MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Black Knobs - new forum about modulars
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Author Black Knobs - new forum about modulars
umma gumma
hawkfuzz wrote:
...have you used MI on your mobile device? It's just streamlined. Not saying MW doesn't work, but I have to zoom in to click links and sometimes the screen jumps and I click the wrong link. Sometimes I have to log in 3 times for it to stay logged in.

I get it, a flip phone still works, but a smartphone works better.

yes, I often use my phone to browse & post on muffs when I'm out of town. it works just fine for me, and I even have an older Samsung phone. it's not the "latest and greatest".

-->unlike the new MOOG website for example: which *is* the latest & greatest, and is a huge pain in the ass for me to use. it often freezes my browser
flippantminister
umma gumma wrote:
-->unlike the new MOOG website for example: which *is* the latest & greatest, and is a huge pain in the ass for me to use. it often freezes my browser

That new Moog site is an atrocity.
hawkfuzz
umma gumma wrote:
hawkfuzz wrote:
...have you used MI on your mobile device? It's just streamlined. Not saying MW doesn't work, but I have to zoom in to click links and sometimes the screen jumps and I click the wrong link. Sometimes I have to log in 3 times for it to stay logged in.

I get it, a flip phone still works, but a smartphone works better.

yes, I often use my phone to browse & post on muffs when I'm out of town. it works just fine for me, and I even have an older Samsung phone. it's not the "latest and greatest".

It is faulty af for me. Again, not saying it doesn't function but who doesn't love an update? It's no one's fault and the resources to do it aren't there, but I can't see how it would be a bad thing to have a board that is optimized for mobile browsing, doesn't log you out, and doesn't jump when you click links...
sduck
There's a thread in forum discussions about this - use that for further comments regarding MW usage
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=206966
BenA718
“Server cannot be found.”
That was quick!
sduck
Read back a few posts for the explanation.
motorhead412
umma gumma wrote:
yeah, maybe

KNOBGOBBLER

can't wait to earn my Knobgobbling with Experience tag.
Shledge
Knob Fondlers is a good name for it, if you want to make it extra greasy.

Fun fact, Nobber and Muff are towns in Ireland.
BenA718
sduck wrote:
Read back a few posts for the explanation.

Thanks!
exper
Too bad. I forgot all about it, and saw the link today. Went to check and it's gone.

I thinks its just too difficult to have anything that will really take off outside of MW. The best thing Mike could do, would be to crowd source the developers here, and write some content migration code to get everything from the old MW to a new, modern MW. It would be hard work to get it all right, but it would so be worth it.
hawkfuzz
This is what I suggest as well. I’d definitely chip in if there was a fund opened for that cause. I bet someone would.
BenA718
Building a community takes time! I wonder if there were very unrealistic expectations at play here.
cycad73
BenA718 wrote:
Building a community takes time! I wonder if there were very unrealistic expectations at play here.

It can work if you 1) fill an unmet need, 2) already have a core community who can sustain discussion on their own before getting the word out publicly, and 3) spread the word absolutely everywhere and on a frequent basis, until you see others taking up that role. I don't think the OP's venture met any of these criteria.

Also, underlying technology makes very little difference. While I prefer Discourse, I belong to several thriving communities that are doing just fine with Proboards and phpBB.
cptnal
The fact is there are loads of alternatives to Muff's out there, but have you ever read them? They're creepy! Like the Stepford Wigglers. (hides)

Everyone's super nice and everyone agrees with each other. Muff's might be the scene of the odd fight here and there, but if nothing else that reflects the diversity of the board and that people feel passionate about what they do. Hard to replicate by design.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Page 3 of 3