MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Disting feature suggestion: Buchla Music Easel Pulser
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Disting feature suggestion: Buchla Music Easel Pulser
hermbot
Easel "Pulser Mode"

The Buchla Music Easel essentially has two envelopes, one with variable attack / decay, and a simpler Pulser envelope which is often used to clock things. See the following diagram from the Easel manual:

The pulser is a falling ramp wave control voltage with an instant attack and variable length, linear decay. Its usefulness is compounded by the end of cycle trigger, which allows for complex interaction in patches.

Some ideas on how this could be manifested on the Disting:

Input Z / knob: Ramp duration (having the duration under CV is critical!) edit: Push to trigger would also be useful, and is approrpriate as there was a "once" momentary toggle on the Easel to trigger the Pulser.
Input X: External trigger in
Input Y: Gate high enters looping mode, gate low turns off looping

Output A: Pulser Envelope
Ouptut B: End of envelope trigger

Parameters aren't necessary for this mode, but some thoughts to expand on its functionality further than the Easel implementation:

Parameter 0: Toggles looping mode
Parameter 1: Changes pulse to slightly exponential or slightly logarithmic curve
Parameter 2: Reverses to a rising ramp wave

---
There are several useful envelopes on the Disting, but I think there's a place for this straightforward version which adds the immensely powerful end of cycle trigger.
os
Thanks for the suggestion.

In looping mode, does the trigger fire on each loop?
hermbot
os wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion.

In looping mode, does the trigger fire on each loop?

Yes, the end of cycle trigger fires each time, regardless of mode. Thanks for reading my suggestion!
The Grump
This sounds awesome! I strongly second this request.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1