MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

utune - few questions
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Author utune - few questions
ketem13
I currently have version 1.02 fw 18

1. In conf--->Channel 1\2 there is a clock divider function with different devision. what does it mean ? is utune sending a gate every time a new note is playing from the cv in ?

2. in the simple config there is a different option for the cv in\out and gate in\out. in the gate out there is a midi gate and midi clock but there is no cv gate/clock out ?

in the cv out there is a velocity for channel 1/2 - is it apply only when using a midi keyboard ?

in the cv in there is a transpose for ch 1/2 - the transpose happening in a octave? fifth? fourth ?

In general I would like to understand better the option of operation of the module when using only a cv from the modular and not midi.

thanks.
tubbutec
ketem13 wrote:

1. In conf--->Channel 1\2 there is a clock divider function with different devision. what does it mean ? is utune sending a gate every time a new note is playing from the cv in ?

That's a clock divider setting used if you output a midi clock

ketem13 wrote:

2. in the simple config there is a different option for the cv in\out and gate in\out. in the gate out there is a midi gate and midi clock but there is no cv gate/clock out ?

What would you expect these to do?

ketem13 wrote:

in the cv out there is a velocity for channel 1/2 - is it apply only when using a midi keyboard ?

Yes.

ketem13 wrote:

in the cv in there is a transpose for ch 1/2 - the transpose happening in a octave? fifth? fourth ?

No, note numbers. The detected note at the input is added whichever channel is selected here. Can be used to have 2 CV inputs for one channel, or to add midi and CV note information.

ketem13 wrote:

In general I would like to understand better the option of operation of the module when using only a cv from the modular and not midi.

OK, Well obviously if you a re not using midi you will only be using a subset of the available features. So some functions and settings will not do anything for you. But if you have any questions about the CV workflow, please let me know.
ketem13
tubbutec wrote:
ketem13 wrote:

tubbutec wrote:
That's a clock divider setting used if you output a midi clock

Will it be possible to used that clock divider to output cv clock ?

ketem13 wrote:

tubbutec wrote:

I would expect it to do the same as with a midi clock but with a voltage clock, to have the option to send its time a note is playing a gate from the gate output to trigger other function in the eurorack.

ketem13 wrote:

OK, Well obviously if you a re not using midi you will only be using a subset of the available features. So some functions and settings will not do anything for you. But if you have any questions about the CV workflow, please let me know.

ketem13 wrote:

tubbutec wrote:

I would expect it to do the same as with a midi clock but with a voltage clock, to have the option to send its time a note is playing a gate from the gate output to trigger other function in the eurorack.

I would like to know about if and when it will be possible to output a voltage gate and some of a division when a note is playing from a cv.

also if it will be possible to have an independent editing of a scale for each channel? - to have the ability to subtract different note from each channel (within the same scale of course)

Thanks
tubbutec
ketem13 wrote:

So you would like to have a gate generated each time the note at the CV input changes. This is actually a feature in the newest beat firmware already. Called auto-trigger

ketem13 wrote:

also if it will be possible to have an independent editing of a scale for each channel? - to have the ability to subtract different note from each channel (within the same scale of course)

No this is currently not possible, but will be eventually.
ketem13
tubbutec wrote:
ketem13 wrote:

tubbutec wrote:
So you would like to have a gate generated each time the note at the CV input changes. This is actually a feature in the newest beat firmware already. Called auto-trigger

Would it be possible to clock divide this auto trigger?

I tried to Install the newest beat firmware but without a success.

ketem13 wrote:

No this is currently not possible, but will be eventually.
tubbutec
ketem13 wrote:

Yes, that would mean: Do not generate a trigger on every note change, but on every 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc...?
That is not implemented currently
ketem13
tubbutec wrote:
ketem13 wrote:

Yes, that would mean: Do not generate a trigger on every note change, but on every 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc...?
That is not implemented currently

Yes I mean that exactly! will it be in future update?

Another question: I've got an 0 coast by Make Noise. It got a Midi input. can I integrate between the two modules ? sending clock from utune to the 0 coast ?

thanks
tubbutec
ketem13 wrote:

Yes I mean that exactly! will it be in future update?

Maybe. You are the first person to request this feature. I will put it on the TODO list.

ketem13 wrote:

Another question: I've got an 0 coast by Make Noise. It got a Midi input. can I integrate between the two modules ? sending clock from utune to the 0 coast ?

Certainly. Just use the midi router to route the clock.
Please understand that midi clock and single triggers are something completely different. Triggers can not be converted into midi clock easily, as midi clock is always at 24PPQN, while your triggers may be 1PPQN, 2, or 3...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Page 1 of 1