MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ES-5 Woes - please help
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author ES-5 Woes - please help
jones
Hi Os,

Sorry for bothering you, but I am weeks trying to get this module working correctly. Have an ES-3, ES-5 and ES-6 (all latest versions of hardware) in my case. In Live I have a track with the SW ES-5 Controller on it - sending audio out to my Ultralite4 (17/18) and then into channels 7/8 on the ES-3. This track is getting triggers from another track in Live. At this point all the lights are lit on the ES-5 (various intensity on each) with Ableton at a standstill.

This is what happens when I try to trigger the unit:

C2 - Triggers output 1 then immediately after output 2
C#2 - Triggers output 2 correctly
D2 - causes lights on outputs 3+4 to go off and output 5 to trigger / flash
D#2 - causes light on output 4 to go off and output 5 to trigger / flash
E2 - triggers output 5 correctly
F2 - causes lights 6,7 and 8 to go off and back on
F#2 - causes 7 and 8 to go off and back on
G2 - causes 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 to go off and back on

Been trying to resolve this with someone online that has the same set-up that Kindly offered their template - but the above is happening.

What you reckon is the problem? Any help with this appreciated as I kinda need it working.

Thanks,

Derek
jones
btw, the ES-3 and 6 work perfectly.
os
You seem to have multiple tracks outputting to 17/18. That won't work. Delete the others that aren't the ES-5 Controller track.

All the ES-5 LEDs should be off until a signal is sent by the plug-in. If not, something is wrong and you need to fix that before proceeding.
jones
os wrote:
You seem to have multiple tracks outputting to 17/18. That won't work. Delete the others that aren't the ES-5 Controller track.

All the ES-5 LEDs should be off until a signal is sent by the plug-in. If not, something is wrong and you need to fix that before proceeding.

Thanks for the fast response Os - and apologies for my ignorance.

I have only one track now with the ES-5 Plugin - all lights are off on the unit - screenshot attached. This is the behaviour now when I trigger notes for that track.

C2 - No response from unit
C#2 - Output one triggered
D2 - Outputs 1+2 triggered at same time
D#2 - Outputs 1+2+3 triggered at same time
E2 - Outputs 1+2+3+4 triggered at same time
F2 - Outputs 1+2+3+4+5 triggered at same time
F#2 - Outputs 1+2+3+4+5+6 triggered at same time
G2 - Output 8 is triggered

What you think?

Thanks,

D
os
Have you checked your MOTU settings? Looks like you've got a slightly non-unity gain in there somewhere.
jones
os wrote:
Have you checked your MOTU settings? Looks like you've got a slightly non-unity gain in there somewhere.

Checked the mixer software and all the adat levels are at unity - but there's some input from the units? I unplugged any of the analog/mic devices - so it's just adat. Your modules are brand new, optical cables new and the Ultralite new.

You can see it on the matrix attached...

Any thoughts?

os
Have you tried the Interface Category setting in the plug-in?
jones
os wrote:
Have you tried the Interface Category setting in the plug-in?

That worked! Woohoo! Changed from Cat A to Cat B.

So let's say I want to have the SW Sync going through the ES-5 do I put both plugins on the same track? I see there's an ES-5 setting on the sync plugin.

Thanks for the great support OS!

D
os
OK. Weird how MOTU flip-flops between categories, from one driver release to the next.

Yes, all ES-5 plug-ins on the one track.
jones
os wrote:
OK. Weird how MOTU flip-flops between categories, from one driver release to the next.

Yes, all ES-5 plug-ins on the one track.

Thanks again - all working perfectly now.

Cheers, D
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1