MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Birdkids ”Raven” ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author Birdkids ”Raven” ?
nnamesor
j_dowe wrote:
MaartenV wrote:
Getting to try out and demo the raven, it really sounds amazing, also as an owner of the bataleur, i must say, it sounds quiet different, even more expressive and musical, it has his own character (crunchy organic sounding) compared to other high end dual oscillators i played with, really worth it. It's peanut butter jelly time!

i would love to hear more on how it's different sounding from the bateleur? i like the bateleur, but trying to figure out if i'd like this even better. i probably can't afford to own both ($$ & hp), but i could potentially sell the bateleur+expansion to fund a raven.

Would like to hear this comparison as well.
birdkid
brickman wrote:
That silver panel looks lovely. The font looks tiny though. Any chance you'd make it larger for those of us with more aged eyes...?

If point size is an issue, I'll bow to demand and increase it, sure.
AndreasD
birdkid wrote:
brickman wrote:
That silver panel looks lovely. The font looks tiny though. Any chance you'd make it larger for those of us with more aged eyes...?

If point size is an issue, I'll bow to demand and increase it, sure.

I would appreciate if you increase the text size.

It would also be a nice touch if there would be an octave switch for the vco(s). +-1 would be good enough.

I backed one already.
brickman
I'd like to see a larger font size.
cityz3n
I really don’t mind the so called small font.
I think I know the layout by heart by now.

I’d rather see some action on the kickstarter campaign.
I saw it go from 60 backers to 59.
That’s not how it’s supposed to go!!! d'oh!
j_dowe
cityz3n wrote:

I’d rather see some action on the kickstarter campaign.
I saw it go from 60 backers to 59.
That’s not how it’s supposed to go!!! d'oh!

We just need a few retailers to order the Raven x5. Surely 57% off MSRP is lower than wholesale?

I imagine this is going down to the wire.

Enjoy the show!
j_dowe
btw, I'm okay with the font size. I usually don't read my modules anyway. After a bit of use, I should know where everything is... and the parameter locations on the Raven seem logical.
deltaAquarii
damn does it sound nice!
(personally i really like the prototype square formfactor more. standalone, with nice wood enclosure and internal power would have been awesome. but yeah the module eurorack market is probably better to go for. )
birdkid
If a slight point-size increase is going to make it more accessible to those who need it, I'm 100% for it, and it can be done tastefully without distorting the overall balance and aesthetic considerations, so consider implemented.

We feel you guys on the frustration of things moving so slowly (and sometimes backwards), but that's how it is, perhaps a time will come when a wide audience will appreciate what we've done, but it were YOU who had the foresight.
Anyway we can't be more happy with the feedback and love we're getting, and can't wait to get to work once this is hopefully funded.
We can do it, Julius says so:

Livestream with the amazing Maarten Vos and Julius the Great

Rockin' Banana! nanners screaming goo yo SlayerBadger! applause Guinness ftw! thumbs up
Addam
Great sounds. Keeping my fingers crossed! SlayerBadger!
Bots
I check the kickstarter 3 times a day.... please let this succeeds we're not worthy
birdkid
Bots wrote:
I check the kickstarter 3 times a day.... please let this succeeds we're not worthy

We hope so too, anyways, "Smart Saver" options are all bought up, some "Early Birds" and "Early Adopter" pledges available, as well as some interesting new bundles. And of course the x5 Pack which is 399,- per unit. And we see a bunch of shops looking at those via our newsletter send-out, so let's see.

Rockin' Banana!
noeticsound
I really want to see this happen. The Raven is one of the most elegant designs in Eurorack voice modules out there.

I think some people earlier in the thread suggested that it was priced too high. I believe they misunderstood the value proposition and - I’m sure not maliciously - dampened the enthusiasm that should’ve kicked off this campaign.

Now it looks like it’s in danger of missing the deadline with just a couple days left. Over the weekend, I upgraded my pledge from the €399 Black Friday offer to the €1599 Raven System plus Bataleur System package. Along with a couple of other new backers, I moved the needle a bit but not nearly enough.

So I decided that I’m prepared to go even further. I know that some of you out there are anxious to see this happen and are willing to chip in a bit more to see it through. If you are, speak up.

Let’s see what we can do as a community to help realize this beautiful instrument. I’m pretty sure Mike will work with us to create some more options if need be. If enough of you have the means and the desire to push harder, I will upgrade my pledge again to the package I got plus 3 MORE RAVENS. I’ll sell off some gear and play around with the Eurorack polysynth that I’ve been fastiduously avoiding up until now. Four Ravens, a Shuttle Control, and a Roli Seaboard...a tasty thought, no?

So, you all. What do you think? Is anyone with me on this?
etherline
noeticsound wrote:
I really want to see this happen. The Raven is one of the most elegant designs in Eurorack voice modules out there.

So, you all. What do you think? Is anyone with me on this?

