MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Problem with doepfer A-139-2 headphone out module
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Problem with doepfer A-139-2 headphone out module
cwhoffman
For some reason I’ve got this problem with this new (used) doepfer A-139-2 headphone module I just got. When I plug/unplug the headphones it powers the whole rack off. Also I thought this was supposed to be stereo out but it’s hard for me to get stereo out, is it only stereo with one input? And I can hear feedback or something, like a faint high pitch noise, that changes pitch when you move the position of the module in the rack. So bizarre. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5ppB1uGvck
Shledge
Check if it's not near anything that can cause a short.
cwhoffman
i just don't see where i could be shorting, so i tried moving it to the other side of the rack all by its self but it still didn't help.
Shledge
Is it plugged in the correct way?
sienisetä
In 1 is normaled to in 2 so no stereo unless both inputs are in use. I have one too, I don't think mine powers the rack down like yours but I can check.
cwhoffman
as far as i can tell everything is plugged in the right way. and actually when i move it further down the rack away from everything it doesn't seem to have as much of an effect, like it'll still obviously have an effect when i plug/unplug the head phones, like lights on the modules and the zues will flicker and the mode that plaits is in will jump slightly for a split second but it won't fully turn the rack off and on. I'm mostly worried about damaging my modules on accident. thank you guys for your input
Shledge
Something must be shorting, a module normally can't take down an entire modular in that way.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1