MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Sounds of Synth-Werk 921 - 901(line audio added)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Sounds of Synth-Werk 921 - 901(line audio added)
josaka

Dave Peck
I do appreciate it when people go to the trouble to make these clips, but - using a camera mic that is picking up signal from some unknown speakers several feet away with a lot of room noise instead of using a line input signal makes it impossible to tell what the oscs actually sound like.
josaka
that is actually surprisingly close to the sound from the speakers..
there are 2 different sets of oscillators as well.. so that gives a little context..
the speakers were not very loud so there was no distortion..
thing about these clips and why I dont bother recording them to a daw..
1st.. its not a sequence from a track I am working on..or intend to.
and no matter what you do it seems someone always complains about something.. effects.. etc.. just changing the cp3 levels changes the whole thing as well.. so there is that.
also ..this was a reply to a video by pablo from corsynth (which he shot on his phone) of a similar sequence frm Moog 921s
Dave Peck
Understood, Josaka. Thanks again for posting this.
Analog Music
josaka wrote:
that is actually surprisingly close to the sound from the speakers..
there are 2 different sets of oscillators as well.. so that gives a little context..
the speakers were not very loud so there was no distortion..
thing about these clips and why I dont bother recording them to a daw..
1st.. its not a sequence from a track I am working on..or intend to.
and no matter what you do it seems someone always complains about something.. effects.. etc.. just changing the cp3 levels changes the whole thing as well.. so there is that.
also ..this was a reply to a video by pablo from corsynth (which he shot on his phone) of a similar sequence frm Moog 921s

Dude you don't have to explain you were just jamming out , it may not be a direct feed but you can hear the power , nice sequence to .
Analog Music
Dave Peck wrote:
I do appreciate it when people go to the trouble to make these clips, but - using a camera mic that is picking up signal from some unknown speakers several feet away with a lot of room noise instead of using a line input signal makes it impossible to tell what the oscs actually sound like.

Yea Moog just did this on there Moog One livestream and everyone complained about it for 8 grand a direct feed would have been nice , possibilities look great tho .
josaka
Quote:
...you were just jamming out

yup.. smile

nanners

Rockin' Banana!

It's peanut butter jelly time!
MrNezumi
Moog/clone this, Moog/clone that - whatever. You've got two Krisp1 TZOs! I want to hear them used together. I have one and it is a fun OSC; two must be a blast.
josaka
MrNezumi wrote:
Moog/clone this, Moog/clone that - whatever. You've got two Krisp1 TZOs! I want to hear them used together. I have one and it is a fun OSC; two must be a blast.

what kind of sounds would you expect to hear from 2 Krisp TZO's.. smile ?

..the clone backlash is well and truly here smile
MrNezumi
No clone backlash from me. I just don’t get super excited by Moog stuff or it’s associated clones. I find the Krisp1 TZOs more interesting. I like exploring the areas on its FM dial that don’t quite hold it together and I’ve wondered what it would be like to have a pair of them.
josaka
if you like 'crazy' then 2 tz will get you there fast smile
if you want sweet AM bell tones x 2 .. that takes more work..
as you will know with these the slightest tiny adjustment changes up the whole game.. smile
I often use them like buchla complex oscillators one as a main other as a modulator ...or in sync with heavy cross-modulation.
I was really asking if you use them in sequences /droney or more sfx sounds..?
Thalassa
As I've said on facebook , thanks for doing the comparative smile
JohnLRice
Thanks for the demo! thumbs up
josaka
Ok.. yet another pointless video.. smile
today recorded line audio of the 921 and 901
both 921/901 set up identical same 3-osc config
SAW/SQ/SAW..
no CP3 distortion.. ( the 901s seem to drive it a little)
pass one is completely dry with nothing added..
pass 2 has effects + Eq ..no delay.
whatever..

