MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

[µTune] Scale based on freuqency not cents
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Author [µTune] Scale based on freuqency not cents
10 Miles High
Hello,

my uTune just arrived. I would like to set up a scale which is not based on intervals or divisions, but on frequencies in Hertz. One of the "notes" will be 432 Hz, so probably I can pick it as my center frequency.

But how should a approach my goal from there? I am speaking of the chakra frequencies, which I only know in Hz. So far I don't see input fields in Hz on the module (although it reads and displays its inputs in Hz).

thanks for any hints

10 Mh
tubbutec
Hi

first of all: usually there is no direct feedback between the frequency of the VCO and the voltage output of the µTune. So you will need to use the tuner to set up your VCO correctly.
This will change with the upcoming autotuning feature, but here I am describing an open loop approach.

Play any note that you wont to have 432 Hz. Using µTune's tuner, adjust the frequency of your VCO to 432Hz.
If you want to create a scale for specific frequencies, have a look at :
http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-centsratio.htm
10 Miles High
Thank you very much!

Will check this now

10 Mh
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Page 1 of 1