MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

[µTune] Outout velocity
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Author [µTune] Outout velocity
unitprunit
Hello, I'm trying to use the utune as a simple midi to cv converter. But I'm not succeeding in letting the utune send midi velocity through any of the cv outs.
When in CH1 simple config, I set CV-OUT to vel ch1, the CV OUT keeps transmitting midi note messages. The utune does recognize the incoming velocity signals (the digits on the far right in the midi monitor vary accordingly), but I cannot get it to transmit velocity by way of (any of) the CV OUT(S). What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
tubbutec
Hi,
which firmware version do you have running?

Alos try the following: Set CH1 CV-out to Pitch, Ch2 CV-out to Velocity channel 1
unitprunit
hello, thanks for the response!!
How can I check the firmware version?
As to your suggestion: I already tried this, but in this case, nothing is transmitted out of the CV OUT 2...

I suppose I have to update the firmware, but I have no micro sd card reader/writer. Is an update possible via midi or usb?

Thank you.
unitprunit
hello, I have updated the firmware to the latest version, but the problem persists: utune does not transmit velocity via CV out (1 or 2), although it recognizes it. Am I doing something wrong here? I'm quite disappointed, since this is a very basic function...
tubbutec
Hi,

µTune usually does this, so I suspect there is something wrong with your config.

Can you post your settings in the midi config and channel config?

It should be something like this:

Channel 1: CV-out: Pitch
Channel 2: CV-out: Velocity channel 1

Midi in channel 1: 1
Midi in channel 2: 2
Monophonic
unitprunit
Channel 2: CV-out: Velocity channel 1

Monophonic

These are the exact settings I tried. But the problem persists: no velocity out from the mutune. If I set CV out 1 to velocity, it keeps putting out midi note based CV. If CVout1=pitch, CVout2=vel ch1, then nothing comes out of CVout2.

I sent you a link to a video where I demonstrate the problem, via the contact form on the tubbutec website. Hope this makes it clear.
Phil999
I tested velocity and aftertouch CV outputs on channel 2, and they don't seem to work. Just for your information, it's not important for me because I can do it with another module. Also MIDI clock out doesn't seem to work.

But I tried these things for the first time. I may have missed something. I observed these settings:

Channel 2: CV-out: Velocity channel 1 (or aftertouch channel 1)

Monophonic

HW 17, FW 1.04. After the firmware update I did the 'reset to defaults', although there was no confirmation after hitting the knob.
tubbutec
Thanks a lot for reporting this. We will test this, (pretty sure we have in beta testing), but may be an obscure settings problem.
This will be fixed
tubbutec
Fw 1.05 now fixes the velocity issue:

https://tubbutec.de/%c2%b5tune-updates/
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Page 1 of 1