From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord, sduck

mritenburg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mritenburg » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:13 pm

Last edited by mritenburg on Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:22 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Kent
Large Member

Post by Kent » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:27 pm

Is this in 3u or 4u?

mritenburg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mritenburg » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:44 pm

Last edited by mritenburg on Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sempervirent
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by sempervirent » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:12 pm

If you're going to use someone else's graphics it would be nice to ask permission first... in this case you've borrowed the knob graphics from my Buchla module mockups in order to sell something of your own design.

mritenburg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mritenburg » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:18 pm

mritenburg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mritenburg » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:06 am

huffnPuff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by huffnPuff » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:29 am

So what sempervirent just did was list the module as his own, take the picture down and lock it.
:deadbanana:

Besides being a bully you are also abusing modular grid - an asset the entire community and your own business benefit. Not a smart move.
:eek: :eek: :mad: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

mritenburg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mritenburg » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:47 am

Last edited by mritenburg on Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

huffnPuff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by huffnPuff » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:08 pm

Bravo sempervirent for using modulargrid as a weapon. I reported that in the relevant thread.
:eek: :eek: :mad: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

x2mirko
Veteran Wiggler

Post by x2mirko » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:56 pm

I can see why sempervirent could think that these knobs are copied - they're similar, but that's also because the graphics are simple. They certainly aren't identical (e.g. the middle part is definitely different), but if one was already suspicious, one could assume you copied knobs from their picture and changed them just slightly.

edit: This was written under false assumptions - the mobile device I looked at the images with must've scaled the image wrong or something - anyways, I don't see a difference, either.

I also think it's an absurd overreaction from them, but instead of everyone escalating this further and getting aggressive about it, maybe you could just put up an image with some other or slightly changed knobs? It's not like the knobs are the important part.

Then they'll have to shut up about it and this can move forward in peace? :despair:
Last edited by x2mirko on Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:22 pm

... hol'up hol'up hol'up ... stop the damn bus ... wait a second here ... I'm probably too stupid to understand what's going on here. But is this major hissy fit panty wedgie all about party#1 (sempervirent) claiming that party#2 (mritenburg) used an image of party#1's knobs in party#2's rendering of a module panel?

So all of this is over some fucking knobs? :hmm:

I feel as though I'm missing something here. :despair:

Actually, I'm not feeling like I'm missing something ... I'm totally confused is it what it is!

Put it up?

Took it down?

Locked?

Somehow sullied Modular Grid?

Bullied?

Say what?

:hmm: :doh: :despair:
Never Quit, Die Falling Forward
5U PROJECT - (skip pages 4 through 6, boring junk) ... https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... highlight=

sempervirent
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by sempervirent » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:27 pm

Thanks for the diplomatic response @x2mirko

As for @Rex it's a lot of work to design and manufacture modules and every aspect of the process is time-consuming and important to the finished product.

I've responded in the Euro subforum and that's all I have to say about this for now.

jersupereq
Common Wiggler

Post by jersupereq » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:34 pm

I'm so confused by this argument, everyone is copying buchla's panel style. Arn't they the only ones that would have a real reason to be upset?

flts
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flts » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:39 pm

So basically...

We've come to the point, where there's an online quarrel / dispute, because using the very same style knob images in a mockup of a non-profit panel that aims to look like it would be a Don Buchla design, as in other person's previous designs, that aim to look like they would be a Don Buchla designs, both of which are panels for something chiefly / wholly designed by someone else, just adapted to look like Don Buchla's designs because people want their synths to look like Don Buchla wanted to when he was aliv... Um. I lost track already.

(Thanks to mirko for being easy-going and sensible, this doesn't need to be a fight of principle as they're just mockups, I'm wondering why this was brought out to public in the first place as it probably could have been solved with a simple PM ...)

Can we talk about taco sauce recipes instead like on the other subforums or is that forbidden? Do people have any good ones? I'm an amateur when it comes to that, just did some tomato relish from homegrown tomatoes but guessing that's going to be pretty vinegar'y for that specific purpose...

flts
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flts » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:02 pm

Btw.
x2mirko wrote:I can see why sempervirent could think that these knobs are copied - they're similar, but that's also because the graphics are simple. They certainly aren't identical (e.g. the middle part is definitely different)
You certainly have better eye than I do. One is Grayscale MSV mockup, another the Furthrrrr repanel mockup, both from MG. Can you tell which is which? No peeking on which one has the worse compression artifacts on MG as that (and my laziness to put both to exact same scale) are the major differences I see here.

Looking at the details in the zoomed images, it seems pretty unlikely that they are two different images made by two different people from scratch, unless one of the designers was looking at the other designers' work very closely trying to replicate the look to a pixel level including the exact shape of the arc. And was very skilled at doing it.

Sorry for butting in for something that isn't really my business, and how about the taco sauce recipes?

stuartsayes
Learning to Wiggle

Buchla style panel for Furthrrrr Generator

Post by stuartsayes » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:06 pm

mritenburg

I'm super into this panel, any more info?

stuartsayes
Learning to Wiggle

Post by stuartsayes » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:28 pm

so, are there ANY gray panels available or in the works for the Furthrrrr?

very confused at the moment...

flts
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flts » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:46 am

stuartsayes wrote:so, are there ANY gray panels available or in the works for the Furthrrrr?

very confused at the moment...
The info in the first post is correct - the "Buchla style" panel in the picture should be in preproduction and coming up soon, probably best to PM mritenburg and express interest / ask for pricing.

The debate in the thread is just about some of the visual elements used in the "mockup" image and not the final panel, so I would assume / hope it won't affect the production of the panel in any way.

x2mirko
Veteran Wiggler

Post by x2mirko » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:47 am

flts wrote:Btw.
x2mirko wrote:I can see why sempervirent could think that these knobs are copied - they're similar, but that's also because the graphics are simple. They certainly aren't identical (e.g. the middle part is definitely different)
You certainly have better eye than I do. One is Grayscale MSV mockup, another the Furthrrrr repanel mockup, both from MG. Can you tell which is which?
You are absolutely right. I'm a bit confused because before I wrote that post, I zoomed into the original image above and the middle of the knobs was all blurred out (more than was to be expected from the lower resolution). I don't know what was going on there, maybe bad scaling by my browser/device. But now that I'm doing the same operation on my pc, I don't see differences, either. I stand corrected.

flts
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flts » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:49 am

^- Thanks, and I hope I didn't come across as (too) sarcastic in my reply before. It was pretty late at night, being tired I was genuinely perplexed whether there were some minute differences I simply couldn't see even with a zoom.

(And pretty annoyed I couldn't find any :lol: )

Pailo
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Pailo » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:36 pm

... it makes me laugh that people just take other peoples
work and then call them bullies....

jersupereq
Common Wiggler

Post by jersupereq » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:06 pm

flts wrote:Can we talk about taco sauce recipes instead like on the other subforums or is that forbidden? Do people have any good ones? I'm an amateur when it comes to that, just did some tomato relish from homegrown tomatoes but guessing that's going to be pretty vinegar'y for that specific purpose...

mritenburg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Buchla style panel for Furthrrrr Generator

Post by mritenburg » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:58 pm

mritenburg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mritenburg » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:01 pm

bartelswashere
Common Wiggler

Furthrrr panel!

Post by bartelswashere » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:18 pm

mritenburg
Hey! I am very interested in a panel for a furthrrr!
Let me know what i need to do and when!

Return to “Music Tech DIY”