MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchla 100-200 SDIY resource pages
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Buchla 100-200 SDIY resource pages
fluxmonkey
just updated my website with info for 100-200 series historic buchla modules, aimed at SDIY folks... module descriptions, links to technical info and suppliers. Suggestions for links to additional resources welcome.

http://fluxmonkey.com/historicBuchla/BuchlaIndex.htm
Repeater
Digging the updates. Thanks, Bbob.

For those not already in the know, fluxmonkey's DIY Buchla PCBs are consistently good quality and laid out well. Thanks again for designing and making 'em.

I regret not cracking open the 113 and 120 when I had the chance. Would love to see schematics for 'em.
numan7
excellent work, fluxmonkey!

i think i see i typo on the model 114 page where you wrote "attach" but intended to write "attack", i suspect.


cheers
dksynth
Loving ever-increasing interest in 100 series .... makes me hopeful I'll end up with a recreation / clone sooner rather than later!
rampy
Is there any detailed info on the 101 cabinet? Interior shots, dimensions other than the overall/exterior numbers, technical drawings?
numan7
rampy wrote:
Is there any detailed info on the 101 cabinet? Interior shots, dimensions other than the overall/exterior numbers, technical drawings?


which ones - sftmc or cbs?

i have a bottom cabinet from the latter era. kind of a pain if you desire a mixture of 100 and 200 series (since the wooden rails are too thick to accomodate most, if not all, 200 series modules), but looks sort of nice (if you're into walnut veneer).


cheers
Peake
If you do Lazertran laserjet printer water-slide decals onto blank Buchla 1U panels here is a collection of artwork for currently available projects/PCBs from fluxmonkey and myself. His PCBs are professionally fabricated; mine are home-etch DIY:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=194799

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=194800
rampy
numan7 wrote:


which ones - sftmc or cbs?

i have a bottom cabinet from the latter era. kind of a pain if you desire a mixture of 100 and 200 series (since the wooden rails are too thick to accomodate most, if not all, 200 series modules), but looks sort of nice (if you're into walnut veneer).


cheers


I really like the look of the CBS cabinets and have thought about building replicas for my 200 clones, but I can't find any detailed info.
numan7
i'll try to take some pictures and make a few diagrams showing internal and external dimensions of the cbs-era lower cabinet tonight-or-soon then, rampy.


cheers
numan7
w00t and here are some cbs-era buchla 100 series bottom cabinet pictures:


(front view)


(top view)


(side view)


(rear view)


(bottom view)


(top view, left side detail showing angle of upper rail)

i hope they are helpful for Buchla 100 SDIYers. please let me know if anyone would like me to measure any other dimensions.


cheers
rampy
numan7 wrote:
w00t and here are some cbs-era buchla 100 series bottom cabinet pictures:



numan7, you are TOO awesome!! Thank you! Rockin' Banana!
numan7
thumbs up np, glad i could be of help!

let me know here (or via pm) if anything isn't clear, or if you need any other measurements taken.

i do suggest using sheet metal instead of wood for the inner rails if you're planning to install 200 series clones (many of which have pcbs that are almost as tall and wide as their panels) in a cabinet like this. in the top picture, you can see the gouge-job i had to do just to make a slightly customized 100-series module fit (it took multiple hours and made my wrists rather sore between all the planing and sanding of the wood - probably should have just purchased a router with an end-mill bit for that task).


cheers
J3RK
fluxmonkey wrote:
just updated my website with info for 100-200 series historic buchla modules, aimed at SDIY folks... module descriptions, links to technical info and suppliers. Suggestions for links to additional resources welcome.

http://fluxmonkey.com/historicBuchla/BuchlaIndex.htm


Nice site!
fluxmonkey
I have posted a few incremental updates to my Buchla 100/200 series documentation site: http://fluxmonkey.com/historicBuchla/BuchlaIndex.htm - mostly new pictures and a couple of the rarer modules that I'd missed at first. I hope these are helpful as more folks are doing 100-series builds; and that folks will contribute new insights (corrections, build notes etc.) as we gain understanding of these circuits.

Also, new PCBs are available for the 110 VC Gate and 180 AD Generator circuits: http://fluxmonkey.com/fluxmerch_buchla.htm
guitarfool
numan7 wrote:
w00t and here are some cbs-era buchla 100 series bottom cabinet pictures:


THANKS!

Now we just need the top cabinet...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group