Dr Gris
Nice videos! thumbs up
I must admit my eyes also caught the two Krisp1 TZ VCO's....
I have a complaint... I'm envious hihi

//M
josaka
Dr Gris wrote:
Nice videos! thumbs up
I must admit my eyes also caught the two Krisp1 TZ VCO's....
I have a complaint... I'm envious hihi
//M

glad I didnt pan around a bit more.. ! woah SlayerBadger! Dead Banana
Mark11Audio
Dave Peck wrote:

Superbooth is May 9th - 11th, 2019 this year... book a flight and hotel and join the fun Dave... the best way to tell the sound is to be there right in front of it, and talking to Gerhard... with internet compression and mic differences and how it was recorded will NEVER give you an accurate picture... but it IS nice of people to take the effort to showcase the line.

I am finally able to start slowly rebuild a "system"... and mine will include "many" modules from Synth-Werk this time. I will however try and not get too out of hand with a massive system... but we all know how that will likely end... d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! LMAO...

Bottom cabinet and PSU arrived today...

Starting over.... thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Dave Peck
josaka wrote:
Ok.. yet another pointless video.. smile
today recorded line audio of the 921 and 901

Oooooh. Aaaaah. This is fun!
Laflamme
Mark11Audio wrote:
Dave Peck wrote:

Superbooth is May 9th - 11th, 2019 this year... book a flight and hotel and join the fun Dave... the best way to tell the sound is to be there right in front of it, and talking to Gerhard... with internet compression and mic differences and how it was recorded will NEVER give you an accurate picture... but it IS nice of people to take the effort to showcase the line.

I am finally able to start slowly rebuild a "system"... and mine will include "many" modules from Synth-Werk this time. I will however try and not get too out of hand with a massive system... but we all know how that will likely end... d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! LMAO...

Wow Mark!
Where is the Moon system? Coming back to Moog like? why? I’m curious!
Mark11Audio
Laflamme wrote:
Mark11Audio wrote:
Dave Peck wrote:

Wow Mark!
Where is the Moon system? Coming back to Moog like? why? I’m curious!

The Moon has been parted out and sold off, I only have a few misc little pieces left. The 590V Series you see here... and since this picture was taken, a new change has happened. I am going to "chop" the bottom cabinet down to make a CP Row, and then build as close as I can a Moog IIIC Clone using pretty much all Synth-Werk Modules. with the exception of course of that top row, which is all Synthesizers.com I will also use COTK CP3C Mixer's in the bottom row. There will be a few minor changes of course... and as of this writing, I will not be using any of my Moon modules for now. thumbs up applause

This will be a little bit of a slower build as I want to really build things specificly.

Here's the mock up from Modulargrid.

Moog IIIC Mr. Green

Synthoholic
Mark,
What made you decide to reboot your systems so many times? I remember you had Moogs, then you had a very large dotcom with multiple sequencers. Then you ordered so much Moslab you set Seb's production back a whole year that now everyone thinks he always takes that long (I'm teasing). Then you went with a whole Moon system. Your builds were so custom and meticulous that you seemed so committed to that setup.

I like your module selection. I think that the IIIC Needs at least 4 VCAs though. I'm not sure what kind of tank solution Gerhard is using though for this reverb.

When it came to my 914 from Gerhard, it picked up so much interference from the dotcom power supply that I believe that it wouldn't be safe above it even in a separate cabinet without some custom shielding. I will be paying close attention to what you experience with that.

Good luck.
JohnLRice
Fixed hihi

hamildad
When this one gets sold off, please automatically assume I have PMed for Synth-Werk FFB?

