MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ES-8 weak tracking
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author ES-8 weak tracking
nuclearsound
Hi,

I use my ES-8 and can't figure how to get proper octaves out of my keyboard octaves.

My chain is the following : midi keyboard -> yarns -> ES-8 -> virtual VCO in VCV -> ES-8 ->

When I plug the VCV virtual output to a virtual VCO (all had the same problem : EvenVCO, MacroOscillator, ...), the octaves I hear are always +/- a semitone too short.
Keyboard or Yarns problem ? -> When I change my chain to midi keyboard -> yarns -> real vcos like braids, quadnic, plaits, ... : everything ok.

I even tried this chain : midi keyboard -> yarns -> ES-8 in -> ES-8 out directly -> real vcos : the problem even occurs.

The weakest link is the ES-8 right ? How can I fine tune it so the tracking is proper ?
os
The ES-8 is not calibrated, so you wouldn't expect the above to work. You would need to scale the CVs slightly e.g. using an attenuator or amplifier in VCV.

Seems a bit long winded though. Why don't you just plug the MIDI keyboard into a MIDI/CV converter in VCV?
nuclearsound
Thanks os for your quick reply.

I'll try that then !
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1