MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

what´s the ideal R or RK module for controllable tube preamp
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Author what´s the ideal R or RK module for controllable tube preamp
FatRocky
what´s the ideal R or RK module that can be used (apart from it´s main function) for controllable tube pre-amplification of weak signals?
Something that doesn´t destroy the signal that much for early stage in the fx chain?
luchog
Looking at the specs, I'd say an R-57 or an RK2
mecanikill
R-51
FatRocky
Is anyone here that can confirm that the R56 Reverb is awesome as preamp only ?
Chartreuse-J
FatRocky wrote:

With feedback at zero and wet signal at zero and input at 12 noon and Dry at 12 noon, I can get some pretty good crunch tweaking input from 12 noon to about 5 o'clock on the R56. I'd say if you are just looking to boost signals than the RK2 would be an awesome application for boosting signals even into an R56.
Yes Powder
FatRocky wrote:

I can confirm. It makes for a lovely-sounding pre. nanners
thefutureeaters
FatRocky wrote:

It's a great preamp, for sure. I use the R56 for the pre more than for reverb. Not to say I don't love it for reverb, cause I do.
FatRocky
thefutureeaters wrote:
FatRocky wrote:

It's a great preamp, for sure. I use the R56 for the pre more than for reverb. Not to say I don't love it for reverb, cause I do.

Is the RK2 better for that as it´s main function is amplification i´m looking for just boosting not clipping a stereo signal . ( So two r56 could be too much space and . i tried once a Manley tube equalizer and it´s amazing how great it sounds once the passive parametric eq processed signal is boosted (each individual band ) by tubes.

I always wanted something like a Metasonix Stereo EQ , so I´m trying to figure out how to make something like that by patching R or RK modules with a fixed filter bank or a resonant equalizer like the Serge or a cleaner one.
metasonix
FatRocky wrote:
I always wanted something like a Metasonix Stereo EQ , so I´m trying to figure out how to make something like that by patching R or RK modules with a fixed filter bank or a resonant equalizer like the Serge or a cleaner one.

Your best bet would be an R57 or two RK2s feeding whatever EQ or filter you prefer. Making a tube eq is possible but painful (the potentiometers available today aren't really suitable, there's always a big dead area in the control rotation).
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Page 1 of 1