Kidding! hihi

SRSLY - great sounding modules, and a nicely thought out case, look forward to hearing what you come up with...
josaka
you can run more than 3 'B' 901 or 921s in a SW system..(unlike a moog)
up to seven from 1 'A' 901 or 921..

a little SW demo from facebook..

https://www.facebook.com/566683136718483/videos/1651314998255286/
Mark11Audio
Synthoholic wrote:
Mark,
What made you decide to reboot your systems so many times? I remember you had Moogs, then you had a very large dotcom with multiple sequencers. Then you ordered so much Moslab you set Seb's production back a whole year that now everyone thinks he always takes that long (I'm teasing). Then you went with a whole Moon system. Your builds were so custom and meticulous that you seemed so committed to that setup.

I like your module selection. I think that the IIIC Needs at least 4 VCAs though. I'm not sure what kind of tank solution Gerhard is using though for this reverb.

When it came to my 914 from Gerhard, it picked up so much interference from the dotcom power supply that I believe that it wouldn't be safe above it even in a separate cabinet without some custom shielding. I will be paying close attention to what you experience with that.

Good luck.

yeah, I have had quite a few modular systems in my day... and a few of those I regret not having. My original Moog 35+ was one of those I wish I still had... it had many "extra" pieces I just kept acquiring... back in the mid 80's I was buying from Louis Newman as he seemed to have a direct line to all the hidden Moog Modulars for sale...

The very massive double DotCom was really fun, it grew fast due to the affordability of Roger's product line, and it really sounded good... I think I got restless, and was "woo'ed" by the Modcan B Series at that time, and thought I needed something "fresh and new." I was also lucky, I had [2] buyers almost right away due to the Yahoo forums that Roger used to have... I posted the [2] halves individually and I had [2] buyers... it was just luck and timing. I also at the time bought an M5N in White from Ken MacBeth... it was my "white phase." LMAO d'oh! zombie hihi

The big Hans/Buller system was meant to be a clone of Ed's system, but using the Mos-Lab modules to replace the Moog modules. Separately, they sounded pretty good, but as with all massive systems, I was running into some mis-matched outputs somewhere and I was having a nightmare tracking down the issues... Frustration prevailed and I wasn't getting the support I needed to solve the problem... I maybe should have taken a step back and figured that out... but instead, I just said... ok I am going to just have 1 manufacture, and 1 voltage to work with... then the smaller Moon system was designed and built. Ironically, there was one voice in that system from COTK that actually "sounded" the best and most Moogy like. I used the 921A/BBB set an STG Mixer 904A filter and [2] 911's and a 902 from COTK... it had sizzle and bite... and now JLR has those modules, and it sounds awesome in his little case with the GRP24R...

The Moon system was a very good little system, but it didn't have the characteristics I was after, it was really missing the sizzle of some distortion from the mixers and quite frankly a 904A style filter, (which Gert has since now added.) The reason it was sold was typical of many of us here... "Financial Issues" I had just left San Francisco, took on a new day job, and then had a massive car issue, and had no "backup plan." Something had to go... the cost of living in San Francisco had literally put me back in debt... a LOT.

Which brings me to today... I also just sold my Waldorf Q - Phoenix Edition, that money has been allocated to Gerhard for the 1st voice of 901A/BBB etc etc..

I am trying to go back to my familiar ground... a Moog IIIC with the compliment B Sequencers on top... the difference of course is I wont be spending $40k Roger had a sale on his 960's with a 962 and Q171, I jumped on it... and thus started my new path for this system. So as not to get massively in debt fast... I have spread out the purchase over the next year, in [4] Phases...

Dad is going to assist me in "chopping" down the QSC-44 so I have a CP row, I have emailed Kazike for the [4] CP3C's and I am in the que...

I agree I could use a few more 902's / 911's etc etc, but I am trying to "clone" as best I can with whats available to the original IIIC layout with some variations... I am not getting the reverb unit at all, I have an Eventide that does that sound better...

If it wern't for my luck and going to Superbooth and getting to meet and take with Gerhard, I'm not sure I would have gone down this road... I may have just taken a longer break from things... but I really liked what I saw and heard...

...and as a last note. No more blue led's... I'm done, new start. applause applause applause applause applause thumbs up thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2