MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Whats your fav module for mashing up modulation sources
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Whats your fav module for mashing up modulation sources
0BSRVR
I've been mixing modulation from batumi into a ModDemix and getting pretty good results. But last night I had a wiggle and used Frames instead and was getting some insane stuff out of my Spectrum/Warps combo. It's got me wanting to re arrange my entire case and try to squeeze Frames in. So before I do that I thought I would ask everyone here.

What is your favorite eurorack module for mixing modulation sources into complex modulation voltages?

My top 3:

WMD Triple Bipolar VCA
Mutable Frames
MN ModDemix

Cheers
lisa
Happy Nerding 3xMIA springs to mind.
batch
Vector Space
0BSRVR
Armstrb wrote:
Vector Space

Damn, that thing looks interesting. Wish it was smaller.
OlivierWah
Nlc let's Splosh its what you search :

http://nonlinearcircuits.blogspot.com/2018/04/lets-splosh.html
bemushroomed
I use Plannar. But I prefer when i can make wild modulations on the module itself, Wobbler, PEG..
gonkulator
These are three I have found most useable so far:

4ms VCA Matrix
Lowgain CVP-1
Livestock MIR
0BSRVR
Yeah, I've been eyeing the wobbler for a bit now. I'm pretty heavy on LFOs though with a Batumi and PDO. I have a FoH Choices laying around. Was thinking about selling it and upgrading to a Plannar 2 for that CV recording.

bemushroomed wrote:
I use Plannar. But I prefer when i can make wild modulations on the module itself, Wobbler, PEG..
exper
Intellijel uMod 2: Sum, diff, min, max and mult. The best sounding ring mod also is a CV funhouse. No idea why this module is not in every rack.

Rabid Elephant Knobs: precise attenuversion, offset, slew, rectifying and crossfading. Built like a fine watch.

quadratt/triatt: reliable mixing/attenuversion and offset.
Parnelli
I don't mix CV often, but when I do I generally use Maths.
cptnal
Mixers in general, but especially those with bonus outputs, like rectification or min/max. So I have SISM and Samara, and Blinds is in there for good measure. Also need to get into the habit of using the Mix 04 more for modulation (currently usually on audio duties). Of course, the humble VCA goes without saying...
Rex Coil 7
Wave folders do psycho things to modulation signals. As do quad VCA/Mixers
in_sherman
Jag, nlc diff-rec, cold mac (analog min, max, xfade, etc)
Carrousel
Blinds is perfect for this. 4 mixable, DC-coupled, balanced modulators (ie ring mods, or bipolar VCAs...whatever you wanna call ‘em) with attenuvertors for both carrier and modulator inputs. The attenuvertor for the carrier is normalled to +5/-5V. Genius design.
pieter
Raven_Martin wrote:
Blinds is perfect for this. 4 mixable, DC-coupled, balanced modulators (ie ring mods, or bipolar VCAs...whatever you wanna call ‘em) with attenuvertors for both carrier and modulator inputs. The attenuvertor for the carrier is normalled to +5/-5V. Genius design.

This! Blinds is my go-to module for modulating CV.
TemplarK
Intresting i'll have to try mixing Cv with my Moddemix! nice tip! Do you use it for FM oscillators or into filters or what should i try with this technique?
brandonlogic
doepfer A-185-2 is my go to for this
gonkulator
exper wrote:

Rabid Elephant Knobs: precise attenuversion, offset, slew, rectifying and crossfading. Built like a fine watch.

Yer killin me. I wish I had a couple of them.

I forgot about Blinds, or really any mixing, cascadable VCA, like the Quad VCA. I usually use them as individual channels, so didn't even think about them.
cg_funk
Another vote for MI Blinds. thumbs up

Blinds is my goto for CV mixing. Bipolar, quad, and cascadable, with gain of 2X. I find the layout is really clean too.
gentle_attack
exper wrote:
Intellijel uMod 2: Sum, diff, min, max and mult. The best sounding ring mod also is a CV funhouse. No idea why this module is not in every rack.

Because MATHS.

Although that is a cool little module too - though I don't think it's part of their current lineup.
hinterlands303
uMod 2 is where it's at for LFO mangling. I have it sitting right next to Batumi for this reason. I also occasionally use the Doepfer a-185-2 Precision Adder for cv mixing - the switches make for some really fun on-the-fly variations inversions etc.

I don't have it anymore but the NLC Neuron/Difference Rectifier was really fun as well. I might pick one up again when I eventually add another row.
andrewhuang
4ms VCA Matrix for controlled, NLC Let's Splosh for cray
placebo92
If I had the space for it it would be The Bends by Warmstar. For now using what I got: Malekko IMX, Intellijel Unity, Vnicursal vca.
Pighood
Dead Banana
andrewhuang wrote:
4ms VCA Matrix for controlled

Got a pair of em
JakoGreyshire
I would like to get my hands on this for mashing up modulation sources...

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3