MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Instruo I-ō47 / Instruo vs. ARP?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Instruo I-ō47 / Instruo vs. ARP?
boubi
I-ō47 Multimode Resonator/filter

I had always felt there was something very ARP-ish to Instruo's creations - especially the dual / triple structure of some of their latest VCOs. Am I right to see more than a pun here, I-ō47 = 1047?

Other point in case: the CS-L is a rare instance of dual core VCO. A sawtooth core that resets a triangle core, that was the general idea in the circuit found in the ARP 2500's 1004 and 1023 VCOs...

Anyone here had the chance of comparing vintage ARP 2500 or clone thereof (!) and Instruo? I'm in the market to supplement my 2600 with more ARP VCO and VCF clones and/or modules sharing that philosophy/circuitry typology, and don't want to make my mind lightly.
bc3
I've worked with Jason on a few custom modules and in our discussions I believe I recall him mentioning that he met an ARP designer on a trip to the Boston area a while ago. I think he mentioned be interested in doing some ARP type circuit designs.
boubi
A proclivity I am willing to encourage cool
Dogma
i love this dudes modules - such a nice fella too
what is this? Ive not seen nor heard about it - need info!
flashheart
Looking at the image I'm sure it's based on (or even a clone of) the ARP 1047 filter - http://www.guitarfool.com/ARP2500/1047.html
boubi
I am a lucky owner of CMS's 1047e clone and have played the 2500 twice. Considering the scarcity of the CMS clone, it would be awesome news if this one was derived from this circuit too.

More info soon I hope. Spotted it on Modulargrid and will likely contact Instruo next week for details.
boubi
Had I done my research, answer is in the following article: it's a 1047 clone with clever tricks.

https://www.gearnews.com/superbooth-2018-instruo-introduce-us-load-new -modules/

Now to find the quids. [/url]
Dogma
boubi wrote:
Had I done my research, answer is in the following article: it's a 1047 clone with clever tricks.

https://www.gearnews.com/superbooth-2018-instruo-introduce-us-load-new -modules/

Thanks for that ! i swear i couldnt find anything...

for those who are on a phone or whatever

I-ó47

A multimode filter based on the ARP 2500 1047 resonant filter. Instruó have added a variable notch filter with CV control. You get outputs on all four modes. The main input has a gain control and limiter built-in. This will push a triangle into a sort of S-shaped curve or give a sense of fattening to more complex signals. The secondary input inverts the signal and is responsive to the resonance. The resonance can push it into stable self-oscillation and there’s a 1volt/oct and FM input with attenuation.
srogers
Anyone have one of these yet? I can still see them on the website via the link but it looks to be unlisted otherwise.
boubi
Bumping too.
bgcriswell
I have one. It’s quite nice. smile
chaosick
boubi wrote:
I-ō47 Multimode Resonator/filter

I had always felt there was something very ARP-ish to Instruo's creations - especially the dual / triple structure of some of their latest VCOs. Am I right to see more than a pun here, I-ō47 = 1047?

Other point in case: the CS-L is a rare instance of dual core VCO. A sawtooth core that resets a triangle core, that was the general idea in the circuit found in the ARP 2500's 1004 and 1023 VCOs...

Anyone here had the chance of comparing vintage ARP 2500 or clone thereof (!) and Instruo? I'm in the market to supplement my 2600 with more ARP VCO and VCF clones and/or modules sharing that philosophy/circuitry typology, and don't want to make my mind lightly.

That's very interesting. To me, the ARP 2600 is one of the all time classic instruments, and the ARP 2500 looks exponentially amazing, though I'll probably never see one in person. I basically built an ARP2600/Minimoog into my eurp via AJH Synth and AM Synths, among other things, and have a Cs-L..so it's interesting to hear how my own intuitions and preferences seem to have found their way into the hearts of what I tend towards, even though I hadn't even realized it!
chaosick
Dogma wrote:
boubi wrote:

Thanks for that ! i swear i couldnt find anything...

for those who are on a phone or whatever

I-ó47

A multimode filter based on the ARP 2500 1047 resonant filter. Instruó have added a variable notch filter with CV control. You get outputs on all four modes. The main input has a gain control and limiter built-in. This will push a triangle into a sort of S-shaped curve or give a sense of fattening to more complex signals. The secondary input inverts the signal and is responsive to the resonance. The resonance can push it into stable self-oscillation and there’s a 1volt/oct and FM input with attenuation.

I saw the Neonach at SB18 and it looks killer..have enough filters but can always use more complex versatile controllers.
McRINdk
Jason demonstrated this (pre production) when I was lucky enough to visit the Instruo nerve center in Aug. He told me the story of going to meet an original ARP designer and he showed me the original ARP filter (somewhat dusty and kicking around in his bottom drawer). So yes very strongly ARP with the usual Instruo twists and polish.

Yes I'm tempted but will have wait until the 18U DIY case is finished.
boubi
bgcriswell wrote:
I have one. It’s quite nice. smile

You little tease! Soooooouuuuund please hihi
boubi
Quote:
I saw the Neonach at SB18 and it looks killer..have enough filters but can always use more complex versatile controllers.

Somewhat reminiscent of the ARP 1050 mix sequencer - with more features. Interested in that too!
boubi
Thanks for the first-hand information, McRINdk. It always comes handy to have old 2500 modules tucked away in a drawer
Mr. Green
Ears
I finally got mine. It sounds great. I don’t do demo vids but this is worth a leap of faith.
tdel
Are there really no audio demos of this to be had anywhere?

Could someone possibly be so kind as to make one? Very intrigued. I love my new CS-L dearly and am very much an Instruo fan now.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1