MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

4ms Pods
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author 4ms Pods
Charles_Tanios
Seen on IG this evening:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BokO6-OAK_X/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igs hid=18l0pcv0cyzjf

Could be an interesting concept, I wonder what kind of power it use...

Seems they could be daisychain...
Futuresound
I can see using these for big modules that i want to use sometimes but not always - my Voltage Memory for example, or SMR.

Or for using in the office grin
nickgrys
Looks cool. A fun way to limit yourself, by selecting a few modules from a larger system to play with. Or just build small focused system.Also a nice overflow case when you fill your main case and can't stop buying. I'm guessing the power is based off their real power just in a custom package to fit these boxes.
behndy
more deets -

https://audionewsroom.net/2018/10/4ms-pods-new-eurorack-micro-enclosur es-line.html
exper
Too bad they stopped at 32hp. If this could have fit some of the larger, common sequencers like Metropolis, Rene or Eloquencer, they’d sell a TON more.
Hovercraft
exper wrote:
Too bad they stopped at 32hp. If this could have fit some of the larger, common sequencers like Metropolis, Rene or Eloquencer, they’d sell a TON more.

Maybe they're waiting to see how successful these are, before expanding to more sizes. A range of sizes up to 84HP would be great--there's a lack of small lightweight skiffs on the market.
Mikeyg3k
wish they'd make one of these for the new 2hp module I just got.
Dragonaut
I like the concept but was hoping for something with a lid I could just throw in my bag and take to the coffee shop. I’ll still be grabbing one of these. Hopefully they make a 36hp one for the rainmaker I don’t want to put in my main case.
in_sherman
waiting for the 2hp version coming out thumbs up thumbs up
Cybananna
I like it. Would be great to take a few more modules for my live case without having to bring a whole row of additional modules. More options.
batch
Great for building and testing DIY modules too.
hawkfuzz
Hovercraft wrote:
exper wrote:

Maybe they're waiting to see how successful these are, before expanding to more sizes. A range of sizes up to 84HP would be great--there's a lack of small lightweight skiffs on the market.

I think the idea is for people who perhaps want just one or two modules specifically without purchasing a rack. Like a universal case for any module was the vibe I got from it.
Joe.
Nice thumbs up

They must have invested heaps in new equipment, for tapping those mounting holes. I love the simplified approach, looks perfect for battery/portable skiffs.
Funky40
prices look ok.

will be very welcome to have one or two of those things around.

hope i can squeeze in a reflex live loop. That would be very welcome.
starthief
Nice! This will be good for overflow or controllers or all sorts of things.
Superaction80
exper wrote:

I think they designed it specifically to fit their range of modules. That said, it seems that there is already a 32hp case in the doepfer beauty case. Maybe the 32hp pod will have more than 200ma under the hood though, which is all the doepfer has.
MindMachine
Plus, if not mistaken, the Beauty Case is Deeeeep.
Superaction80
MindMachine wrote:

Yeah. The pods look pretty shallow.
JohnLRice
behndy wrote:
more deets -

https://audionewsroom.net/2018/10/4ms-pods-new-eurorack-micro-enclosur es-line.html
thumbs up
Quote:
The retail price of the cases will break down unpowered/powered as:

20HP: $55/$99
26HP: $60/$109
32HP: $65/$119
JohnLRice
Superaction80 wrote:
MindMachine wrote:

Yeah. The pods look pretty shallow.
Looking at the picture below it seems that the depth is probably not much more than a buss board power connector? The angle of the picture makes it hard for know for sure but I'll guess the Pods are approximately 30 mm deep? hmmm.....
mackster
These look like they’ll be really useful for gigs, but I hope they do lids as well!
JohnLRice
mackster wrote:
These look like they’ll be really useful for gigs, but I hope they do lids as well!
I bet once we know the dimensions we'll be able to find soft gig bag cases that fit nearly perfect, or at least well enough? Besides protecting the entire Pod there are pockets for power supplies and cables etc. and make carrying the tiny rig by itself or tossing it in a larger bag/backpack mostly carefree? (don't forget to buy some right angled patch cables too! cool )

For instance the two smallest Gator G-MIXERBAG SERIES bags are 8.25″ X 6.25″ X 2.75″ ($25) and 9" x 9" x 2.75" ($30) and might work for the one or both of the larger Pods?
https://gatorcases.com/mixer-bags-lightweight-cases/

-S.L-
the depth is a big issue here, only very skiff friendly modules will fit in there, I wanted a separate box for my USB/MIDI modules (Malekko Sync & Endorphins Shuttle Control), but none of them will fit.

too bad d'oh!
Seaweed Sound
Interesting design.. reminds me of the old ARP Modular Synthesizer Lab

Dragonaut
Depth will be an issue for me as well since my idea is to slap some Expert Sleepers gear in there to maximize space. 53mm....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 1 of 7