MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DIY JPTR 8 clone *** New VCO Core Picture ***
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Author DIY JPTR 8 clone *** New VCO Core Picture ***
Boogie
Hello all,

thank you for your ongoing heads up and showing of interest.
I've updated the preference list as per request.

I've moved mongrol to the TH list
anonimouse has been added to the TH list
Jackdamery has been added to the SMD list

Small update

After evaluating the first Voice Board prototypes I decided to do a redesign of the voice board adding a wave shaper to VCO2 and third channel (not 3rd VCO) to the mixer so that both VCO's have the same waveforms.
Noise can be mixed separated, meaning the mixer has 3 channels.
VCO1-VCO2-and noise seperately.
Further, the selected connectors are realy a pain......, to solder the inner row if not reflowing.
Therefore I took the decision to move away from that and move to DDRx socket.
Apart from solderability, the selected connectors started suffering bad contact after plugging in and out only some 20-30 times.
The new SMD voice board will thus have a whole bunch of edge gold plated contacts of which plenty are in parallel reducing the 'bad contacts' to as good as zero.

That's it for now.
More to follow.

Chrutil
Hi Boogie,
I am following this with interest, and your redesign seems like a good idea.
I did notice that my name seems to have been added more than once - in facc I am featured twice the the TH list and once in the SMD list.
I am equally comfortable either way, but maybe for this I would pick TH, so maybe you could remove me from the SMD list (#6) and remove one of my entries (#24) from the TH and I'm all set.

Thanks,
C
Boogie
Hi Chrutil

updated.
I'll publish again this Sunday.
Panason
I seem to have been removed from the list for populated SMD and sines is there 3 times seriously, i just don't get it
Boogie
Panason wrote:
I seem to have been removed from the list for populated SMD and sines is there 3 times seriously, i just don't get it
I don't know when that happened seriously, i just don't get it , but added you again. Chugging Beers

Re: Sines
Yes, he asked for 2 to 4 pcs. So I added 3.

darmklacht@gmail.com
I´m sorry boogie... I will have to pull out.
My Finances will need to go elswhere.

Good luck with the project nevertheless! it looks like a ton of fun and its surely goinna make a bunch of people happy!
Ayab
Boogie, this looks like a dream design by Boogie.

I would be interested depending on final spec (see below) and cost in - ALL PRE POPULATED SMD. I would rather remove my own skin than try and trouble shoot my own thru hole build of such a beauty.

I am interested to know if you have looked at implementing midi at all? An advantage of the Deckards Dream is the classic cs80 polyphonic after touch via midi.

A stand alone polysynth without midi for me is an issue of the controller keyboard - I don't know any without midi.

Because I don't have the skills to build a keyboard that could scan the CV's and all that stuff it.

Outside of the hardcore diy community I see this could be a sticking point -unless I am missing something obvious here (have not read thread exhaustively yet).
devinw1
I won't speak for Boogie, but I'd be super duper surprised if he wasn't planning on having MIDI. I don't see why you'd make a balls out standalone polysynth desktop unit that didn't have MDI. For simple Euro modules, sure CV and gate are fine, but for this... yeah MIDI seems to be the way to go.

I'd actually love to see it done as a keyboard unit, but it seems again, desktop is the preference of people on this board.
JanneI
Boogie already posted the Midi board (3D pic), so just browse the thread..
moogah
I'll be watching closely and would want pre-populated SMT boards depending on my available budget when it's ready.

Cheers!
Ayab
Thanks JanneI

I will read the rest of the thread - sorry, I was late on this and haven't had the chance to read up on it (and then got ahead of myself). But it is out of enthusiasm. Have been stuck in a bit of a hole recently and not seen this up to now. Very exciting project.

I look forward to Boogie giving details of the midi implementation.
Virusinstaller
Looks like an interesting build!
I must red up on this more
Boogie
darmklacht @ gmail . com
No problem, but If you don't mind,
I'll leave you in.
It's only a list with people expressing their main interest.

Ayab
Quote:
Boogie, this looks like a dream design by Boogie.