I think it's great that you have such enthusiasm for the project but don't put its success or failure on your own shoulders. Pledge what makes sense for you. Others have done the same and the outcome will depend on factors in Mike's hands or with last minute buyers. Mike is a very tenacious guy. It will happen some way if not this way.
noeticsound
etherline wrote:
I think it's great that you have such enthusiasm for the project but don't put its success or failure on your own shoulders. Pledge what makes sense for you. Others have done the same and the outcome will depend on factors in Mike's hands or with last minute buyers. Mike is a very tenacious guy. It will happen some way if not this way.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to imply that I’m the Raven’s savior; I’m most certainly not. In fact, I could pledge for 8 Ravens right now, and it still wouldn’t cross the threshold.

I’m under no illusion: I can’t do this alone. This campaign needs community support. I happen to think that the project is worthy of that support, and I’m willing to dig into my pocket to demonstrate my belief in its worthiness.

It’s just my opinion, though. I’m not calling out anyone who disagrees. This is hardware modular synthesis we’re talking about - a market with scores of talented designers competing for the wallets of a tiny handful of geeks with disposible income. We’re not saving rainforests, curing cancer, ending famine or war; we’re mostly just indulging a quirky hobby. Of course, there are worse things to do with our time, but there are undoubtedly better too. So, I’m no hero. I’d just like to see this funded.
cityz3n
noeticsound wrote:
etherline wrote:

Sorry, I didn’t mean to imply that I’m the Raven’s savior; I’m most certainly not. In fact, I could pledge for 8 Ravens right now, and it still wouldn’t cross the threshold.

I’m under no illusion: I can’t do this alone. This campaign needs community support. I happen to think that the project is worthy of that support, and I’m willing to dig into my pocket to demonstrate my belief in its worthiness.

It’s just my opinion, though. I’m not calling out anyone who disagrees. This is hardware modular synthesis we’re talking about - a market with scores of talented designers competing for the wallets of a tiny handful of geeks with disposible income. We’re not saving rainforests, curing cancer, ending famine or war; we’re mostly just indulging a quirky hobby. Of course, there are worse things to do with our time, but there are undoubtedly better too. So, I’m no hero. I’d just like to see this funded.

applause applause applause
I think that’s a piece of art that reply.
cityz3n
The famous double post!
birdkid
noeticsound wrote:
etherline wrote:

And just like that, faith in humanity restored love

As much as I was brought up to always seek the solution in myself, I too have no illusions that this is an endeavor that only the community can help materialize.

We did not anticipate such low, slow numbers, however nor did we anticipate such phenomenal warm-hearted adoption of our dream, which became a mutual one.
Reading through the forum, people are holding their breath with us to make this happen. Speechless. We always thought it's gonna be a dry transaction, you save big, we get to do something exceptional, but emotional involvement is not something we've ever anticipated on such level.

As a team, we've devoted more than three years to the development of the constituents that went into RAVEN, often sacrificing monetizing through going to production with separate modules in favor of a bigger-picture correlation which ultimately became the RAVEN.
But idealism also takes its toll, so we find ourselves in the position of fully relying on crowd funding to go into production to make it remotely competitive price-wise, and if we have to do it ourselves the competitive aspect is no longer possible. We never aim for boutique prices, but if you look at the component list, the PCB tolerances, Mechanicals and custom panels you'll end up asking yourself how we even make a living selling those at the price we usually do. The answer is - barely.
To be perfectly clear regarding expectations - if this campaign does not work out, I cannot promise a release in any foreseeable timeframe, nor ever at the suggested MSRP.
Thus it is very likely, that even in the event of successful funding, the retail price will only increase down the line. We hold our side of the agreement vis-a-vis the campaign without saying, but FYI 'early adopter' is going to be the distribution purchase pricing, you can do the math regarding retail from that on ,)

The point is, whoever is in, has already done their best (some more than others, dear noeticsound thumbs up ) so we're eternally grateful for each and every pledge.
MaartenV
Just made a sequence on the RAVEN prototype just now, must say, it sounds amazing!! Hopefully it gets funded indeed, its really worth it.

MaartenV
And here another clarinet sounding snippet of that jam.
[s]https://soundcloud.com/maartenvos/raven-sequence/s-2DLvi[/s]
etherline
noeticsound wrote:
etherline wrote:

..So, I’m no hero. I’d just like to see this funded.

My concern was actually for your financial well-being not your military record razz

But I admire your passion. It's not misplaced.
strangegravity
Great sounding voice. I watched DivKid noodle on it. Too bad it doesn't have at least an AR to make it a complete voice.

Anyway..... too expensive for my budget
j_dowe
kickstarter at 92%!

hopefully all these divkid videos will push it over (one per day over the last week)

w00t
noeticsound
etherline wrote:
My concern was actually for your financial well-being not your military record razz

But I admire your passion. It's not misplaced.

thumbs up

Thanks for lookin' out, etherline! I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford it without dropping below adequate levels of food and shelter to sustain survival...for now. help Mr. Green

There's been a lot of progress in the last couple of days. The campaign is now really close to getting funded. We're less than 24 hours from the deadline; timing is tight AF, but I'm feeling optimistic.
cityz3n
We did it!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 4 of 8