MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Oversampling like Cursus Iteritas
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Oversampling like Cursus Iteritas
Flamusic
Hallo,
I love the Edge knob on the Cursus Iteritas.
Manual says Edge controlls the Oversampling of the Wavetable Filter.
Is there any other module that can create a sound like this ?
Oversampling ?
I would love to add this effect to other Soundsources than the Cursus.
But not really shure what i have to look for.
Any Ideas ?
milkshake
Oversampling doesn't produce a sound by itself, it's a way to reduce digital artefacts named aliasing.

If you want to introduce aliasing, you could use a sample rate converter or use a S&H module with the audio signal as input and a high frequency oscillator as clock input.
Krankenwagen
Oscillator as a clock input. Well that’s my modular experiment for tonight sorted.
peripatitis
If I am not wrong, cursus sampling rate is variable with pitch. This is something not all wavetable modules have and their aliasing is inharmonic, while in cursus case, (as well Kotlenikov and talking about synths the old ppg) the aliasing is a harmonic of the wavetable.
milkshake
Krankenwagen wrote:
Oscillator as a clock input. Well that’s my modular experiment for tonight sorted.

thumbs up

While you're at it, pwm with audio rate is cool to.
Basically, try modulating everything with audio rate.
milkshake
peripatitis wrote:
If I am not wrong, cursus sampling rate is variable with pitch. This is something not all wavetable modules have and their aliasing is inharmonic, while in cursus case, (as well Kotlenikov and talking about synths the old ppg) the aliasing is a harmonic of the wavetable.

That is a must have function, for me, on wavetable oscillators from now on. SlayerBadger!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1