MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Verbos Multi Delay Processor
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Verbos Multi Delay Processor
The Junglechrist
Hey there everyone ! We have a new Patch from Scratch online that use the Multi Delay with short delay time and pitch shift on percussive sound :

BrokenBo
wow that serge res eq seems to be awesome. should i get one ? grin. great video!
luketeaford
Great video as always!
The Junglechrist
BrokenBo wrote:
wow that serge res eq seems to be awesome. should i get one ? grin. great video!

Yes it is quite a beast of a module ! I just had it for a week as I finaly didn't had the money to buy it to my friend who wante to get rid of it, but it was a fun week !
Voggg
Everyone has their own design philosophy; I'm certainly not suggesting that more CV ins is automatically better module design. My main point is that a in a large and fairly expensive effect (given all the other delay modules available), having just one CV option is a bold choice, especially in the context of other Verbos modules.
I don't mean to sound argumentative. I'm really happy that people are enjoying this module and as I said it sounds fantastic. I was looking for any excuse to buy it, and I appreciate your perspective that it's up to the user to put modules to creative use. I'll respond to your points just for the sake of clarification:
1. What I don't understand is making the secondary / feedback inputs replace the effects. I would want to mix the feedback and still have access to the effects.
2. My idea was "scanning" the volume of each tap with CV, as the VHO and Bark can do. For example, send an lfo to emphasize the second tap, then the third tap, and so on. In practice I'm not sure whether this would be useful or not, but some kind of CV control of mix or decay would be nice and is pretty standard in delay modules.
All that said, I really enjoy hearing what everyone is doing with this module. I just don't think it's for me.

mritenburg wrote:
Voggg wrote:
No alternate signal configuration or feedback routes.

There are two feedback routes. The pitch shifter input and reverb input both allow for patching feedback.

Voggg wrote:
That just doesn't make sense to me. You have a big mixer for the taps but no way to automate or scan through them as you have in other Verbos modules.

The taps are already scanned sequentially according to their placement in time relative to the input. You can speed-up or slow-down the scan rate with a CV. You have the ability with the sliders to mix their collective outputs any way you like. And, you can take individual outputs from any tap and run them through the sequential switch on the Verbos Sequence Selector if you want more variation.

Voggg wrote:
But why make a digital module that is so limited in terms of how you can use it? The sound is fantastic from what I've heard, but without the ability to modulate and find new territory, there is a chance that it gets stale after a while.

It is a time-based processor, not a pitch-based or frequency-based processor. From a time-based perspective it offers a wealth of modulation possibilities.

I think the design of the Multi-Delay Processor assumes that you are using it in the context of a fuller system with the expectation that you have some support and utility modules to help make the most of it.
The Junglechrist
Hey there guys ! I made this little patch where I use the Multi-Delay as a sort of fill generator for the drum beat (from a Tr-606) and it is very fun to use this way :

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqjkBc7FzTA/
yellowecho
How's everyone using the followers?

Very interested in picking up this module but need ideas to use it to its full potential.
The Junglechrist
yellowecho wrote:
How's everyone using the followers?

Very interested in picking up this module but need ideas to use it to its full potential.

I use them to change the delay time of the unit itself for some rythmic wobbles, very fun. You can also just send a trigger in the input of the delay and will turn it into a short enveloppe delayed 8 times that you can patch anywhere (in the individual harmonics of the Harmonic Oscillator for exemple).
It a very fun feature of the delay, there is MANY use to it, the best is to experiment with it.
iheartmodular
verbos mdp is gorgeous

exactly sounds i like thumbs up
Tumulishroomaroom
You can use the enveloppe followers like you'd use any enveloppe to modulate whichever parameter you fancy. Self patching is indeed great, other fun uses include the timbre controls of your oscillators, filters. Their use differs depending on the source material you feed the delay since you always get enveloppes relative to the delay input.
Tumulishroomaroom
Here's a new track where I used the Multi delay Processor to thicken drones and mess with samples from two TG One. You can easily hear the pitch shifting feedback; I also used an individual output which I re-routed through the reverb input via a ALM EQ. I tweaked the three levels as well as the faders live to play with the sound.

Other notable elements: Lyra 8, DFAM, Loquelic Iteritas Percido, Rainmaker, Fracture, Chimera, Hats & Cymbals & Bass Drum from Erica...

[s]https://soundcloud.com/tumulishoomaroom/1989-damage[/s]

Also; does anyone here have a Bark Filter ? If so how's the interaction between the two ? I'm guessing fantastic smile It's a hefty module but I might go for it sooner than later...
The Junglechrist
Here is the Multi-Delay being used almost only as a reverb at the end of this patch.

kingcons
I've been super enjoying my multi delay processor. It has made my "techno case" feel complete. Have a dumb instagram clip: https://www.instagram.com/p/BrdKpMOB9-w/

cool SlayerBadger!
yellowecho
kingcons wrote:
I've been super enjoying my multi delay processor. It has made my "techno case" feel complete. Have a dumb instagram clip: https://www.instagram.com/p/BrdKpMOB9-w/

cool SlayerBadger!

Sounds fire, dude! I'm officially GASing for it. Thanks for sharing This is fun!
Tumulishroomaroom
A little drone for the holiday :

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br23XoPhM2I/

With the fine company of the Bark Filter
Tumulishroomaroom
Some more insta snippet :

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsnuU9nhHce/
With short DFAM clicks going into the Multi Delay Processor
Tumulishroomaroom
Again, a little snippet with short, modulated clicks from WMD's Chimera going into the MDP. It's incredible to create texture. I'm also tapping one delay output which then goes into the Rainmaker for more texture out of barely anything.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtQwj1sh6uE/
BrokenBo
do you guys have diff noise floor /background noise depending on delay time? i hear quite a bit of background noise on my module with some delay times, especially with the longest times.

i
stephentrask
BrokenBo wrote:
do you guys have diff noise floor /background noise depending on delay time? i hear quite a bit of background noise on my module with some delay times, especially with the longest times.

i

I think the longer delay times mixed with higher reverb amounts might contribute to this. I think the reverb might be more the culprit.
Tumulishroomaroom
Yeah it's a bit noisy on the longer delay times. I like the noise.
The Junglechrist
Hey there everyone ! Here is a new funky patch I like to use with the Multi-Delay processor. Feed it a short trigger and it will make ... nine delayed envelopes out of it ! Perfect pair with the Harmonic Oscillator :

damase
BrokenBo wrote:

i

i get noise floor at the very long and very short times. i think its a limitation of how the delay is designed. in the videos mark talks about the design and how he has been working this concept for many years with newer technology allowing for it to finally be made with an acceptable noise level. so, what makes this delay so cool is because of this design, making some noise level unavoidable. at first i was let down, but ive realized you can get some cool tone from the noise also. you just gotta work with it knowing how it reacts. If you cv input audio rate modulation the noise breaks up really nicely.

wanted to add, the noise level and tone is much more agreeable than a true analog bbd, thats a huge advantage of his design. rather than thinking “this is noisey for a digital delay”, its more like “this is super quiet for an analog delay”
damase
The Junglechrist cool patch, almost like a weird verbos arppegiator
The Junglechrist
damase wrote:
The Junglechrist cool patch, almost like a weird verbos arppegiator

Delayed Harmonic arpeggiator hahaha
Tumulishroomaroom
Just stumbled upon this sound :

https://www.instagram.com/p/Btx9T2-FWLZ/

The Multi delay Processor is really a one stop shop for Emptyset-ish sonics ! This is just the VCO 1 from the DFAM into a DPLPG opened by the init EG in Zadar. Plug the sub for this one, bass pressure is on.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 2 of 3