MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SW Voice Controller Load Calibration - Midi vs Audio
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author SW Voice Controller Load Calibration - Midi vs Audio
fluxxion
Ableton Live 10 Suite
MacOS 10.13.6
Silent Way 2.7.2
ES-3 MK4, ES-5, Behringer U-Phoria UMC1820

So I'm having an issue with Silent Way it appears. I created some calibrations of a few of my oscillators using the Silent Way Audio track voice controller. When I load these calibrations up in other projects at different times, they work fine. The issue is when I try to load the calibrations on a SW midi track voice controller. When I play a scale, there is some sort of offset or something being applied to each note because the notes played across octaves on the keyboard are consistent. The output matrixes or whatever are all set to the default settings.
My ultimate goal is to play multiple oscillators with the ES-3 and ES-5. I want to use the ES-3 for CV and the ES-5 for gates, which I can set up except for the calibration.

Any ideas?
os
Could you clarify

Quote:
When I play a scale, there is some sort of offset or something being applied to each note because the notes played across octaves on the keyboard are consistent.

?
fluxxion
Yeah, sorry about not being clearer. So for example, when I play C1 on the midi keyboard, the osc plays slightly below a C1. When I play D1 on the keyboard, the osc plays an E1, E1 plays A1, F1 plays B1, G1 plays D2, etc. And this is consistent across octaves.

So I created a new midi track within the group of tracks I've been using and now the notes are only 1 note off - C1 plays D1, D1 plays E1, E1 plays F1, etc. And when I created a new midi track outside of the group, it seems to play pretty much correctly. So obviously I have something set up wrong. I don't have any effects or anything on the problem tracks. No sends or receives. I read in another post that the calibration seems to be track specific, which, if true, I feel like kind of defeats the purpose of the calibration files by having to create new files for each new track.
os
The calibration is specific to the ES-3 output that was used to create it. It shouldn't depend at all on which plug-in variant you're using, or how you have the tracks set up (as long as they're all stereo & unity gain).
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1