MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Smog/Knot ETA
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Antumbra  
Author Smog/Knot ETA
toneburst
Any clues on when the new redesigned MI modules, Smog and Knots might see a PCB + Panel release?

They look great!
antumbra
Hey, they are available now on www.pushermanproductions.com, there are buttons to the store page for every module on the www.antumbra.eu website too.
pwenzel
I just picked up Antumbra Smog. It's great fun. I appreciate the build quality, as well as its compact size because my rack is tiny.

Here's a quick 60 second demo. In the video, Smog's pitch is controlled by the contour output of the 0-Coast (by way of a VCA, triggered by Monome Earthsea). Increasing the 0-Coast's delay causes the contour to change and brings interesting reverb effects.

Radium
Hi antumbra, hi pwenzel smile

is there a build guide online? Any programing skills necessary?

btw: i have ordered one on pusherman!
pwenzel
@Radium I bought mine pre-built on Reverb. I found some build documentation here:

http://www.antumbra.eu/redesign/smog
Radium
ah, okay... i want to build it myself.

The documentation on the site tells not enough confused only part list! maybe antumbra can tell me more how to do smile

Cheers wink
merlin
I'm interested in building this module but not sure how you would programme the Arm device. Do you follow the instructions on the Mutable Instruments site (see below) and does this method work for the initial device programming?

"Firmware update procedure

Unplug all CV inputs/outputs from the module. Connect the output of your audio interface/sound card to the IN L input. Power on your modular system with the FREEZE push-button pressed. The FREEZE LED will blink.

Make sure that no additional sound (such as email notification sounds, background music etc.) from your computer will be played during the procedure. Make sure that your speakers/monitors are not connected to your audio interface - the noises emitted during the procedure are aggressive and can harm your hearing. On non-studio audio equipment (for example the line output from a desktop computer), you might have to turn up the gain to the maximum.

When you are all set, play the firmware update file into the module. While the module receives data, the bargraph will show the signal level. Signal reception is optimal when two or three LEDs are lit. You can use the IN GAIN knob to boost or reduce the gain. When the end of the audio file is reached, the module automatically restarts - if it is not the case, please retry the procedure.

In case the signal level is too weak, the LEDs will blink in red. Press the FREEZE push-button and retry with a higher gain. If this does not help, please retry the procedure from another computer/audio interface, and make sure that no piece of equipment (equalizer, FX processor) is inserted in the signal chain.
"

Regards,

Karl
forestcaver
merlin wrote:
I'm interested in building this module but not sure how you would programme the Arm device. Do you follow the instructions on the Mutable Instruments site (see below) and does this method work for the initial device programming?

<snip>

Karl

No - not on a bare board with no bootloader. You would need a programmer eg stlinkv2. Try googling how to program stm32 MCUs. (If you look in the hacking resources section of the mutable website for each module it also tells you)
merlin
forestcaver wrote:
merlin wrote:

<snip>

Karl

No - not on a bare board with no bootloader. You would need a programmer eg stlinkv2. Try googling how to program stm32 MCUs. (If you look in the hacking resources section of the mutable website for each module it also tells you)

Wicked, thanks for the info!

Karl
forestcaver
merlin wrote:
forestcaver wrote:
merlin wrote:

<snip>

Karl

Wicked, thanks for the info!

Karl

Just thought - I’ve written up how to do it on my blog along with my guitar and modular builds

DIY Guitars

Look under modular->notes and modular->diy modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Antumbra  
Page 1 of 1