MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

fun with dalek (audio example)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author fun with dalek (audio example)
consumed
since AHBA a couple weekends ago, im still having lots of fun with just the eurorack and a 606. im just now getting familiar with the dalek modulator and finding it is a fantastic and extremely flexible standalone voice, esp with a LPG and an envelope. example:

http://share.ovi.com/media/consumed.sound/consumed.10060
Chuck E. Jesus
i seriously have to save money, but i lust after a LPG even more now...THANKS DUDE angry

hihi
dkcg
Great sounds! I love the Dalek M13 combo too! SlayerBadger!
dougcl
great stuff.
D/A A/D
Sounds hot! Man, I feel the walls cracking... I may need to buy a mother fucking second euro case... angry
felix
Oh yeah, the Dalek is awesome. I didn't have oscillators for the longest time, it was just the Dalek. The FM sounds from cross modulation are simply awesome and is something I have really taken to doing with my AFGs...patching the Sine wave of A into B and then the Sine (or Tri) of B and feed it back into A. Then experiment between using Exp or Lin FM settings.

Your M13 seems to close a lot faster than mine, which tends to "ring" for a while longer. It's great when I want that, but when I don't I always have to fall back to a regular VCA. Maybe I need to give those trimpots a tweaking again.
consumed
felix wrote:
Oh yeah, the Dalek is awesome. I didn't have oscillators for the longest time, it was just the Dalek.
The FM sounds from cross modulation are simply awesome and is something I have really taken to doing with my AFGs...
patching the Sine wave of A into B and then the Sine (or Tri) of B and feed it back into A.
Then experiment between using Exp or Lin FM settings.

good tip, sometimes i forget about the fun in feedback patches.
its good to set some kind of really minimal modulation up between one of the paths.

Quote:
Your M13 seems to close a lot faster than mine, which tends to "ring" for a while longer

well im hitting the LPG with an envelope from the 143-1 with both A and R set to fully CCW, so try that and see what you get.
(im actually switching between two envelopes on the 143-1, one has a bit longer release, for the 'variation')
futuresoundsystems
Very nice track!!!
felix
felix wrote:
Your M13 seems to close a lot faster than mine, which tends to "ring" for a while longer

consumed wrote:
well im hitting the LPG with an envelope from the 143-1 with both A and R set to fully CCW, so try that and see what you get.
(im actually switching between two envelopes on the 143-1, one has a bit longer release, for the 'variation')

I must have messed up the trim pots on my M13. Saturday night I was at a friend's studio with the modular and it came time to use both sides of the M13 for something and I found the lower half really rings like crazy (even with the fastest possible attack and decay on the M10) and the top half barely rings at all. The top half sounded very similar to your demo here, but with even less ring to it.

I know there have been some posts of discrepancies in response by the two halves, but I'm sure nothing like this. I'm shuffling some modules around for the Z3ks VCOs, so I'll give those trip pots a tweaking tonight and figure it out.
Popski
That track is great!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1