MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

2hp Vowel
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author 2hp Vowel
twohp
Hey guys!

I wanted to let you know that we're shipping the Vowel today.

Vowel is a speech synthesis and formant oscillator. It synthesizes and approximates the human voice by generating vowel sounds. These can be manipulated to provide deep low baritones, or high pitched squeaks. Two unique algorithms provide separate takes on this exciting synthesis method and allow for a multitude of talking synth sounds. What more can we say?

- Speech synthesis
- FOF synthesis
- Voltage controlled vowel sounds
- Two unique algorithms

Here's a short demo video:
Vowel Demo
Antlerface
Very cool, will add some spiciness to my system!
lisa
Yeah, way cool addition to a small or classic system. SlayerBadger!
cg_funk
Wow, you crammed all of those Daft Punk sound into only 2HP!? applause
breadman
Sounds very funky! It's peanut butter jelly time!
behndy
and IMMEDIATELY ordered. LOVE formant filters.
MindMachine
Very cool. Can't wait to check it out at Perfect Circuit.
dumbledog
Ah, you... eh?

I, uh... oh.
Sunden
Wondering if I even need my Braids any more...
Foghorn
Hmm... I got Freeze next to a Planar (1)
I wonder if Vowel would fit nicely on the other side. hmmm.....
starthief
Foghorn wrote:
Hmm... I got Freeze next to a Planar (1)
I wonder if Vowel would fit nicely on the other side. hmmm.....

Don't freeze your vowels, or uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
behndy
dumbledog wrote:
Ah, you... eh?

I, uh... oh.

beautiful.
j_dowe
my racks are full... but i need this. 2hp can surely be sacrificed somewhere.

applause
franman69
Nice one.. sounds like a ton of fun!
motorhead412
This, I like!
in_sherman
woOaAh! totally cool!
ben_hex
very nice!
Zymos
Ordered immediately.

10$ for shipping, but they don't use Priority Mail, which costs well under that for a package of this size? Boo.

But I should have it Monday anyway, so yay!
euromorcego
now I fully understand the the company name "twohp" sort of defines the choice of the module width here.

BUT it still seems like a rather arbitrary limitation. I wouldn't mind such a module in e.g. 6hp, so still quite slim but with real knobs, and maybe even input attenuverter. And the 2hp line can be for more basic utilities.

(hides)
R.U.Nuts
euromorcego wrote:
now I fully understand the the company name "twohp" sort of defines the choice of the module width here.

BUT it still seems like a rather arbitrary limitation. I wouldn't mind such a module in e.g. 6hp, so still quite slim but with real knobs, and maybe even input attenuverter. And the 2hp line can be for more basic utilities.

(hides)

Yes! Please makea bigger version of this with proper pots and with attenuators for the CV inputs!
lisa
euromorcego: So, the same concept as all the other module makers? wink

I think it’s clever to fit everything into 2hp. If you want a formant voice with a larger footprint there are other options, like Plaits.
behndy
i'm with Lisahhhhh. that's his whole thing, and it is an AWESOME thing. the drums are goooood, the Comb filter is GOOOOD, all the utilities in 2hp? VERBOSE.
OutaSpaceMan
With Vowel 2HP have gained even further access to my wallet...
matttech
Just opened up preorders for this badboy in case anyone is after one? screaming goo yo
Zymos
Had a quick play with it, and it sounds fantastic in real life. Tons of presence, really "full throated". (Well duh)

Great job, 2HP!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2