Wow, thanks for the heads up.
Quote:
An advantage of the Deckards Dream is the classic cs80 polyphonic after touch via midi.

The unit will have midi In and Through.
Midi out still to be implemented.
Thank you for the remark on aftertouch, I'll update one another to implement it. It's not too late yet.

devinw1
Quote:
I'd actually love to see it done as a keyboard unit

Maybe in the 2020 (2021) version, who knows. cool

moogah
I'll add you to the list

Ayab
Quote:
I look forward to Boogie giving details of the midi implementation.

I'll do that by the time everything is about to finish. Tha would also be a moment in time to add some software features in both capabilities and midi implementation, though it should not go in the way of a thousand questions resulting in a 'never ending story'.

Virusinstaller
Quote:
I must red up on this more

Yes please feel free to catch up as much as possible.
Some previous work of mine can be found here:
Minipops 7 clone: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=199360
ClapTrap clone: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=202248
darmklacht@gmail.com
Boogie wrote:
darmklacht @ gmail . com
No problem, but If you don't mind,
I'll leave you in.
It's only a list with people expressing their main interest.

Ok Boogie,

No problem leave me in. I might end up still going along... who knows. I just can´t commit right now.
looneytoonz
Hi everyone - first-time post on this thread.

I am following this development with great interest - Also after successfully building the DDRM. I'd be interested in a TH Kit.

Boogie: Are your kits meant to be complete (i.e. PCBs + All Components + case)? I'm just curious what else I would need to source to build a complete product.

Thanks,
Kevin L
devinw1
Boogie wrote:

Maybe in the 2020 (2021) version, who knows. cool

hihi hihi thumbs up thumbs up
Boogie
darmklacht@gmail.com
Quote:
No problem leave me in. I might end up still going along... who knows. I just can´t commit right now.

No problem, who knows what time brings. Always welcome.

looneytoonz
Quote:
Are your kits meant to be complete (i.e. PCBs + All Components + case)? I'm just curious what else I would need to source to build a complete product.

Good question, no straight forward answer.
SMD PCB's will come populated and bare PCB, no SMD components delivered.
TH PCB's will only be unpopulated. Adding the TH components may be an option, but would add the kitting to the price. I've done this for my MiniP7 kit, where it turned out to be a huge job, even for a only a couple components.
There are some fellow MW's who do kitting of components. If they would be interested to do it, I would not mind.

Below the updated interest list.

markelm
Hi! Please sign me up as interested in an SMD board (populated or unpopulated, depending on cost). Thanks!
makhho
second'd on the keyboard version, however I totally understand where the priority rests.
RowanH
Put me down for SMD (populated).

Many thanks.
mckenic
Cost and timing (on this side) depending please put me down for TH (or populates SMD - either is fine).

Thanks mate!
Warpus
Please put me in for populated SMD. Thanks!
looneytoonz
Quote:
Boogie:
Quote:
Quote: looneytoonz
Are your kits meant to be complete (i.e. PCBs + All Components + case)? I'm just curious what else I would need to source to build a complete product.

Good question, no straight forward answer.
SMD PCB's will come populated and bare PCB, no SMD components delivered.
TH PCB's will only be unpopulated. Adding the TH components may be an option, but would add the kitting to the price. I've done this for my MiniP7 kit, where it turned out to be a huge job, even for a only a couple components.
There are some fellow MW's who do kitting of components. If they would be interested to do it, I would not mind.

Thanks for the response, Boogie.

I guess my biggest concern was the case. I think you may be supplying that, since I read all of the previous discussions about panel layout and form-factor.

If BOMs are published for each option, that would be very helpful. For DDRM, SynthCube (US) kitted components for almost all parts. It would be great to arrange with them, as they are pretty reputable.

Best,
Kevin L
Boogie
Hi looneytoonz
Quote:
I guess my biggest concern was the case

Yes, I will provide the case.
Quote:
If BOMs are published for each option, that would be very helpful
At the time, I will certainly release the BOMs.
Quote:
SynthCube (US) kitted components for almost all parts

They are on my list to be contacted, or if they want, they're always welcome to contact me already, though that would be a bit too soon.
Boogie
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Page 15 of 17