MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Erica Synths Dual FX
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Erica Synths Dual FX
behndy

was there a thread for this? sounds like the PERFECT extension of their effects modules with the balance between the Black Hole and Pico being just..... MWAH. DELICIOUS.

ordered. very excited for.

pitch shifting YES please. FX 1 normalled into FX 2 for stacky stacky times YES PLEASE.
hinterlands303
yeah this is sounding really great. I'm debating whether I wait for it to hit US retailers or just order from them directly.
behndy
lol. i thinnnnnnk the only real difference is the shipping speed? it was relatively cheap to order from Erica, it took about 4 days to hit customs in NYC, which is usually another 3 or 4 days. so about a week, week and a half? not horrible.

VERY IMPATIENT. LOOKS FUN.
Hi5
Damn. I dig the Black Hole I have but rarely use it with a stereo source. This may be the move especially with the normalized stacking
bemushroomed
This or Black Hole 2.. hmm..

Too bad i can't compare it to black hole 2 since its one of the modules he's decided he's not gonna do a demo of. It has always baffled me with eurorack how so many manufacturers just doesn't give a shit. "sorry, i don't have those 10 mins to do that, and yeah i did have those 2 years to develop it buuuuut..." hmmm.....
shoottofill
I got the new blackhole dsp2, was considering waiting for this but they said it was mainly for drum sounds....

But I doubt i would have been able to tell the difference.
behndy
Bemused Shrooms - demos - that is weird. especially when he does very good ones. i was a little meh about this till i heard the demo.

Highhhhh Fiveeeeee OH - yeppers. the dual sides/stacking TOTES appeals more than stereo outs.

ShootToFillet - huh. that's odd. doesn't seem very drum specific to me. lol. mebbe he just felt like that since he was dropping all those sexy drum modules?
Hi5
The dual fx normalization got me thinking crazy. Dual dual pitch shifters Dead Banana
Futuresound
are there any pictures of the white panel version? I didn't realize Erica was doing white panels.
hawkfuzz
bemushroomed wrote:
This or Black Hole 2.. hmm..

Too bad i can't compare it to black hole 2 since its one of the modules he's decided he's not gonna do a demo of. It has always baffled me with eurorack how so many manufacturers just doesn't give a shit. "sorry, i don't have those 10 mins to do that, and yeah i did have those 2 years to develop it buuuuut..." hmmm.....

Not sure if you've seen this since it's been out only for a month but it can help a bit.

bemushroomed
hawkfuzz wrote:

Not sure if you've seen this since it's been out only for a month but it can help a bit.

I've seen it and it's in mono, doesn't demo all the algorithms + the sounds used for a demo are far from optimal. A DSP should be demoed with sounds that are as familiar as possible to the listener, a speaking voice or simple drum sounds are perfect for demos, strange FX sounds and synth sounds - not so much..
behndy
@MattTech has them in stock on the UK side.
johane
Awesome!
behndy
moof. i LIKE it. the reverbs are my favorite, but the high pass delay and the crusher are GOOD too.

VERY cool having a lot of tasty, stackable options in 10 hp.
matttech
behndy wrote:
@MattTech has them in stock on the UK side.

Thanks for the shout out. Unfortunately I've just sold out but I'll be getting more soon.
bemushroomed
Does anyone know if it saves the current settings when you power off/on?

I know it has some sort of save/recall function, not sure i like that idea, i'll just forget to save like i do on my bitbox all the time. i really prefer when modules just starts up like you left them when you turned off.

I also don't really see the point of it, i mean on their simplest FX module (Pico DSP) it saves automatically (at least according to Divkid when i asked on YT).. Here there's instead a complete function + button for it, so both costly + worse for the user to have to remember saving. Why not let it autosave which algoritm you were using instead..
behndy
i do TOO!

i am...... 92% sure it saves them, i'll check when i'm home tonight.
behndy
@MattTech of course suh! your shop looks SPECTACULAR. if i was on that side of the pond, would defo order OFTEN.
bemushroomed
behndy wrote:
i do TOO!

i am...... 92% sure it saves them, i'll check when i'm home tonight.

I'm pessimistic, i bet it relies on the save function completely. Hope i'm wrong hihi
cackland
Any updates from the wigglers who have purchased this?
Tonescape
I like it a lot. Have been using it for a couple of months. It is Spin based, so a little bit noisy with my switched power supply, but it is very managable.

Some interesting effect algorithms in there, and some straight up classic stuff, very useful.

The last state is saved at powerup, and the quick save function is very handy.

The verbs sound quite good, but there are better sounding verbs out there. At this HP though, you won't find anything that competes.

I am thinking about getting a second one, as I often find myself using this as a two stage single FX unit, instead of dual.

On the negative side though, I find that the algorithm selection could have been a little more useful. This is a unit that, how I see it, most people would choose for basic FX in their rack, so some of the algortihms are a bit weird and not that useful.

For me, Saturated Verb, Stalker Verb and Ripper could have been rolled in to one, and then maybe have two different stereo delay types and maybe a filtered delay and/or a phaser/chorus available. The stereo delay is not that well implemented, as it is difficult to get it to gel in the mix. A straight up stereo or pingpong delay would have been better if you ask me.

Maybe we will see the option to load it with different banks in the future?
cackland
I'm curious is the algorithm's are the same for the Black Hole DSP 2, just in a different format.

I'm thinking of getting this as a small compact end of chain modular reverb. I know it might not sound the best, and the cv ability is very limited, however kind of like a set and forget option.

Then again, probably go with an external pedal.
matttech
behndy wrote:
@MattTech of course suh! your shop looks SPECTACULAR. if i was on that side of the pond, would defo order OFTEN.

Cheers!! It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners
williamjturkel
It is also a great choice for a small feedback oriented case. Just add a matrix mixer and you are good to go.
matttech
I think it's definitely welcome that there are more options for effects in eurowrack these days. Not that long ago there were only 3 or 4 options and (that you could ACTUALLY get hold of) ...and now there are quite a few nice options to choose from.

w00t
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2