new panel layout makes better use of the available space. And the larger type is more readable.

Congratulations. I am late to the game. But it's good to see that Raven matured so quickly, in no small part due to your responsiveness to players' suggestions. thumbs up
birdkid
synonymist wrote:
birdkid wrote:

Wow! Thank you, birdkid. w00t The new panel layout makes better use of the available space. And the larger type is more readable.

Congratulations. I am late to the game. But it's good to see that Raven matured so quickly, in no small part due to your responsiveness to players' suggestions. thumbs up

Thank you!! w00t
Yes, the feedback was invaluable, there's always room to have a conversation, even with a clear language and approach to design.
I feel especially with the RAVEN it's equal part our and the people's contribution to making it possible. So, now it's time to let it out into the world! thumbs up
synonymist
birdkid wrote:
I feel especially with the RAVEN it's equal part our and the people's contribution to making it possible. So, now it's time to let it out into the world! thumbs up

Mike, FYI I just bought what must be one of the last few unsold examples of TheBateleur 42hp System. If all goes well, I should have it in one week.

Maybe secretly I had a completist's motive. But conciously I wanted to witness firsthand the evolution of the birdkids art. In the months before my RAVEN arrives, I will experience its ancestry. Thus my appreciation of its significance should be greater.

Also, I have reason to think that TheBateleur 42hp System will sound great and be fun to play. smile

Thanks to you and all the birdkids for your good work, the old and the new.
Jenseits
Excellent choice Synonymist!
It is a great system on its own and of course integrates perfectly with other gear smile

I didn‘t preorder Raven simply because i don‘t need more voices atm but i read all new info about it and am absolutely sure it will excell in quality and sound!

For me the Bateleur is a dream come true. Here‘s my mobile setup and i think you‘ll understand that i‘m so happy with it grin

synonymist
Jenseits wrote:
It is a great system on its own and of course integrates perfectly with other gear smile

I didn‘t preorder Raven simply because i don‘t need more voices atm but i read all new info about it and am absolutely sure it will excell in quality and sound!

For me the Bateleur is a dream come true. Here‘s my mobile setup and i think you‘ll understand that i‘m so happy with it grin

Hello Jenseits, and thank you. Although it seems that our criteria and workflow are quite different, soon we will have TheBateleur System in common. Your mobile setup is lovely and looks like sounding very good.
Dragonaut
Jenseits wrote:

Which AKGs are those? I'm digging the white...
brickman
https://www.akg.com/Headphones/Professional%20Headphones/K701.html?
Jenseits
I don‘t think i said something about my workflow and the picture doesn‘t show all gear and options i have wink
And my criteria is: do i need/want it? Can i afford it? Is built quality and sound good?
I don‘t think you‘re that different wink
birdkid
synonymist wrote:
birdkid wrote:

Mike, FYI I just bought what must be one of the last few unsold examples of TheBateleur System. If all goes well, I should have it in one week.

Maybe secretly I had a completist's motive. But conciously I wanted to witness firsthand the evolution of the birdkids art. In the months before my RAVEN arrives, I will experience its ancestry. Thus my appreciation of its significance should be greater.

Also, I have reason to think that TheBateleur System will sound great and be fun to play. smile

Thanks to you and all the birdkids for your good work, the old and the new.

Oh wow, nice move thumbs up
There is very little systems outthere in circulation, we've stopped producing those and the last units will be available through our official webshop:

birdkids @ Big Cartel

@jenseits, lovely picture love Very glad to hear you're digging it!

The first RAVEN batch finished production last week, next week we're calibrating the units and the shipping begins SlayerBadger!

Inbetween some jams and begun with the patches:
birdkid
SB19 recap by the man himself, DivKid Ben thumbs up

We're shipping the first units next week w00t
synonymist
birdkid wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQuIoTgisU8

Mike, you are a deep guy. Good Luck to all the birdkids as you ship the first RAVENs!

Anyone interested in birdkids's recent work should see this video of a few days ago. Lovely scene and sounds:

birdkid
synonymist wrote:
birdkid wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQuIoTgisU8

Mike, you are a deep guy. Good Luck to all the birdkids as you ship the first RAVENs!

Anyone interested in birdkids's recent work should see this video of a few days ago. Lovely scene and sounds:

oops Thank you sir!

Yeah, that's our Oasis of Zen in the 15th district of Vienna.
We run on Coffee and cake, our Cholesterol levels reflect that. we're not worthy

In case people wanna keep track with the RAVEN vids, or still haven't decided on Panel Options, here's the playlist:

RAVEN playlist on YT
jakobprogsch
Jenseits wrote:
I don‘t think i said something about my workflow and the picture doesn‘t show all gear and options i have wink
And my criteria is: do i need/want it? Can i afford it? Is built quality and sound good?

Also: "Is it from Austria?" apparently grin
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 6 of 8