MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

My very very rare semi-modular !
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author My very very rare semi-modular !
debriff
ENIGISER from Orgon System (Geoff Wattstone)
I have serial number # 051
I think maybe 200 to 300 (???) were made between 1996-1999. It was sold £470 in Uk, only by command to Geoff.

-semi modular : operates with rotary switches are busses which are source/destinations.

-All analog

- 15 types of filter combinations, all with resonance ! nanners

- Pulse to saw waveform morph

- 3 envelopes

- "Filter drive" and "VCA drive", aaaaahr it can be sooo nasty evil

Yes it's mine since 1997 and I'll keep it till I die !

Anybody else has got one ?

Here are the pics :
http://www.mediafire.com/i/?1a832u1719ebxno
http://www.mediafire.com/i/?k81wnlpdt6vbv7v
http://www.mediafire.com/i/?7difaux3e5xzj6r
Babaluma
my friend has one unused in someone else's loft in cornwall wink

they seem to be pretty rare, online i see them even less than the evenfall modular.
chamomileshark
Didn't it seem a couple of years back that he might be starting up again? then it went quiet.
numan7
hmmm..... maybe it wouldn't be so rare if geoff hadn't made it look so dang fugly (tho i suppose it doesn't look that much worse than waldorf gear - still, i think i'd rather have a sunsyn if i were collecting semimodulars).

cheers,
n7
numan7
oh and... please post some videos (with sound)! hihi
ndkent
That got my interest when I saw it in SOS because analogue synths were few and far between in those days and the Filter reminded me of the Xpander in concept at least, never tried one. But then again without 2 of those sorts of multimode filters or some other filter with it in series with it I would guess the average user would only use a couple of the modes on any regular basis.

>they seem to be pretty rare, online i see them even less than the evenfall modular.

sure, while they didn't make that one long (evenfall) it was out after interest in Analogue was much greater and gear like the Arp 2600 was pricey. I more or less remember the ENIGISER was one of those contact me we'll make make more soon kinds of deals and he never did, or at least not in numbers.

I'm thinking the Aviator would be something British that's even more rare I think?

Didn't think it was that ugly, kind of EH, jumbo stomp box looking. I've seen his modules on Ebay, those looked very bland and DIY. But who knows maybe they sounded good.
karplus
I've seen several pass through ebay.co.uk and SOS this last 2 years. My bud has one too. At least in the UK they are not that rare... I must have a listen one day. Never heard it yet.
Somatic
send me a personal video proving it works
with audio
bwhittington
w00t
opsysbug
That thing looks cool !
I can't believe how great it is !
I'm glad you are keeping it !
I'd love to hear it in a video with sound !
Remember to end all your sentences with (!) !
lol !
krisp14u
Yep I got one and I know of at least 2 others in the UK
I got mine all patched out
emdot_ambient
Interesting...anyone know what that VCF is based on? It looks a lot like what can be done with the CEM3320. I'm building some with chips I got new back in the 90s. I'm configuring them to have a switch for each of the 4 filter poles that can be switched between HP, LP and All Pass (phase) configurations...however there will always be 4 poles total (i.e., you can do HP/HP/HP/HP for 4-pole HP, HP/HP/LP/LP for a 2-pole BP, or something weird like LP/HP/LP/AP...whatever the hell that makes it!).
debriff
And here is the sound of rhe Enigiser !
Just made for you muffwigglerz.

The first demo shows the Enegiser's pitch driven by the Sample&Hold of my System 100 (expander 102). There are 3 different lines mixed together, at 3 different s&H speed. The ringmodulator output of System 100 goes into the filter CV input of the Enegiser in 2 of the 3 lines.
http://soundcloud.com/debriff/s-h

The second one is just a midi sequence triggering the Enegiser with a (fake/sampled) 808. You can notice how acid is the filter. Everybody needs an Enegiser !
http://soundcloud.com/debriff/acidlinef

Enjoy
debriff
krisp14u wrote:
Yep I got one and I know of at least 2 others in the UK
I got mine all patched out

Very cool ! i didn't see the point to have a patchbay in 1997-1998, It was my first steps in the analog synthesis. And at that time modular weren't as popular as today.

So you have the square lfo (i have only triangle).
What are the most interesting ins/outs ?
Norman_Phay
I played one a few years ago, the sound was quite hard-ish I thought, but I kind of liked it. If it had had 2 x VCO (can't remember if it had 1 x or 2 x EG) I probably would have scraped up for one. I thought they looked quite nice, quite electro0harmonix-ish as per comment upthread, although I hated, and still hate all those ravey names shit had back then, "Enigiser" is pretty cheezy I think.
Norman_Phay
...I seem to remember that the designer was quite seriously ill for a while, can't remember the exact details, it was a few years ago. He did do a series of synth-DIY articles in "The Mix", I might have them all in a file somewhere.
rasseru
energiser acid sounds lovely :]
Ƶl8®
debriff wrote:
ENIGISER from Orgon System (Geoff Wattstone)
I think maybe 200 to 300 (???) were made between 1996-1999.

actually only 150 were made.

-
CJ Miller
Norman_Phay wrote:
I hated, and still hate all those ravey names shit had back then, "Enigiser" is pretty cheezy I think.

Wut? Enegiser is not cheezy, yo, itz Hi-N-R-G! hihi
#####
searching for an HI-NRG enigiser! Would be well paid wink

applause
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1