MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DIY case questions
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author DIY case questions
Drilldoughzer
Hi,

I assembled a Busboy 9000 and I’m going to build a frequency Central Power.

I will have 9 power connectors and want to use a small travel case.

1-Any one has an idea for a small and cheap 3u or 4u travel enclosure?

2-I also want to put a switch. Do I solder a normal spst switch between the positive power barrel and the positive FC power?

Thanx!
Rex Coil 7
Drilldoughzer wrote:
2-I also want to put a switch. Do I solder a normal spst switch between the positive power barrel and the positive FC power?

Thanx!
Use a DPDT switch between the pos barrel and pos FC power AND the "negatives" of the barrel and FC.
Drilldoughzer
I can’t find the polarity with my multi-meter on my wall wart and the info is not on the item’s site...
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B079Z9GWK1/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid =A69AV496N6XI8&psc=1

I have contacted the reseller but didn’t got any responses...

Any insights?
Drilldoughzer
Can I asume that the center pin is positive? Dead Banana
bobsynth
No, if you look at the advert it is an AC to 12V AC adaptor, hence you cannot measure any polarity. Try your meter on AC range.

Do not connect it to anything expecting a DC supply other wise you probably will let the smoke genies out

Bob
bobsynth
Quick follow up, if its the Frequency Central Microbus power supply that does require a 12V AC input as if has rectifier diodes fitted.

As previous poster said best to fit a double pole switch isolating both connections.

Cheers,

Bob
Drilldoughzer
bobsynth wrote:
No, if you look at the advert it is an AC to 12V AC adaptor, hence you cannot measure any polarity. Try your meter on AC range.

Do not connect it to anything expecting a DC supply other wise you probably will let the smoke genies out

Bob

So I can’t use this power supply?
Drilldoughzer
From the FC manual
« I recommend a 1000mA 12VAC wallwart for best results. »
Drilldoughzer
I found a small, smelly and old suitcase that would have 1 row of 64 hp...

Is it a good size for a little bus board with only 9 connectors?

I know that depends on what is going to be in that case but the max power will be: 500mA at +/- 12V and 100mA at +5V.

I don’t know yet with what I’m going to fill this case with but it’s going to be misc DIY kits...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1