MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SmartCAB
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author SmartCAB
traffkin
Better late than never...

We worked hard and voila - the first Keen Association 200e-ready enclosure called SmartCAB is in stock now.
Not only it is an 8 unit cabinet with expansion and chaining capabilities but it also includes some additional electronics built into wooden side, such as:

1. Preset Voltage Source of four keys with tunable coarse/fine voltages, the input for the CV to be summed with the current key voltage, pulse output and last key priority logic
2. Voltage controlled Slew Processor with CV increase/decrease detector
3. Three Euro to Buchla CV converters with switchable voltage multipliers
4. Three Euro gate to Buchla pulse converters
5. Low power USB port for some controllers etc. DO NOT CHARGE your iPhones there smile

Two expansion connectors provide all necessary 200e signals and even power for our Model 220 external frame. More than one SmartCAB can be chained via those connectors too, thus sharing one preset manager.

The SmartCAB includes two 200e breakout panels and the standard 12v BNC lamp connector.

And yes, it comes with the bag smile

the run is just 20 units

price is $850 USD + shipping (usually around $100)
ritchiedrums
I LOVE MINE!!!! Guinness ftw!
BugBrand
Frigging lovely work there!
Kazremark
Very nice case. Would it be possible to link two of these and have all the preset management work for 20 modules?
traffkin
yes, it was designed for that purpose too

Kazremark wrote:
Very nice case. Would it be possible to link two of these and have all the preset management work for 20 modules?
diophantine
Damn... that looks amazing! And the price is seriously nice as well!

Wish I had some 200e (or plans to get into it soon)...
J3RK
That really is some amazing work!
Kent
traffkin wrote:

Kazremark wrote:

What about adding this to a 10-panel Buchla Skylab? Will preset functionality work across both unit if there is only one Preset Manager installed?
traffkin
it would need special breakout for the skylab. if there're enough demands we can make small run. i made such thing for Maria Teriaeva couple of months ago, for her skylab and 220 in external frame. preset manager will work but the cable shouldn't be too long

Kent wrote:
traffkin wrote:

Kazremark wrote:

What about adding this to a 10-panel Buchla Skylab? Will preset functionality work across both unit if there is only one Preset Manager installed?
Kent
Thanks, good sir. Will consider it.
lumin
Could you provide dimensions for the smart cab? Weight?
Interested for a touring gig setup.

Thanks!
traffkin
empty SmartCAB weight is ~2kg
SmartCAB with the case is ~5kg (presuming there's a psu there too)
case size is 550x460x240 mm (with handle)
here's SmartCAB and external frame sizes, just in case

lumin wrote:
Could you provide dimensions for the smart cab? Weight?
Interested for a touring gig setup.

Thanks!
mutierend
Is the external frame included with the SmartCab?
traffkin
no, has to be bought separately, $150

but it needs some basic soldering to put the 220 there

mutierend wrote:
Is the external frame included with the SmartCab?
mutierend
I loaded up my SmartCAB with modules to prep for a live show I have coming up. I'm using the euro inputs to sequence the 268e with my Koma Komplex. Works perfectly!
FatRocky
love
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1