MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Is calibration unique for each output jack on the ES3?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Is calibration unique for each output jack on the ES3?
Naturligasteg
Hello.

I calibrated my ES3 with channels 1 and 2 and it tracked fine.

Then I make another SW Voice controller instance and used the same calibration to send out pitch CV to channel 4 and gate on channel 5.

Guess what. Pitch CV from channel 4 was not the same as for channel 1 after I have loaded in the same calibration file for that instance. Is that the way it should be? Do I have to calibrate pitch cv differently if I want to use different jacks for output on the ES3?

I want to know before I go and make another calibration of each channel, cause that is not a smooth process.
jb001
Hi there.

I found my ES3 to also send slightly different un common CV values and I believe this is normal.

I use the DCOFFSET plugin in the silent way pack to tune the outputs to be near enough the same CV value. Just by using a tuner in Ableton Live, not by using a multimetre.

To re-cap...

Fire up a DCOFFSET instance into each of the 8 outputs on your DAW that go to the ES3

Plug a jack into ES3 output 1 and bring the CV as audio back into a channel in your DAW, fire up a VST Tuner onto that audio channel and note the CV as Hertz.

Now plug in that jack to port 2 of your ES3 and use the DCOFFSET tool to bring the Frequency close as possible to channel one.

Now repeat for each channels 3,4,5,6,7,8

Or... do it with a multimetre.

Maybe someone can shed some light on what the CV values (of voltage) should actually be from the factory. I just tune them all to one common cv which works but is not actually true to factory specifications.

Hope tat makes sense for you.
Naturligasteg
Ok, so I take it that is really is so that the jacks have to be differently calibrated. Sad and weird, wonder why they built it like this. Your method with a plugins is a clever solution if the jacks just have an offset and the scaling does not glide as well. Worth a try. I will test that. Thank you for you input.

jb001 wrote:
Hi there.

I found my ES3 to also send slightly different un common CV values and I believe this is normal.

I use the DCOFFSET plugin in the silent way pack to tune the outputs to be near enough the same CV value. Just by using a tuner in Ableton Live, not by using a multimetre.

To re-cap...

Fire up a DCOFFSET instance into each of the 8 outputs on your DAW that go to the ES3

Plug a jack into ES3 output 1 and bring the CV as audio back into a channel in your DAW, fire up a VST Tuner onto that audio channel and note the CV as Hertz.

Now plug in that jack to port 2 of your ES3 and use the DCOFFSET tool to bring the Frequency close as possible to channel one.

Now repeat for each channels 3,4,5,6,7,8

Or... do it with a multimetre.

Maybe someone can shed some light on what the CV values (of voltage) should actually be from the factory. I just tune them all to one common cv which works but is not actually true to factory specifications.

Hope tat makes sense for you.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1