MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Cheap delay modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Cheap delay modules
ThanosF
I've had it with all these really expensive delay modules. I don't need to loop stuff and do anything exotic. Just a good sounding delay. Please recommend me a few good ones, lets say till 200e.
mdoudoroff
2hp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tshUY_BG4A8
Plumbstone
Disting has a few, clockable and tape delays as well as chorus/flanger etc...

Sounds great and has a billion other thing it can do too...
uebl
There's also the WMD/SSF Dplr, which is even sort of "stereo" (1in, 2out). Costs ~165€, 4hp and is quite capable. The only thing that's missing imho is a clock input and/or tap tempo, but I guess that's too much to ask for given it's size.
OrpHologram
+1 for 2hp. Pico DSP has a delay as well plus some other basic stereo effects that can come in handy.
Urubu
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/alright-devices-chronoblob

Chronoblob from alright devices seams like an awesome module.
cptnal
+1 for Disting. Back-of-a-fag-packet calculation says that, even if you only used it as a delay, it would cost £35 per algorithm. So, whatever that is in guilders.... MY ASS IS BLEEDING
electricfence
I really like the sound of my Dreadbox White Line Echo. I also think the DPLR is great -- especially for it's size. I tried to love my Pico DSP, but the delays on it just don't do it for me. Still, it is small and cheap.
brandonlogic
Pick up a used MI warps (I see them go under $200 used)and load parasites firmware. One of my favorite delays, it’s amazing.
Random63
MFB Delay, has some great features and is really cheap.
DeltaTucanae
This is probably right up your alley.

https://noisereap.com/product/dub-delay/
joem
I have a Disting mk1 that I use only as a delay. I need my delay clockable, so it's perfect. (Though I'm considering a newer Disting or a Chronoblob to get a longer delay time.)
Chopper
brandonlogic wrote:
Pick up a used MI warps (I see them go under $200 used)and load parasites firmware. One of my favorite delays, it’s amazing.

THIS.

this this this this this this this this THIS!

i have used most of the others mentionned, and still, THIS. and that is even without taking into account the gazillions things WARPS can do.
ThanosF
Chopper wrote:
brandonlogic wrote:

THIS.

this this this this this this this this THIS!

i have used most of the others mentioned, and still, THIS. and that is even without taking into account the gazillions things WARPS can do.

But guys is Warps a delay module? I mean it does some crazy things but delay? Not sure about that. Maybe I'm missing something.
Also to get this conversation going:
- I loved the Chronoblob so far my favourite from the proposed ones.
- Any good old delay from Doepfer?
- I can't find any video with sound from the MFB Delay module.
- I don't like the Distinct module, I get it why it's popular but I'm not into digging menus guys. Why would I be into modular if I had to do that?
- The DPLR delay is also kinda cool. It's definitely on my list.
- Last question because the Dreadbox White Line Echo was mentioned. I'm getting the Erebus in a few months from a friend. Would the ECHO be useful to use with my modular synth? It only receives CV for the delay time I think.
Chopper
Warps, with the free Parasite alternative firmware, can do much much more, including 4 different delay types....
electricfence
ThanosF wrote:

- Last question because the Dreadbox White Line Echo was mentioned. I'm getting the Erebus in a few months from a friend. Would the ECHO be useful to use with my modular synth? It only receives CV for the delay time I think.

It's true that the Echo only has CV control over delay, and so it probably isn't the most "modular" option out there. But as far as an end-of-chain delay, it just sounds really good (to me). It is supposed to be the same delay circuit as on the Erebus, so if you're familiar with the latter, then that might help you in your deliberations.
natureclubcassettes
so far the disting is the best suggestion Warps parasite is cool unless you need to clock your delay.

the cheapest option: Boss DD-7... you can even clock it with CV

if you have a shapeshifter or an erbe-verb both can be used as clocked delays
medium Rob
+5 for the Disting. "Menu" is a bit of a reach - it's two knob presses, turn the encoder to D2, and you've got a usable "tape" delay, with quick control over speed (to flange) and length. Once you know which algorithm is what, the interface is near effortless / unconscious to navigate.
tebs213
The DPLR is so lovely, absolutely recommended
chvad
Old school recommendation: sound of shadows. Been in my rack for years.
ZenitSar
Delays usually aren't cheap for one thing. Just get a Chronoblob and enjoy the knobs on a dedicated piece of hardware.
BrokenBo
https://feedback-modules.myshopify.com/products/1bit-multitap-delay

200 euro is not expensive for a multi tap delay.
JakoGreyshire
I'm not sure how good it is but, I've been looking at this one for a while...
Its got two PT2399s in series and multiple feeback loop pots...

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/nonlinearcircuits-delay-no-more-magpie-w hite-panel

I think most people find these chips to have some grit to them.. That dirt or grit may or may not be desirable.. It is a cheap delay module though and probably pretty fun too..

Tumulishroomaroom
I love delays, big and expensive, I also love the DPLR. It's permanently on the send return of my Performance Mixer. Adds wide stereo, the internal filter can tame the noise (if you want) the sounds it makes while being modulated are great, the feedback is great, love it. Bags of character !
Drakhe
BrokenBo wrote:
https://feedback-modules.myshopify.com/products/1bit-multitap-delay

200 euro is not expensive for a multi tap delay.

Seconded!! This is an absolute wonderous delay for a stunning low price (it's a massive 3 pcb module!)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2