MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Last 3 HP... Trying to figure out what to put there.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Last 3 HP... Trying to figure out what to put there.
Skamgdi
Whats up everyone! So in a little over 2 months i have pretty much totally filled my Rackbrute 6u case. I have 3 hp left and looking for some help on what to put there.

The rack brute is advertised as 88 hp when it actually has 89 hp in each row so you get 1 hp bonus per row(depending on faceplate sizes)

Attached is a picture of the current rack setup. I know that i need some Utilities to go there and i have 2 choices 2hp modules or erica synths pico modules

here are my top choices and im wondering what you guys would recommend(maybe something diffrent than listed)

1)Pico SEQS Sequential Switch
2)Erica Synths Pico Logic
(i have no s&h so that probably will be important for more control of the Uscale... hmm)
3)2hp S+H Sample and Hold (Black)
4)Erica Synths Pico Mask Advanced Random CV Generator

lisa
Ivan, a great tube distortion module: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/bard-ivan
cptnal
Here's a wild card I just ordered...

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/cfm-bhwr-rectifier

(Caveat emptor: I don't have it yet, so it may be crap zombie but the DivKid video suggests otherwise.)
Rex Coil 7
lisa wrote:

Not bad ... not bad at all. $70!

So Member *lisa ... we reach! (has hell frozen over?) lol
srogers
Pico RND might be a good fit for that rack!
Skamgdi
srogers wrote:
Pico RND might be a good fit for that rack!

thanks i will have a look
lisa
Rex Coil 7 wrote:

Heh, what? hmmm.....
Skamgdi
lisa wrote:
Rex Coil 7 wrote:

Heh, what? hmmm.....

Lisa thanks also i took a look at IVAN
strangegravity
S&H for sure
cptnal
lisa wrote:
Rex Coil 7 wrote:

Heh, what? hmmm.....

I get it. It's the wonderful world of modular, where even polar opposites can find something in common. Hug
Rex Coil 7
cptnal wrote:
lisa wrote:
Rex Coil 7 wrote:

Heh, what? hmmm.....

I get it. It's the wonderful world of modular, where even polar opposites can find something in common. Hug
Member *cptnal you hit the nail squarely on the head. Good catch!

Thank you for articulating my point. we're not worthy
lisa
Ah, ok. I don’t pay much attention to which users I’m discussing with so I didn’t know that we’re worlds apart, Rex Coil 7. w00t
Blairio
lisa wrote:

Darn. I thought I'd bought my last module, and now this. It sounds great, looks great, and the price is great. Darn!

On a (slightly) similar vein, are there any 2HP or 3HP wave folders out there? Something like a uFold, but half the size?

Blair edit: And now it is out of stock. Darn!
Rex Coil 7
lisa wrote:
Ah, ok. I don’t pay much attention to which users I’m discussing with so I didn’t know that we’re worlds apart, Rex Coil 7. w00t
"worlds apart" is far too dramatic of a way to put things.

Look, all I was pointing out is that you and I see things differently many times (even though I've not seen any need to make a stink about it). Just because we haven't had ugly open conflicts doesn't mean we're of the same mind as one another.

IMPORTANT:
I'm not being critical of you, and I don't believe I have in the past (I'm also NOT accusing you of having been critical of me either ... so let's nip that in the bud before someone other than you or I tries to start any trouble).

All I was attempting to convey was that you and I both see the Ivan tube based module as something useful, even though we don't always see things the same way. Just because I've never made an effort to "get in your face" over things I've disagreed with you over doesn't mean I've always had the same point of view as you on a given issue or opinion.

It was humor. "We reach" is a quote from the original Star Trek series of the 1960s taken from one particular episode where that phrase was used regularly to acknowledge that two or more people understood one another. I'm known to reference pop culture when I'm posting. My comment about "hell freezing over" was acknowledging that I have espoused different opinions then those which you have expressed on given issues.

No "worlds apart", no negative posturing, no finger pointing. I was simply mocking "the human condition" and highlighting the fact that common interests have a way of bringing people with differing viewpoints together.

I don't want this to become a runaway train of an issue or something that gets totally out of control. I was simply making a joke, while pointing out that often times things people have in common become overshadowed by things that people differ on.

Adults are able to espouse differing opinions and agreeing to disagree. That said, I've never seen a reason to make a "big deal" about our differing points of view. But we're not "worlds apart". I'd prefer to keep it that way (that is to say ... NOT worlds apart).

thumbs up
Rex Coil 7
Blairio wrote:
lisa wrote:

Darn. I thought I'd bought my last module...
lol .. the addiction is ceaseless ..
lisa
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
"worlds apart" is far too dramatic of a way to put things.

Ok! I just thought that since cptnal said that we're "polar opposites" and you said that he "hit the nail squarely on the head" that my wording was in the ballpark too. In fact, to me, "worlds apart" is less strong of an description than "polar opposites".

No issue though! I just misinterpreted what was said.

Quote:
Just because we haven't had ugly open conflicts doesn't mean we're of the same mind as one another.

True. But as I stated, I can't remember who I've had heated arguments with on the forum so I wouldn't know anyway.

Quote:
"We reach" is a quote from the original Star Trek series of the 1960s taken from one particular episode where that phrase was used regularly to acknowledge that two or more people understood one another.

Ah, sorry I didn't get the 60s Star Trek reference. I thought you perhaps just had a stroke. grin
Skamgdi
So hmm yall are just going to hijack this thread into your personal squabbles? LMAO seriously, i just don't get it my man rex didnt even give a recommendation he is just in here because he had to say something to lisa. hihi hihi

On another note I think i might get the S&H. im thinking (tell me if im wrong) that the S&H will help me dial in melodies with the uscale
lisa
This is our thread now boy and we don’t take kindly to laughing one’s ass off. Redneck

But yeah, a S&H goes well with a quantizer.
Foghorn
Your thread? confused

I would have to agree with Skamgdi.

Erica Pico RND

or Pico drums, or Pico SEQ, or Pico TG (this one is actually pretty cool)

foghorn
corpusjonsey
Blank panel.
Skamgdi
lisa wrote:
This is our thread now boy and we don’t take kindly to laughing one’s ass off. Redneck

But yeah, a S&H goes well with a quantizer.

I dont take well to you calling me boy im a grown ass man little girl... thanks for the info!! hihi hihi
ToddOMG
The new 2hp OSC for utility, some sort of waveshaper/mangler.
pugix
corpusjonsey wrote:
Blank panel.

This. Spend some time using the rack before you decide. In my experience what can often happen is that I find some module I could do without or replace with a similar function but with different features. Then, instead of 3hp, you might have more to play with.
Phitar
lisa wrote:

I wonder what the lifespan is for a fluorescent display used as a mini triode tube (and a display)? Neat idea! Euro designers amaze me daily.
ersatzplanet
Light your rig at the gig or power your outboard gear that uses USB power. Sold with two lamps (US$65), or without Lamps (US$50).

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2