MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Thoughts on Verbos Electronics
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Thoughts on Verbos Electronics
Jd1979
I am looking at getting a Verbos Electronics modular system, and wanted to get people’s thoughts, experiences, and opinions on them. This is the system I am getting. Please let me know what you think of VE.
Futuresound
This 110-page thread might have some information about that: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=102335&highlight=

cool
LTodd
Futuresound wrote:
This 110-page thread might have some information about that: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=102335&highlight=

cool

Haha, yeah the Verbos thread that's just a few lines below this one. That being said, I have the Harmonic Oscillator and really like it. Pairs well with a LPG for great bass lines, but can really open up with some modulation sources. Looks like a fun system.
Acquadar
Some Verbos modules are better than other. Best modules: Harmonic Oscillator, ATC, Multi Delay. Worst modules Dual four pole filter ( I've bought two and both where broken since the beginning. Super hiss noisy.) Scan&Pan (the sound it's not crystal clear at all). Random Sampling (right now the Sapel it's more powerful. Or Marbles if you want a Turingesque controlable random thing at half the price). Bark filter ( Fumana is more powerful).
Corrupt
Had everything they had done until a year or two ago. Had issues with at least three modules (CO, Voltage Multistage and Touchplate Keyboard). Had poor or late responses from them re: customer service – when they bothered to reply at all.

And when the modules were actually working, didn't hear anything that could compete sound-wise with the other oscillators, filters, mod sources etc. in my system. Sold the lot and haven't come close to regretting it.
LTodd
Corrupt wrote:
Had everything they had done until a year or two ago. Had issues with at least three modules (CO, Voltage Multistage and Touchplate Keyboard). Had poor or late responses from them re: customer service – when they bothered to reply at all.

And when the modules were actually working, didn't hear anything that could compete sound-wise with the other oscillators, filters, mod sources etc. in my system. Sold the lot and haven't come close to regretting it.

More specifics on this issues that you had would be helpful.
huffnPuff
Corrupt wrote:

I got burned with the CO too, and received zero support. I kept the ATC but won't be buying anything Verbos again.
huffnPuff
The problem with my CO is typical to early revisions - pitch and timbre instability that made it unusable for me. Sporadic fluctuations in between moments of stability rather than a slow, gradual drift.

It's a known issue they have never acknowledged, they did fix it in a later revision though.
geh2oman
I will say, I had a good customer service response for a Touchplate Keyboard that had an issue with receiving power from the euro header. This was a year ago, and it had come like that when I bought it but I had kind of put up with using the external power jack for a while. They had me ship it to their tech in NYC (paid by them) and I got it back a week or two later.

I happen to really like the Scan & Pan, it's a module I would never pass on and am thinking of getting a second of. It does get a little dirty, but that's a plus to me. It's incredibly versatile for its size. I also really like the Voltage Multistage, if you have the space for it and a fairly experimental bent to your playing/patching, it's amazing. Just definitely pair it with a dual attenuator/offset of some kind, especially if you're using it for sequencing. I used the ALM O/A/x2, personally.

That said, I had also experienced the CO problems, didn't appreciate that too much. Agree that the Bark Filter isn't the best option out there (I'm personally enamored with the Flame option). But I do also think that the Verbos stuff works better together than in a more disparate system, which is a shame considering the format expects a more diverse approach, but such are design choices.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1