Quad Transevent Generator Model 282e

Moderators: Kent, traffkin

User avatar
traffkin
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 515
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:23 am
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Quad Transevent Generator Model 282e

Post by traffkin » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:21 pm

well, folks :)

without too many words, we did pretty big job and would like to present this powerful device which alludes to some Buchla function generation methods from 70s and 80s. and yes, IT INCLUDES THE 200e PRESET MANAGER

Image

the run is just 20 units

price is $1700 USD, worldwide shipping included

people who interested, please pm me


technical stuff:

282e_manual_en.pdf
keen_model_282e_v1.1.1.hex.zip
update_routine.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by traffkin on Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:21 am, edited 21 times in total.
headquarter: http://keenass.xyz

User avatar
cyberdine
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 310
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: New York

Post by cyberdine » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:42 pm

Looks great... how fast can it cycle?

User avatar
Leoespejo
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1528
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:26 am
Location: Barcelona

Post by Leoespejo » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:42 am

C'mon Alex, Sure is amazing, but some demos please .....


:omg: :bananaguitar:

:nana: :nana: :nana:

User avatar
traffkin
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 515
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:23 am
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Post by traffkin » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:53 am

cycle means cycling whole function, min time is 0.1s

but it can loop any part of the function so the time varies widely
cyberdine wrote:Looks great... how fast can it cycle?
Last edited by traffkin on Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
traffkin
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 515
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:23 am
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Post by traffkin » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:54 am

will do, señor :)
Leoespejo wrote:C'mon Alex, Sure is amazing, but some demos please .....


:omg: :bananaguitar:

:nana: :nana: :nana:

User avatar
anomie
Common Wiggler
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:25 pm
Location: Dublin

Post by anomie » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:58 am

Congrats on getting this out. Man, between you, Roman F & co, Gracyscale and Northern Lights, it's an exciting time to be in Buchla :yay:

User avatar
traffkin
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 515
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:23 am
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Post by traffkin » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:40 pm

found super-stupid bug, fixed. current version 1.02

User avatar
numan7
the most autistic amongst us
Posts: 6494
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:09 pm

Post by numan7 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:39 am

It looks like I'll need to update my Model 282e when it arrives (and will also do so for Model 220).


cheers

User avatar
Leoespejo
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1528
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:26 am
Location: Barcelona

Post by Leoespejo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:06 am

Can any of the lucky owner make a demo ? Please .....

:eek:

User avatar
mutierend
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 624
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:21 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Post by mutierend » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:55 am

Leoespejo wrote:Can any of the lucky owner make a demo ? Please .....

:eek:
As soon as mine arrives! It just passed Customs in NYC.

User avatar
mutierend
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 624
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:21 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Post by mutierend » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:38 pm

Got my 282e today and I love it. The controls are fairly intuitive, especially if you've used synths with menus before, like the DSI Prophet 12 or Modal 002.

I sold my 206e and I'm back to using my 227e, so the 282e is also my preset manager. I really like the implementation. I think I will miss having names for the presets, but I can just use a notebook. The larger display is really nice to have, since you can bring up all 30 presets and select the one you want.

I'll post a video soon.

Nice job, Alex!

User avatar
traffkin
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 515
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:23 am
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Post by traffkin » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:40 pm

thanks, Robert!

btw, naming will be possible on Ground Control Unit, as soon as it appears
mutierend wrote:Got my 282e today and I love it. The controls are fairly intuitive, especially if you've used synths with menus before, like the DSI Prophet 12 or Modal 002.

I sold my 206e and I'm back to using my 227e, so the 282e is also my preset manager. I really like the implementation. I think I will miss having names for the presets, but I can just use a notebook. The larger display is really nice to have, since you can bring up all 30 presets and select the one you want.

I'll post a video soon.

Nice job, Alex!

User avatar
mutierend
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 624
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:21 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Post by mutierend » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:09 am

One other thing: pairing this with the 268e is sublime. I drew a shape on the 282e and sent the CV to the external input on the 282e. :mygod: It's so cool to see the waveform on the 268e match the 282e and adjust the speeds on the two different modules.

I thrive on visual feedback so these two modules are perfect for me.

Sorry to keep gushing. :w00t:

User avatar
Leoespejo
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1528
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:26 am
Location: Barcelona

Post by Leoespejo » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:19 am

mutierend wrote:One other thing: pairing this with the 268e is sublime. I drew a shape on the 282e and sent the CV to the external input on the 282e. :mygod: It's so cool to see the waveform on the 268e match the 282e and adjust the speeds on the two different modules.

I thrive on visual feedback so these two modules are perfect for me.

Sorry to keep gushing. :w00t:

What !!!! And no video ??!!!

:deadbanana:

User avatar
mutierend
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 624
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:21 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Post by mutierend » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:44 pm

Leoespejo wrote:

What !!!! And no video ??!!!

:deadbanana:
I'm working on it!

User avatar
Macron
Common Wiggler
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:40 am
Location: Moscow

Post by Macron » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:36 am

video

User avatar
Kent
Large Member
Posts: 11882
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:17 am
Location: Vienna, Austria

Post by Kent » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:08 am

What would be very cool would be a way to setup a Master and any number of Slave channels. This would be convenient for stereo, quad, 0,90,180,270 degree phase relationships, etc.

User avatar
traffkin
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 515
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:23 am
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Post by traffkin » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:30 am

didn’t want it to cross with 281e functions... but chaining is already possible with pulse outputs
Kent wrote:What would be very cool would be a way to setup a Master and any number of Slave channels. This would be convenient for stereo, quad, 0,90,180,270 degree phase relationships, etc.

User avatar
mutierend
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 624
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:21 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Post by mutierend » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:58 pm

Macron wrote:video
How did you make your 268e show the waveforms vertically?

User avatar
traffkin
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 515
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:23 am
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Post by traffkin » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:03 pm

choose INDIVIDUAL on either agorithm
mutierend wrote:
Macron wrote:video
How did you make your 268e show the waveforms vertically?

User avatar
mutierend
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 624
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:21 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Post by mutierend » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:05 pm

traffkin wrote:choose INDIVIDUAL on either agorithm
Well cut off my feet and call me stumpy! I never even thought to try that.

User avatar
traffkin
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 515
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:23 am
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Post by traffkin » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:51 pm

version updated to 1.03

display brightness and inversion added, as well as the current version report

MANUAL is also UPDATED
Last edited by traffkin on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kent
Large Member
Posts: 11882
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:17 am
Location: Vienna, Austria

Post by Kent » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:26 pm

traffkin wrote:didn’t want it to cross with 281e functions... but chaining is already possible with pulse outputs
Kent wrote:What would be very cool would be a way to setup a Master and any number of Slave channels. This would be convenient for stereo, quad, 0,90,180,270 degree phase relationships, etc.
I should have been specific. I meant for editing, primarily.

User avatar
Leoespejo
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1528
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:26 am
Location: Barcelona

Post by Leoespejo » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:18 pm

mutierend wrote:
Leoespejo wrote:

What !!!! And no video ??!!!

:deadbanana:
I'm working on it!

:combine:

User avatar
traffkin
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 515
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:23 am
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Post by traffkin » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:12 pm

firmware is v1.04 now

non-linear brightness is more suitable

Post Reply

Return to “Keen Association”